Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My "my internet module" (probably your "ota module") has been changed in October, so far so good.
But after 4th of December I can't seem to connect the app to the car.
I've mailed the developer of the app and a ticket has been made.
The more tickets made, the more serious Porsche has to take this.
It doesn't update status anymore, no timers can be reset or send.
Car is still at the location of the 4th of December with status "charging", which it isn't.
After our lockdown I'll contact my dealer (in 5 weeks) if it isn't sorted.
This software is really getting annoying...
Same problem since December 10. Indeed very annoying
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
HI all ,
question re PCM, the central two screens, NOT OTA so apologies if not strictly consistet with recent posts

I have a PCM issue, and would appreciate advice, sorry for long post

PCM screens switch off and reboot on their own, noone touching them, sometimes but only after +1 hour of so of driving -

The details i have at the moment

Two weeks ago, drove from yorkshire to Cambridge, Enfield and back to Yorkshire, Taycan was great, quiet, smooth, addictive accelaration, as always

BUT the PCM reset as below

about 1 hour into the journey, driving Just before cambridge, phone connected but using PCM for nav to the Cambridge ionity charger, radio on. Radio muted, ( i did not realise this at the time, but later repeats showed a conistent pattern) not poss to restore volume, and the 40 second later PCM screens blanked out, after 30 seconds or so reset , but lost nav destination, had to reenter, continued fine,... for 76 minutes, then exactly the ssme repeated, 5 mins later the same again.

Then OK for 10 minutes, repeat again but screens did not restart on their own, had to double tap top right with two fingers, restarted. 5 minutes later repeated, but would not restart at all, stayed off - (tricky when using to navigate to a charger - phone and waze saved the day)

Ionity charger great 35% to 99% on 40 mins or so, when restarted car all working as normal, continued to Cambridge , meeting, then to Enfield, North London, (about 1 hour ) repeated again exactly as the first time, as i arrived at Enfield, restarted on its own

travelling home from Enfield to yorkshire later that night

all good, charged at Ionity Peterborough ( another good experience)

on Journey Peterborough to yorkshire, I did not have the phone connected - just trying to see if it made any difference, but again after just over an hour a repeat of the mornings PCM failures twice , but resrarted each time on its own

used car for travel to work and back next 5 days , 15 mins - 30 mins journeys , no problems,

Yesterday drove from Holmforth to Knutsford 1hours 5 mins in the morning , no issues, on return i stopped before crossing the moors as i was tlking on the phione and vodafone signal is always lost ( in all cars) on this route, so in layby in park for 30 mins or so, continued journey and agan radio Mute , 40 secs later PCM restart after about 1.10 of journey time (inc the stationary time in layby on phone)

its booked in at JCT Leeds Porsche next week to investigate, anyone else seen this , and have any pointers to offer, im just a little worried that JCT wont have time for a 1.2 hour test drive. but maybe just leaving car on keys in would allow to replicate - does taycan go to sleep if left on ??

any help appreciated

on reflection I think my Taycan has always done this since new, but limited number of +1.2 hour joureneys covered , but thinking back there have been "occasional" reboots that i now think relate to +1.2 hour journeys

Many Thanks

Peter

Taycan Turbo, may 2020 build, all updates installed as at 6 weeks - no other problems at all ( tempting fate there - fingers crossed )

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
I got no connection to connect too. Also my FoD will not install for one week.
quick question: do your Internet radio work? Mine does, so the car is online, but I can‘t connect...

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Dealer appointment?
I'm on 28th of December.
Looking forward to hear how Porsche solved the problem with your car. I can use that when my car goes in for fixing ( Jan 4th)

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
There a faults in some builds of the PCM. I have had a permanent spinning circle for a month and my PCM is finally being replaced today with a new one shipped from Germany. I know of at least one other car here in Vancouver that needed a new PCM. It’s a hardware problem that can’t be fixed with a software upgrade. Porsche factory knows about this problem. You should ask your dealer to replace your PCM.

Apparently the PCM is located in an awkward location under the dash and this is a 2 day service. Even worse is the fact that all the car settings, accounts, radio stations, saved locations etc. will be lost. I can’t believe that the Taycan software doesn’t allow the mechanic to export and restore the settings - that is software design principle 101!

