Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The Tesla Model S uses the Type 2 charging standard, which is used for both AC and DC charging.... The Taycan is type 2 for AC. What am I missing here? Unless the red charger has some dip switches set to only allow Tesla??
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There are two issues:
- Plug your car into a Tesla charger. Tesla has their own type of connector, so you need the adapter.
- Once plugged in, will it give you the juice? That is where you need to plug into a "white sign" one as you mentioned.
If you plug any other EV with a type 2 charge cable into a Tesla destination charger you will be fine. No needfor an adapter if you have the type 2 connector. There is a setting in the wall connector that is said to work either with all EVs or just Tesla. But the setting for just Tesla cars seem to work on some other EVs as well, but it takes more time before the car starts to charge.

And that wall connector is capable of 22 kW power, which the Taycan can not use as yet.

paulsantiago

First Name
{aul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A8
Country flag
Porsche produces such gorgeous cars in such gorgeous colors. That's incredible to witness. After driving EVs since 2015, we regrettably took our first road trip with a Taycan over the holidays and had the worst experience possible. The Taycan is a great vehicle to drive, so it's a pity. Still, from what we've seen, the public charging networks are so distant from Tesla Superchargers that it's a totally different planet. Even with its camping features, it does lack some essentials like flashlights, for a matter of fact. They're awful, so I bought one from here https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV.

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I wonder if there is an option similar to the Audi one like in this picture..

Porsche Taycan Taycan camping 05E12BB2-C88C-4933-A4E7-9B96BF4D2E8C

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
With an ICE it would look like a way to suicide yourself without a hose in the exhaust :giggle:

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm from the UK and have lived in the US for over 10 years. Still weirds me out when I hear people refer to camping in a car.
To me, camping will always be strictly tents.

OP - where in KY are you? I'm Northern.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Go to PlugShare.com on your PC or download the app on your phone. Create an account and select the Taycan EV in Manage Vehicles. Open the filters section and select 14-50 to see places on the map that have this outlet. There will be pictures of the parking spaces which can show the
14-50 outlet. hope this helps.
Below is a typcal outlet box at a RV parking spot.

Porsche Taycan Taycan camping RV 14-50

Last edited:

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
A LOT of campings have 30A hookups, so you will need TT-30 adapter for that

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
That’s perfect if you need to avoid lions and tigers and bears…
I love the idea of this. This is exactly the kind of thing I would rush out to buy, store in garage, and take out of garage only to sell years later when selling the car for which I bought it.
Sponsored