struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
It's a kinda light, baby blue, and it's tricky to match with colors. I only like it with white, all shades of grey, black, all other colors are tricky... but it's all about personal taste.
I have the glacier blue headlights on my Carrera White Taycan. Very subtle and I don’t dislike them. However, I probably wouldn’t order them again.
Sponsored

Ozpark17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
no - Porsche Charging Dock
no - Porsche Charger (PMC+ or PMCC) - cheaper/better non-Porsche EVSE options
no - Glacier Blue “option” - would still order the lights - just not the glacier blue
no - Innodrive - would just order ACC & ALK
no - all season tires - would get summer tires
no - smoking package (used to include an extra 12V outlet - no longer)
[Update May 2021] - no - PCCB's - they are pointless on a vehicle that can't do more than a handful of track laps at full pace before needing to "rest" for battery thermals.

maybe skip - passenger display
maybe skip - advanced 4 zone climate controls
hey does the glacier blue logo light up ? Can you tell me about it ?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
hey does the glacier blue logo light up ? Can you tell me about it ?
glacier blue logo was NOT an option when I ordered my 2020 - I got the glacier blue head lights - I can not speak to if the glacier blue logo light up or not.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Now if I could run a Taycan from 100% battery down to say 7% or less at full pace for the entire SOC drain - that would equal more than 15 or 20 laps…we now might be getting close to some brake fade for steel brakes - but then we’d still have the hefty weight and greasy street tire problem - but yeah if I could run a battery ”dry” at full pace brake upgrades might start to be interesting. As it stands now battery thermal limit of 132F causing the vehicle to neuter power happens after about 5 full pace laps @ Laguna - which is about 100% SOC to 60% SOC - and then you need a 30 minute “rest” off track to recover the vehicle and the battery temperature.
So...if PCCB are totally useless in a Taycan, what about Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)? Do they have any/much utility, or are the standard brakes all you need? BTW, I'm talking about a 4S that will NEVER be driven on a track. TIA.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
PSCB are excellent brakes and reduce brake dust by quite a margin - the combination of 90% of braking handled by regen (according to porsche) means no brake dust -and PCSB’s also reduce brake dust - so I think in general PCSB’s and regen together almost equal PCCB level of brake dust reduction.

the reasons for PCCB‘s are:
  1. reduced brake dust
  2. appearance (they look good)
  3. weight reduction (meaningless on a 5100 lbs vehicle)
  4. greater thermal endurance vs. steel (meaningless on a vehicle than can’t run for more than a 20-25 min full pace sprint)
Steel or PCSB’s should be great brakes on a Taycan and the price difference vs. full PCCB’s is significant.

Last edited:

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
PSCB are excellent brakes and reduce brake dust by quite a margin - the combination of 90% of braking handled by regen (according to porsche) means no brake dust -and PCSB’s also reduce brake dust - so I think in general PCSB’s and regen together almost equal PCCB level of brake dust reduction.

the reasons for PCCB‘s are:
  1. reduced brake dust
  2. appearance (they look good)
  3. weight reduction (meaningless on a 5100 lbs vehicle)
  4. greater thermal endurance vs. steel (meaningless on a vehicle than can’t run for more than a 20-25 min full pace sprint)
Steel or PCSB’s should be great brakes on a Taycan and the price difference vs. full PCCB’s is significant.
Cleaning brake dust off my 911 with white Carrera Sport wheels for 4 1/2 years drove me insane. If it wasn't for regen on the Taycan I would have got PSCB's. I hope it isn't a mistake not getting them.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
So...if PCCB are totally useless in a Taycan, what about Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)? Do they have any/much utility, or are the standard brakes all you need? BTW, I'm talking about a 4S that will NEVER be driven on a track. TIA.
Saw a 4S with PCSB at the EA charger today - those things are MASSIVE. Don't know that there's much utility, but they do look quite impressive inside the 21" Mission E style wheels.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Saw a 4S with PCSB at the EA charger today - those things are MASSIVE. Don't know that there's much utility, but they do look quite impressive inside the 21" Mission E style wheels.
I’d just go with standard brakes for my 4S, but you have to get at least PCSB to get the Mission-E wheels... And I've gotta have those! So PCSB it is! ;)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
STD are just fine.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Honestly, there's nothing I ordered, including PCCB's, that I wouldn't order again, and nothing that I didn't order that I wish I had. Right colors inside and out, performance battery, performance package, no pano roof, leather, seats, Mission E wheels, ACC, etcetera.

Maybe it comes from ordering multiple Porsches previously, spending hours with the configurator, or just getting lucky but I got exactly what I wanted with no regrets.
Sponsored