PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I am trying to gauge if my request for a loaner is unreasonable. I have had 2 prior services and both times received a Macan and Cayenne.

Saturday morning, my car gives me the "red" Electrical system error, park vehicle in a safe place (see pic below). You cannot put it in Drive and the car has to be towed. Did all the usually remedies to see if it was a software bug/hiccup. Two finger PCM reboot, lock the car and leave for 15 min, then 45 min, then hours, then overnight with the key far away. No dice. Same error and even the app shows the car red indication an error. All of this cause the 12v to die.

Call the dealer, they are closing so please call Porsche Roadside (not AAA) and have the car delivered. But by the way, we have no loaners and the next available loaner is at the end of February. Guess I should have scheduled my car to break next month. :p

Follow the tow truck and leave the car Sunday and call and leave a message with the advisor. She calls Monday morning. Has the key and will be in touch, but has no loaner.

Monday afternoon, I call for an update. Get the voicemail. Few hours later, text message, the vehicle is dispatched to a technician. We we will have an update by lunch Tuesday. I call at 13:45 Tuesday for an update. No response. I call at 16:22 Tuesday. Voicemail. Call back to the main number and by chance my advisor answers.

According to her, they moved my car into the garage (this is a lie-see next paragraph) and they cannot get it to turn on (funny, I got it turned on with my jump box, just cannot put it in drive) and are still trying to figure out what is going on. No reason for not returning my call. So I ask about a loaner. We have no loaners and no idea when we will have one. I advised her as I dropped my car Sunday, a 911 owner had pulled up and leaves his car and is walking around clicking a key fob for his loaner. Her response was he scheduled his loaner a month ago. I explained that I did not schedule my car to break and that I cannot drive my car and he can drive his. Not that I need his loaner, but someone scheduled this week for an oil change could be moved. She gets a little belligerent about the fact that she does not have a loaner and cannot give me her car (I did not ask for that). I just told her that I can borrow a family members car, but they need it Thursday so I need a car if it will not be fixed by Thursday. Maybe she should look at the schedule of loaners and make and adjustment.

What has me irritated is the fact that she is lying to me. I have an Apple Air tag hidden in the car. The car has not moved from where it was left by the tow truck 2 days ago. And it is a current report (it reports the time it was updated and I have been checking). I have monitored the car in the past when there for the big uPdate and you can see the car moving around the property. So no tech has looked at it. So now I am 4 days with no car and two at the dealer and it has not been looked at. I understand they need time to look at it and I am fine with that. However, I am going to need a loaner as I see this being an extended stay and I do not see the service advisor even making an attempt to secure one.

My concern is that the electrical error has usually meant the High Voltage Onboard Charger needs replacement (and they are in short supply) or as someone on the competing Taycan forum said their main battery had to be replaced 20 days after the High Voltage Onboard Charger was replaced and It took a month to get the replacement battery.

I will be patient tomorrow, but come Thursday morning I am going to be carless.

Is a loaner required by Porsche NA or is it a convenience that the dealer has the option to provide?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Electrical Error and no Loaner Car in the future Taycan Electric
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Arrrgh ... sounds like you need to let her know about the Air Tag, and then you should speak to the Service Manager or GM to discuss the air tag. In person. Can they loan you one of their used cars? I've heard the market is slow. Or, as @jvincent suggested, rent a car and pursue reimbursement later - but get the dealer's commitment to reimburse your rental in writing before you do. Keep documenting this saga.