TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have to say, I know things are difficult for dealers currently, but I would have to pick up on that with the dealership.
Agreed. I'd call them or go there in person. Eliminate any chances for them to dodge questions.
Sponsored

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
Collected my GTS ST a couple of weeks ago with a very similar spec, amazing car.
Sorry to hear about your delay you must be gutted.

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Collected my GTS ST a couple of weeks ago with a very similar spec, amazing car.
Sorry to hear about your delay you must be gutted.
Thank you. I hope you’re enjoying the car and it’s giving you a smile each day. These things happen - just need to be patient now!

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Hmm... interesting.

I picked up my Taycan GTS about a month ago, also had some heating issues as well. The AC would only blow cold air and the heated steering wheel barely produced any heat - the heated seats worked great though.

A couple of days later, everything seemed to resolve on its own. The heating on my steering wheel feels kind of weak, but it works - not sure if that's due to the RaceTex material or if there's still something wonky.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your issue but please do update with the outcome - I'd be curious to hear more about it. Hope they're able to take care of you quickly.

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hmm... interesting.

I picked up my Taycan GTS about a month ago, also had some heating issues as well. The AC would only blow cold air and the heated steering wheel barely produced any heat - the heated seats worked great though.

A couple of days later, everything seemed to resolve on its own. The heating on my steering wheel feels kind of weak, but it works - not sure if that's due to the RaceTex material or if there's still something wonky.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your issue but please do update with the outcome - I'd be curious to hear more about it. Hope they're able to take care of you quickly.
Thanks. I’ve now checked with two of my friends (both picked up their Taycan 4s’s) this week and both have issues with heating with cars now back with the supplying dealer.

So on surface it appears heating is an issue with some of the cars right now.

I’m just thankful it’s been detected before handover. I live 80 miles away from dealer so would not have been best pleased if I had to take car back!

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this. As someone waiting over a year as well for an allocation to even lock-in, I feel your pain.

Wonder if you can make the most of the time while waiting for parts. For example, PPF or tint or anything else you need to take care of before hitting the road.

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
Re the heating - I have a 2 year old Taycan which stopped heating - it was with the dealership for a couple weeks (I had a Hyundai iconiq as a replacement from Porsche…) - on pick up I was told the heater failure is happening to a huge number of cars - 9 out of 10 recoveries for this reason … apparently huge job to replace the whole unit involves taking apart dashboard etc

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Slight thread hi-jack, sorry. But my 9 month old CT4S heating all seems fine. However, I've noticed over last couple of weeks that the car windows will randomly mist up - during a journey (not when first setting off). It soon clears with the de-mist button, but your comments making me wonder if something in the heating system is having a bit of a moment from time to time.

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I’ve now checked with two of my friends (both picked up their Taycan 4s’s) this week and both have issues with heating with cars now back with the supplying dealer.

So on surface it appears heating is an issue with some of the cars right now.

I’m just thankful it’s been detected before handover. I live 80 miles away from dealer so would not have been best pleased if I had to take car back!

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can I ask was your car from Porsche Leeds.

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this. As someone waiting over a year as well for an allocation to even lock-in, I feel your pain.

Wonder if you can make the most of the time while waiting for parts. For example, PPF or tint or anything else you need to take care of before hitting the road.
Thanks and yes I already have all of those ticked…

Talking to dealership next week about inconvenience of what’s happened and see the options

OP
OP

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Re the heating - I have a 2 year old Taycan which stopped heating - it was with the dealership for a couple weeks (I had a Hyundai iconiq as a replacement from Porsche…) - on pick up I was told the heater failure is happening to a huge number of cars - 9 out of 10 recoveries for this reason … apparently huge job to replace the whole unit involves taking apart dashboard etc
That’s what I was told yesterday. Some cars might have a recall on them to replace the unit, which is therefore causing a backlog and delay in parts arriving.
Sponsored