OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Compass only on CT.
Although I would like to see what the updated 2022 Chrono clock looks like.
The picture on the configurator looks the same as the MY21 clock. Seems odd as I am sure the 911 I test drove had a proper clock there
Sponsored

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
My build locked, with the sport chrono. I regret it, I now have a digital and analogue stopwatch I will never use in the middle of my dash. Should have gotten compass.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
My build locked, with the sport chrono. I regret it, I now have a digital and analogue stopwatch I will never use in the middle of my dash. Should have gotten compass.
I had same concern that I will never use that stopwatch, I'm not a fan of speeding. anyway, I selected porsche designed one for watching time.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I wonder whether Porsche just has a marketing department completely disconnected from their customer base, which doesn't realize that many people who order the chrono package couldn't care less about a one-hand. seconds-only clock, or do they have a greedy marketing department, which assumes people will pay another $1100 or more to upgrade the single hand clock to a dual hand clock.

Olav

First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I cannot find the option for enhanced sport chrono with analog clock when I look in the configurator. Seriously, if my Taycan does not come with analog clock display supported I will get so mad.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I had same concern that I will never use that stopwatch, I'm not a fan of speeding. anyway, I selected porsche designed one for watching time.
Same, I was going to select the compass and altitude because it would be fun for the kids. Perhaps the chrono will have some appeal when I sell the car in a couple of years?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Integrated radar detector would be really fun! looking forward to your work!
I plan on doing it for sure, just haven't decided it the display will replace the chrono clock. Some people, including my wife, think I'm "crazy that way" for doing this to brand new cars which cost over a hundred grand, but that's me, "crazy that way" ;) Here is what one of my Teslas looked like in my garage a few days after I got it.
Porsche Taycan Sport chrono clock 1631004186175

Porsche Taycan Sport chrono clock 1631003909365

Few days after that, all done, Stinger VIP dual radar detector and laser jamming installed (and tested, curtesy of local enthusiasts who had police laser guns to test with). I installed a dual dashcam too - unlike radar/laser, I install those in every car in the family (wife & kids) - paid for itself already when my wife's Tesla was totaled and the dashcam proved beyond any doubt it was the other driver who was at fault. To me a dashcam is like an airbag, you hope you never have to use it, but glad you have it.

I'm still looking for technical manuals for the Taycan, preparing for when I get one, as I plan to do the same, radar/laser and dashcams, soon after taking delivery (the only thing prior to that will be window tint, and probably replace those orange side markers - not a fan, but might white reflectors in the front side somewhere, as my car will be white).

Last edited:

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I plan on doing it for sure, just haven't decided it the display will replace the chrono clock. Some people, including my wife, think I'm "crazy that way" for doing this to brand new cars which cost over a hundred grand, but that's me, "crazy that way" ;) Here is what one of my Teslas looked like in my garage a few days after I got it.
1631004186175.png

1631003909365.png

Few days after that, all done, Stinger VIP dual radar and laser jamming installed (and tested, curtesy of local enthusiasts who had police laser guns to test with). I installed a dual dashcam too - unlike radar/laser, I install those in every car in the family (wife & kids) - paid for itself already when my wife's Tesla was totaled and the dashcam proved beyond any doubt it was the other driver who was at fault. To me a dashcam is like an airbag, you hope you never have to use it, but glad you have it.

I'm still looking for technical manuals for the Taycan, preparing for when I get one, as I plan to do the same, radar/laser and dashcams, soon after taking delivery (the only thing prior to that will be window tint, and probably replace those orange side markers - not a fan, but might white reflectors in the front side somewhere, as my car will be white).
I really love your DIY spirit, this is where man's fun from:) I would love to do the same, but I am afraid I am lack of knowledge.
The radar you installed is for long distance or short distance?

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I found it when configuring the CT in the USA, where the performance package includes chrono with a choice of regular or compass. I just realized that it does tell time according to the description, it's just digital time. I wonder if it's only available on a CT, intended as an off-road option.
1630961131571.png
What's strange is when I pull that up on the USA CT configurator I only get the Porsche image and not the picture of the compass. Odd.

Also, I do not see the time in your picture. I believe the top number is the altitude and the bottom is clearly not the time. How do you get the time? Is their a toggle button of some sort?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, altitude and time are displayed in the center.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The radar you installed is for long distance or short distance?
It's a speed radar detector, which works over the horizon even in unobstructed areas. Two antennas so that the warning is directional. Laser warning and jamming works similar, but in addition to detecting the lidar, it also jams it long enough to slow down the car to the speed at which you prefer the speed to be measured. ;)

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
This is probably a stupid question… But is is possible the get the sport chrono clock to do anything other than tick round the second hand? I know there’s a digital display and you can use it as a stopwatch, but can you get it to just tell the time? Like an ordinary watch? Or can you only do that by paying an extra £1500 for the sport design clock?
I hope I'm not misunderstanding your question, but the digital portion of the regular sport chrono wart does display the time in hours and minutes; it's not just a stopwatch. As you've mentioned, seconds are ticked off by the analog sweep hand.
Sponsored