Stormtrooper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi all, I have 2 Taycan GTS allocations available at MSRP, please call me at 901-569-9616 if interested.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My dealer says a GTS Taycan without the Racetex is going to be hard to resell. The racetex is the GTS identity. Im in two minds myself but will probably get the racetex and if I cant live with it I'll sell it and get another with leather :D

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
My dealer says a GTS Taycan without the Racetex is going to be hard to resell. The racetex is the GTS identity. Im in two minds myself but will probably get the racetex and if I cant live with it I'll sell it and get another with leather :D
I think your dealer is wrong. Get the one you want - I would rather buy a GTS with leather off of you and so would many others I’m sure. ?.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Anyone sticking with the Race-Tex interior or switching to leather?
100% racetex for me, even getting the B-pillar in racetex option. I was going to get leather for my CT4S even though I secretly wanted Racetex. However now with the GTS interior get to have the leather stitched dash AND full racetex on the seat. Win-win for me. Also not doing the GTS-specific red or chalk interior. Instead going to have the red belts and the chrono watch in red. $5k for deviated stiching and some small carbon accents isn't worth it for me. But the pop of color with the belts and chrono is.

Stormtrooper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
IMHO your dealer is talking nonsense. How many non Taycan GTS models (Macan, Cayenne, Boxster, 911 and Panamera) do they have to sell and how many of those have stuck with the race-tex - none I suspect.

The trickier decision is to take one of the 2 interior trims or keep standard.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
This is exactly what i came across with the Macan. The Gts has better residuals when it is kept in race tex with the normal Gts trim. I would expect the same to apply across most models.
In regards to the above comment almost every Gts Macan i looked at on the used market had race tex and the dealer told me the same as above. He’s talking sense imo albeit slightly exaggerated.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
If anyone has a lead on a US-based dealer that will sell me a GTS Sport Turismo for MSRP, or close, please let me know. I had money down on a CT Turbo but definitely prefer the style of the GTS Sport Turismo. At first my sales rep was happy to move my deposit over and said I was "first in line" for their GTS allocations. But yesterday he called to tell me that management wants $20k over MSRP for the GTS cars, at least the "early" build slots that are set for delivery in April 2022.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
There will be a strong market for a used GTS regardless of how the interior is spec'd. I am ordering one and don't want Ractex everywhere. The seats maybe, but not all over the dash and center console. If my budget limited me to a used GTS, I'd be looking for the same spec with a few miles on it in a couple of years.

Your story reminds me of the time I traded in my BMW 540i with a six-speed manual. The dealer tried to tell me the car was worth less in trade because nobody buys manuals anymore; but when I pointed out that the car I was buying new was also a manual, he got quiet and abandoned that argument.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Don’t shoot the messenger lads. Conveying what the dealer principal who has been selling me and my friends cars for over 20 years said. He has no reason to lie! Either way Im going to go for it as will be a change from what I currently have. If I dont like it no loss as will be placing an order for another as soon as mine is delivered :)

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
The problem with Race-Tex is that any part you touch regularly (such as the steering wheel) ages very quickly. Unfortunately the configurator won’t let me select the Race-Tex and a leather steering wheel, which would have been a good solution.

It’s also a bit of a no if you plan on having kids in the car. Makes way more sense in a 2 door sports car, than a 4 door sedan.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Had alcantara in my civic type r, seat bolsters were showing wear after about 10k miles, also had an Audi A4 special edition with alcantara wheel and gear knob those went smooth and shiny in no time. I love it as headlining but nothing else.

Speedmaster99

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S CT & MY22 Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
I've got my order in for an GTS in ST guise. I've kept with the steel roof and racetex interior because I love the double bubble like roof line and the more sport oriented interior.

I've gone for :
  • Carmine Red,
  • 21' RS Spyder wheels,
  • folding mirrors,
  • auto-dimming mirrors,
  • privacy glass,
  • park assist surround view,
  • adaptive cruise control,
  • 4+1 seating,
  • ambient lighting,
  • BOSE and the,
  • 150kW DC booster.
I feel like that's a solid driver's car spec, which in my mind is what a GTS is supposed to be.

Mark.

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
I've got my order in for an GTS in ST guise. I've kept with the steel roof and racetex interior because I love the double bubble like roof line and the more sport oriented interior.

I've gone for :
  • Carmine Red,
  • 21' RS Spyder wheels,
  • folding mirrors,
  • auto-dimming mirrors,
  • privacy glass,
  • park assist surround view,
  • adaptive cruise control,
  • 4+1 seating,
  • ambient lighting,
  • BOSE and the,
  • 150kW DC booster.
I feel like that's a solid driver's car spec, which in my mind is what a GTS is supposed to be.

Mark.
I was talking to my sales guy last week, and mentioned that I dont want a glass roof this time around. (My Kids in the back love it, but as a driver I never notice it) He advised that in his experience, the glass roof is an option that pays for itself. He reckoned it can be worth circa £3000 less at resale without. Apparently everyone (here in the UK) expects a glass roof in a Taycan.

Based on that, my GTS will likely have one..
Sponsored