First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
Hi all,

After being longtime in doubt between a crayon/silver/volcano taycan, I originally ordered the crayon but then cancelled it for volcano grey with 20 inch turbo aero wheels (stock model).

Now, after seeing it more often in real life, I notice that I get less excited from volcano then from crayon or any brighter color. Brighter colors with black accents show off more the lines of the car and are more 'beasty', specially with 21 inch wheels...

So, should I change the color again, to dolomite silver mabye? Or just change the wheels to taycan design wheels for a more beasty/sportive special look? Mainstream is good not to be too conspicuous, because it is still a Porsche and this can provoke jealousy. But at the same time you want to have the 'special' feeling of a Porsche... is that possible with volcano?
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi all,

After being longtime in doubt between a crayon/silver/volcano taycan, I originally ordered the crayon but then cancelled it for volcano grey with 20 inch turbo aero wheels (stock model).

Now, after seeing it more often in real life, I notice that I get less excited from volcano then from crayon or any brighter color. Brighter colors with black accents show off more the lines of the car and are more 'beasty', specially with 21 inch wheels...

So, should I change the color again, to dolomite silver mabye? Or just change the wheels to taycan design wheels for a more beasty/sportive special look? Mainstream is good not to be too conspicuous, because it is still a Porsche and this can provoke jealousy. But at the same time you want to have the 'special' feeling of a Porsche... is that possible with volcano?
I don’t think anyone can answer this for you.

follow your heart and your wallet. You can only spend it once. And for this price you should get it exactly like you want.

I am configuring a 4 CT and I am going for Valcano with 20 inch turbo wheels. Because that is what I want. And the dealer will paint the wheel arches in the same color. For the CT, for me, dark colors look beter.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would avoid Crayon/chalk in your situation, Chalk is a polarizing color that you should only get if you LOVE it.

Color is a really hard one. The Turbo Aero wheels look great so I wouldn't be concerned about those. Volcano Grey and Dolomite are safe, classic colors. Be aware Dolomite has a distinctly blue tint in certain lighting, make sure to see it in person (even if on a different Porsche).

The colors I'd recommend looking at if you're not in love with any one color would be: Volcano Grey, Dolomite, Gentian Blue, Carrera White. Those are the classic, always look good to most people colors.

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I just got mine CT this weekend. It is in volcano grey and I had the 20 inch off-road design wheels coated satin black....I love the set-up.

2383fd21-1e1f-48f1-a1b3-68cd205bb367.JPG
Nice that you kept the silver on the bottom. I am going to do the same.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Hi all,

I was set on Volcano Grey and after seeing it enough in person, I had same emotions and thoughts as you for lighter colors on Taycan. I settled on Ice Grey Metallic, after seeing one in it. Spectacular. Have you considered it?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I was set on Volcano Grey and after seeing it enough in person, I had same emotions and thoughts as you for lighter colors on Taycan. I settled on Ice Grey Metallic, after seeing one in it. Spectacular. Have you considered it?
+2 on ice grey. It looks incredible!

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
All colours have something special. I took the green mamba one. It’s a green car ? also with silver accents, nice with the ct rims 20 inch
Porsche Taycan Taycan order: doubts again A99FCF8D-832F-4F94-8A92-82930541AD88

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I do like ice grey, but here in Belgium it’s maybe a too cold color? Dolomite silver is interesting, but I’m 36 and it feels like a color for an older audience?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
  1. I do like ice grey, but here in Belgium it’s maybe a too cold color? Dolomite silver is interesting, but I’m 36 and it feels like a color for an older audience?
    You should definitely get Mamba green without any discussion at your age. I am 46 which is starting to be ok for Volcano gray. I like Dolomite on the sedan but less on the CT.

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag

1. You should definitely get Mamba green without any discussion at your age. I am 46 which is starting to be ok for Volcano gray. I like Dolomite on the sedan but less on the CT.
Very cool, but too remarkable for me :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hi all,

Colors are always personal. It sounds to me from your post that you might be someone whose preferences change more often than the average car ownership period. Perhaps what you need is a plain white car and a wrap in the color of your choice. Whenever you can bored of the color, you just pay to re-wrap the car in a whole new color for much less than it would take for you to trade in your car and get a new one. You might want to check with some local shop which will do the wrapping, but AFAIK they prefer wrapping plain white cars for some reason, hence my recommendation to do plain white.

Alternatively, wait for Porsche to start using this new technology patented by Audi - ability to change the color of your car from the PCM. It doesn't offer full color spectrum, but it sounds like it could cover crayon through a range of greys, maybe even blues.

Porsche Taycan Taycan order: doubts again 1635929793658

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
What do you guys think? Should I make the switch from volcano to dolomite? The stockmodel dolomite silver doesn't have black side skirts though...

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
What do you guys think? Should I make the switch from volcano to dolomite? The stockmodel dolomite silver doesn't have black side skirts though...
Dolomite. Better for your conditions.
Sponsored