REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Spoke with my Porsche service center today face to face.
I like my service center always good service on my 911.
However, neither service rep knew any specifics regarding the update for MY20 and referred me to the service manager. Good guy, always responsive.
He did not know about all the specifics other than the updates are called WMA5 and WMA7.
As usually we have more information on the forum regarding the Taycan then the dealers seem to so far.
They have not updated a MY20 yet.
He said it only came out March 26.
Not certain I want to be the beta test. They did not instill a lot of confidence. Said they had some issue with downloads of MY21 prior to deliveries.
He told me I will need to bring my charger in for the WMA7 when they update WMA5.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Just called and booked mine today mid May. No word of anything just that we will see you then and to bring in the charger as well to be updated also.. Mid May is a bit of a wait out but considering all the FUD going on.. I’m ok with it. Let the dust settle and the techs Lear to streamline the installation.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Vancouver just updated mine, not one Issue and all my presets remained. Wireless CarPlay is a Welcome update Among all the other things . No bricks here ?

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Dropped off vehicle on Tuesday and picked it up this morning. The SW update took 9 hours yesterday, and everything went perfectly fine. No bricks in the midwest. They even reloaded all of my personal settings, thankfully avoiding that process. They provided a MY21 VW Atlas SUV loaner...I am so happy to be back in the Taycan.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
The latest Taycan Update has been withdrawn because cars are bricked after the update. Told me a friend.
Not true! It took 2 days for new software to be installed in my 2020 Taycan and there were zero issues with the update. In fact apple carplay now works and there are some great new features

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I will schedule mine as soon as offered here in MN - not much to lose, since the connect is again on the fritz after the OTA exchange. I hope that the new software will help. The YouTube video posted on the other thread is very informative - also mentions the WMA7 is for the charger, hence you need to bring it in.

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
this assertion is inconsistent with information I have from my local service dealer and Porsche NA.

Updates are proceeding at my Porsche service center with no reports of any major problems post update.

any facts beyond hearsay “told me a friend” would be appreciated.
I just got my MY21 back from dealer after update. No issue so far.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car and a 4S were both updated this week. My car is perfect, so far. Wireless carplay is really nice. Other than that, I see no difference in anything and it's all working well.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
My 2020 updated for a week ago, works perfect.
Feels like I got a 2021 Taycan.. The only thing I miss is plug and charge.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’ve put a call into Porsche about plug n charge. I’ll update here once they respond. My letter suggested this was going to be available.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I just watched this video about the new EQS, they seem to have Plug & Charge failure at every charging station! Long way to go...

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
I am right next to the German home of Porsche (not that, that helps) anyway dealer said their was no solution for the update. Did not ask why. My car works fine without it. Guessed it was hardware at the time but these post make me think ? maybe software. Good luck guys and remember it’s just a machine
Sponsored