Would you buy your Taycan again?

Would you buy it again?

• Total voters

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Would you buy your Taycan again, knowing what you know now? If no, what would need to change? Like many people here, I am waiting for the delivery of my vehicle. While waiting, I am wondering how satisfied or disappointed current owners are (and yes, this is likely not representative, given the forum bias). TIA
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I spent 200k$ on this car all said and done; very daunting reading this thread before delivery.

but took delivery 12/28;didn’t get to drive it until Jan 10 after PPF and now limited miles due bad weather - so currently around 900miles.

My only issue has been the interior alarm issue (and lack of my circuit upgrade at apartment).

so far - absolutely yes - would buy it again. And with the same spec I ordered -no regrets at all.

edit: I did have the profile logout and not log back in for a while which was frustrating and initially some Apple Music login issues. But, the driving experience more than makes up for this annoyances.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
yes, l would buy again. Love it so far. Picked up MY22 CT on January 14.

Three issues:

Interior Alarm (not a big deal)

Apple Music will not connect after registering. (very frustrating)

Playlists through Carplay only partially and minimally recognized. (equally as frustrating).

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Honestly, this poll needs a fourth option of "I would skip Porsche's first gen EV and wait for Taycan v-next".

If I could rewind time, I would have kept the 911 for an extra 4 years. The Taycan isn't ready yet.
The other options on the market don't appeal either. 2021 and 2022 are not great years to be a car enthusiast.

Last edited:

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
2021 4S here. 100% buy again.

Car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Honestly, now that I have felt how a Porsche sportscar drives I can not see myself driving anything else. Regret to have spent to big a part of my life driving BMW's, Range Rovers and Mercs. Should have taken the plunge earlier.

Taking into account normal financial/fiscal/family limitations I could not see myself buying anything else then a new Taycan should I have to buy a new car today.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's worth remembering that a lot of people only find car forums when they have an issue and then join and post.

So all car forums I have been on have a lot of issues posted.

Lots of happy, satisfied buyers never bother joining forums (especially females).

I know some members have had serious/multiple issues unfortunately.
Many experience the niggles.

But I think this poll should provide a good gauge of happiness from the less vocal as well.

I personally love mine. Only option I would have changed was adding the heated steering wheel.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Still waiting for OTA to keep improving the performance of my 2022x, as advertised by Porsche. So for now, I’d explore options while Porsche gets their shit sorted. If not, last Porsche for me, I don’t accept false advertisement.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Should add another option, would stay with Taycan but change spec/variant.

having had 4s for a year, there is an urge getting a turbo (or turbo s). Power corrupts ?

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Our Taycan is, by far, the best car we have owned. Zero problems, great performance, comfortable and looks fantastic. However, I voted "Undecided" as the car's width makes for occasional tight maneuvering that terrifies my wife. In case you're wondering, we have all of the tech that assists with maneuvering/parking, etc. We bought it as "the family car" and she has yet to drive it.

When the lease expires, I am hoping that the Macan EV is out (& fully tested/proved) and will have a smaller set of "hips"
Sponsored