OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Got a rwd. It’s a heavy car. I don’t think the big boot makes that much difference.
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Got a rwd. It’s a heavy car. I don’t think the big boot makes that much difference.
Yeah to be honest it doesnt seem like the CT adds that much cargo capacity given the low and sloping roofline. If anything it just makes loading/unloading a little easier/more convenient. I think most choose 1 or the other due to an aesthetic preference either way.

OP
OP

cars_crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Thanks all for sharing your thoughts!
I was able to locate 2022 CPO Taycan RWD that had exactly the same spec that I wanted (and -30k MSRP). That made the decision process much easier for me :)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yeah to be honest it doesnt seem like the CT adds that much cargo capacity given the low and sloping roofline. If anything it just makes loading/unloading a little easier/more convenient. I think most choose 1 or the other due to an aesthetic preference either way.
Um, what? Are you saying I could have put my dog in the trunk and save all that time/wait/money? 😁

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD or 4CT? 1681842830210

To each their own, but as you can see above the CT's volume with seats down is far higher than that of the sedan.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Um, what? Are you saying I could have put my dog in the trunk and save all that time/wait/money? 😁

1681842830210.png

To each their own, but as you can see above the CT's volume with seats down is far higher than that of the sedan.
My late golden retriever fitted perfectly in my two seat Z3...

... In the passenger seat. Only one not happy about it was my wife who had to go in another car. Technicalities.

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
CT4 for sure is faster & more practical, tested both and now driving the CT4 daily. Since you went RWD route - that’s probably not “worse”, just different pros - lower consumption and longer range for example

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag

1681842830210.png

Yup-being able to put a dog in the back would certainly be a reason to choose the CT over the sedan....

I guess we can't really say what the luggage capacity of the sedan is w/ the seats down is in comparison since they dont quote a figure for it...

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yup-being able to put a dog in the back would certainly be a reason to choose the CT over the sedan....

I guess we can't really say what the luggage capacity of the sedan is w/ the seats down is in comparison since they dont quote a figure for it...
I was being a bit facetious; one either chooses the CT because they need the 2-volume body style, or not; space, IMO (or, rather, how much more space it has vs the sedan), is not a concern - that would be a differentiating factor between the Taycan and another car.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I was being a bit facetious; one either chooses the CT because they need the 2-volume body style, or not; space, IMO (or, rather, how much more space it has vs the sedan), is not a concern - that would be a differentiating factor between the Taycan and another car.
Yeah for sure! The Taycan is not known for its vast amounts of interior and cargo space...

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yeah for sure! The Taycan is not known for its vast amounts of interior and cargo space...
Well, not to belabor the point but it's actually pretty spacious. The cargo area is longer/deeper than the Macan's, for instance, and only a bit shorter (floor to ceiling). Check the forum for photographic testimonials of people absolutely stuffing their CTs. I can attest it'll do nicely hauling home bales of feed and whatnot from Tractor Supply.

Anyway, sounds like OP made their decision so 👍

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Another vote for the CT4 - It works great for trips to Costco and it has a rear wiper !!

My CT4 replaced a Tesla Model 3 Performance, so I wanted something a little different than a 4 door sedan.
CT every time and the Bidet (rear wash wipe) is useful.
Sponsored