How Happy Are You With Your Taycan?

• Total voters

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seen a lot of posts with people complaining about various issues regarding reliability, charging issues, Porsche/dealer support etc.

I’m just trying to get a feel for the percentage of people who feel like they made a good decision vs a bad decision in getting their car.

Given this is a fairly new car for Porsche, you would expect there to be some teething problems. I’m not sure at this point if I should be concerned with what I read on the forum or is it just an expected number of issues based on the number of people who hav me the car. I’m sure people are more likely to share a bad experience than if the car is performing as expected. Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, no need to do anything but answer the poll. However, if you can add a little context to your answer, that would be great too!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I marked “very happy” as opposed to “exceeds expectations” as I had very high expectations that would not have been easily exceeded. Had it been 1-5, I would have put a 5.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I marked “very happy” as opposed to “exceeds expectations” as I had very high expectations that would not have been easily exceeded. Had it been 1-5, I would have put a 5.
I should have put delighted instead of exceeds expectations.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd love to participate in the poll, but I don't feel like I've had enough seat time in the car to weigh in as it's just 3 weeks new for me and I haven't yet done any real road trips. But thus far, it's been great despite some tech grumbles about counterintuitive software. Loving the fit and finish and the handling!

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd love to participate in the poll, but I don't feel like I've had enough seat time in the car to weigh in as it's just 3 weeks new for me and I haven't yet done any real road trips. But thus far, it's been great despite some tech grumbles about counterintuitive software. Loving the fit and finish and the handling!
Thanks, appreciate the comment nonetheless. Not trying to diminish anyone who has a problem with the car as it sounds really frustrating.

I am trying to get an overall feel for how common these frustrations are or is it an expected number of people who had bad luck.

Things like charging station problems and poor customer service seem to be a fairly common theme

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
2021 Taycan Turbo S owner who voted "Very Happy."

I've been driving it nonstop for the last couple of months. It's such a fun car, I actually find myself coming up with reasons to drive it. It's truly the most enjoyable car I've ever driven.

One thing my sales person did right was to steer me away from the Connect app. You'll notice that the vast majority of reviews for the app are one star, and there's a reason for that. It's laughably non-functional, bordering on useless. Skipping that aspect of the Porsche experience prevented an "expectations mismatch" on my part.

It always stuck me as odd that Porsche is simultaneously the best in the business when it comes to mechanical engineering and the absolute worst in the business when it comes to software, apps, or anything that requires any kind of network connectivity, downloads/updates, etc. That includes everything from billing (Porsche Financial Services website), charging (Electrify America), or mobile apps. Not sure why that is.

The "why" doesn't really matter though. The important thing is to be aware of it going in. If you are, and you make an effort to steer away from Porsche's weak areas, the car itself will blow you away. You'll love it. But if you're going in expecting streamlined, functional software and tech like you'd get from Tesla, you may end up disappointed. It's just a mindset thing, I suppose.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
SWORDER, +1.

Agreed 100%. Having owned my 4S for a month roughly, I have the exact same experiences.

But I knew there would be 'teething problems', and so I'm not regretting the purchase. Like SWORDER, I am actually making up excuses to drive the car every day. :)

I also am astounded at how 'beta' all the Porsche software feels. It's quite bizarre for a company that is so meticulous in many other areas. Again, driving the car is so exhilarating that I can forgive these minor problems.

Another example: my 4S is eligible for upgrades, like PorscheInnodrive and Enhanced Steering -- as downloads. I have tried 5x to give Porsche my $ through the web portal and no luck. Every time I get a vague error, like 'Error: Try Again Later.'

Minor grievances, and thus I voted 'Very Happy'. ?

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I've been driving it nonstop for the last couple of months. It's such a fun car, I actually find myself coming up with reasons to drive it. It's truly the most enjoyable car I've ever driven.

One thing my sales person did right was to steer me away from the Connect app. You'll notice that the vast majority of reviews for the app are one star, and there's a reason for that. It's laughably non-functional, bordering on useless. Skipping that aspect of the Porsche experience prevented an "expectations mismatch" on my part.

It always stuck me as odd that Porsche is simultaneously the best in the business when it comes to mechanical engineering and the absolute worst in the business when it comes to software, apps, or anything that requires any kind of network connectivity, downloads/updates, etc. That includes everything from billing (Porsche Financial Services website), charging (Electrify America), or mobile apps. Not sure why that is.

The "why" doesn't really matter though. The important thing is to be aware of it going in. If you are, and you make an effort to steer away from Porsche's weak areas, the car itself will blow you away. You'll love it. But if you're going in expecting streamlined, functional software and tech like you'd get from Tesla, you may end up disappointed. It's just a mindset thing, I suppose.
SWORDER, +1.

Agreed 100%. Having owned my 4S for a month roughly, I have the exact same experiences.

But I knew there would be 'teething problems', and so I'm not regretting the purchase. Like SWORDER, I am actually making up excuses to drive the car every day. :)

I also am astounded at how 'beta' all the Porsche software feels. It's quite bizarre for a company that is so meticulous in many other areas. Again, driving the car is so exhilarating that I can forgive these minor problems.

Another example: my 4S is eligible for upgrades, like PorscheInnodrive and Enhanced Steering -- as downloads. I have tried 5x to give Porsche my $ through the web portal and no luck. Every time I get a vague error, like 'Error: Try Again Later.'

Minor grievances, and thus I voted 'Very Happy'. ?
This is tremendous feedback!

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

This! I read this forum and knew what to expect. That tempered my expectations with regards to the software. The driving experience has exceeded my expectations and I look for excuses to drive. I loved my Nissan GTR - I put 52,000km in just over 10 years with that car. In the three months I have had the Taycan Turbo S, I have about 5,000km. So yeah, even during a pandemic, I have found an excuse to drive because I love it so much.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Interesting because I agree that all my problems so far have been in one way or another related to the connect app. However with this EV I view it as an essential tool because my garage is not next to my house and I need to use the app to set charging timers, precool the car, and also use the connect app to plan road trips and send the route to my car.
Sponsored