ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Possibly the wrong thread to ask but would be a neat trick if works - can you call up the Homelink menu by voice command or far better still, enable your formatted open garage or gate command with your voice - seems like such an obvious option to have but I'm guessing not possible?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Possibly the wrong thread to ask but would be a neat trick if works - can you call up the Homelink menu by voice command or far better still, enable your formatted open garage or gate command with your voice - seems like such an obvious option to have but I'm guessing not possible?
It already does it automatically via geo coordinates one you programme it.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Correct (I also made this a shortcut for one of my diamond keys) but as said above, it auto pops up using GPS...

Another useful thing that I assume everyone knows but I just found out is if you CLICK in (not scroll up or down) the volume control on the steering wheel, it will mute the active radio content/volume...

Reactions: B61

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read on other threads that this GPS auto location feature was hugely hit and miss and/or took too long to recognize your location - hence the query re voice activation. So in your experience the auto-location feature has been seamless and consistent?

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
No pump, no sealant here. Have no explanation. Emailed dealer, still waiting for reply.

Checked the original manifest and it's not listed in the vehicle's list of features.

It was the same when I read the manual and it mentioned the AC charge feature + adapter. The dealer said "we don't do that anymore". Even though the manual says the 240-120v adapter is included. Hmm.

I guess I'll go back to playing with the key fob...

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes homelink auto-location works every time in both my 911 and Taycan...

I read on other threads that this GPS auto location feature was hugely hit and miss and/or took too long to recognize your location - hence the query re voice activation. So in your experience the auto-location feature has been seamless and consistent?

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I actually use that as a touchpad just about every time I'm scrolling through menus and such. I'd rather not get fingerprints on the main screen, and it's easier to scroll without accidentally selecting something.
As a counterpoint, I already have to touch the main screen due to Carplay, and fingerprints show up a lot more on the lower screen because of the angle at which it's oriented to the sun.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
No pump, no sealant here. Have no explanation. Emailed dealer, still waiting for reply.

Checked the original manifest and it's not listed in the vehicle's list of features.

It was the same when I read the manual and it mentioned the AC charge feature + adapter. The dealer said "we don't do that anymore". Even though the manual says the 240-120v adapter is included. Hmm.

I guess I'll go back to playing with the key fob...
When I ordered my 2021, the tire sealant was an $80 option in Canada. I got it and my car also has the pump.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes homelink auto-location works every time in both my 911 and Taycan...
To be specific and not being argumentative here, just trying to stay specific :) - the auto-location simply brings up the Homelink Screen i.e. it does not to my knowledge implement the command to open the gate/garage door - is this correct?

Points made here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/homelink-question.5665/#post-78192

I was asking if a voice command would actually not just "activate the Homelink screen" on the PCM but rather implement the commands therein. Sounds like that perhaps assigning the Homelink function to the spare diamond button on the steering wheel or dash will actually implement the command vs simply displaying the Homelink screen which you then have to interact with - again correct or incorrect?

Thx, C.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Sounds like that perhaps assigning the Homelink function to the spare diamond button on the steering wheel or dash will actually implement the command vs simply displaying the Homelink screen which you then have to interact with - again correct or incorrect?

Thx, C.
It's correct if you set up only one opener with the car's Homelink. That's how mine is, and it works well.

If you set up more than one, then it just pops up the selection screen.

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
The touchscreen / handwriting recognition screen was likely developed with its intended use was for the Asian market to input characters.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct in that in just "brings up" the homeland on my PCM. But we have three garage doors so it brings up all 3 options related to that GPS in Homelink and we still have to push the corresponding one for the door we want. Will try out the the voice command either before or when it prompts and see if that works tomorrow.

To be specific and not being argumentative here, just trying to stay specific :) - the auto-location simply brings up the Homelink Screen i.e. it does not to my knowledge implement the command to open the gate/garage door - is this correct?

Points made here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/homelink-question.5665/#post-78192

I was asking if a voice command would actually not just "activate the Homelink screen" on the PCM but rather implement the commands therein. Sounds like that perhaps assigning the Homelink function to the spare diamond button on the steering wheel or dash will actually implement the command vs simply displaying the Homelink screen which you then have to interact with - again correct or incorrect?

Thx, C.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have it but others on the forum have.

It's a bit like Smartlift in that if you approach too fast the GPS won't have caught up to activate in time. If you have multiple doors then that might present a challenge too.
Sponsored