Pepperkake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
HI all ,
question re PCM, the central two screens, NOT OTA so apologies if not strictly consistet with recent posts

I have a PCM issue, and would appreciate advice, sorry for long post

PCM screens switch off and reboot on their own, noone touching them, sometimes but only after +1 hour of so of driving -

The details i have at the moment

Two weeks ago, drove from yorkshire to Cambridge, Enfield and back to Yorkshire, Taycan was great, quiet, smooth, addictive accelaration, as always

BUT the PCM reset as below

about 1 hour into the journey, driving Just before cambridge, phone connected but using PCM for nav to the Cambridge ionity charger, radio on. Radio muted, ( i did not realise this at the time, but later repeats showed a conistent pattern) not poss to restore volume, and the 40 second later PCM screens blanked out, after 30 seconds or so reset , but lost nav destination, had to reenter, continued fine,... for 76 minutes, then exactly the ssme repeated, 5 mins later the same again.

Then OK for 10 minutes, repeat again but screens did not restart on their own, had to double tap top right with two fingers, restarted. 5 minutes later repeated, but would not restart at all, stayed off - (tricky when using to navigate to a charger - phone and waze saved the day)

Ionity charger great 35% to 99% on 40 mins or so, when restarted car all working as normal, continued to Cambridge , meeting, then to Enfield, North London, (about 1 hour ) repeated again exactly as the first time, as i arrived at Enfield, restarted on its own

travelling home from Enfield to yorkshire later that night

all good, charged at Ionity Peterborough ( another good experience)

on Journey Peterborough to yorkshire, I did not have the phone connected - just trying to see if it made any difference, but again after just over an hour a repeat of the mornings PCM failures twice , but resrarted each time on its own

used car for travel to work and back next 5 days , 15 mins - 30 mins journeys , no problems,

Yesterday drove from Holmforth to Knutsford 1hours 5 mins in the morning , no issues, on return i stopped before crossing the moors as i was tlking on the phione and vodafone signal is always lost ( in all cars) on this route, so in layby in park for 30 mins or so, continued journey and agan radio Mute , 40 secs later PCM restart after about 1.10 of journey time (inc the stationary time in layby on phone)

its booked in at JCT Leeds Porsche next week to investigate, anyone else seen this , and have any pointers to offer, im just a little worried that JCT wont have time for a 1.2 hour test drive. but maybe just leaving car on keys in would allow to replicate - does taycan go to sleep if left on ??

any help appreciated

on reflection I think my Taycan has always done this since new, but limited number of +1.2 hour joureneys covered , but thinking back there have been "occasional" reboots that i now think relate to +1.2 hour journeys

Many Thanks

Peter

Taycan Turbo, may 2020 build, all updates installed as at 6 weeks - no other problems at all ( tempting fate there - fingers crossed )
Hi Peter, I have experienced the same issue with the blank PCM-screens (reset) whilst driving. But for my total of 2.000 KM driving it has only happened 2-3 times. Still very annoying.

Mentioned it to my Porsche service center when I was there for other repairs, and they said it was a know issue they were working on fixing with an update. Not sure if this is correct, maybe someone else in here knows more about this error?

EV Kris

First Name
kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa P85D - Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is since 21/12 @porsche dealer for several reasons:
- vts 4 alarm don't works. Nearly every time i started the car, porsche security called me cause the car didn't captured the signal off the driver card
After some investigation they found a broken cable, after replacing still not functional.

- strange electronic noise in the car behind the screens, a noise like the hard disc of you're computer that keeps running on full speed.

- no communication between car and phone application since 3/11

Yesterday they told me they will replace the pcm or main computer but.....there are no more mudules available in Germany, probably 2 weeks waiting....

Pretty disappointed, delivery july'20 7000km and with the little bugs and recalls the car already stayed 4 weeks at the dealer.

Seems to be a general issue/disaster/porsche failliure

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
Same issues here. 2021 model , been back to dealers three times with PCM issues and phone not connecting to PCM.
Going in again next week. It has taken the enjoyment away from having a lovely car.
Starting to think I should have gone for another Panamara instead. I had a turbo for three years and no issues what so ever. Taycan Turbo nothing but issues :-(

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My OTA-module is replaced, got new software and tickets are send to Porsche to sort out their issues with the server.
So far, my car and app perform very well again, it's even better than before so I'm thinking they're really getting somewhere now.
Thanks for letting us know @Dee . Which software was updated?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My OTA-module is replaced, got new software and tickets are send to Porsche to sort out their issues with the server.
So far, my car and app perform very well again, it's even better than before so I'm thinking they're really getting somewhere now.
That's encouraging news, particularly since you also have a 2020 model.

KrisMc

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Ginetta G40r, VW T6
Country flag
Glad to hear it but let’s hope it’s not a My21 part; mines been in 3 times (2days and 10days) and 1 day so far for wierd pcm issues.

Apparently I have latest software and hardware as no updates or recalls are available. From what I’ve been told and also read by several people here.

It’s a complete joke.

Gone green but had a petrol Cayenne loan car now I’ve got a diesel merc! Not even a Porsche.
Sponsored