Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Glad to hear it.

I’m sure it’e going to be a good week next week!

now off to get an insurance quote. ??
As a matter of interest, who came up with a good quote ? I ended up with Admiral (a few others were cheaper, but wouldn't insure as my 4S is a business lease). Still trying to decide if also need GAP insurance.
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given the fact that the communication from Porsche has been bad, and that’s not the fault of the dealers necessarily, I am pleased to say that for me the wait is over. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday and yeah it was a surprise for them and the only missing item is the spare key which requires components so no drama there.
Originally planned for a July delivery and it’s here in September, so given the state of things hopefully a 2 month delay is a yardstick to go gambit for everyone waiting.
Got the dealer video if anyone’s interested otherwise, thanks for all the input and sharing of info you guys have given along the journey. ??
Yeah, post the video if you don't mind

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reached the first milestone which is freeze date today. Delivery is slated for Dec 10th. The only change since placing my order in June & getting an allocation in July has been when I made a change to my spec one week before freeze date. It pushed my freeze date and delivery date out by exactly one week (freeze from Sep 10 to 17 & delivery from Dec 3 to 10).

Curious as to the likelihood of receiving my car by this date, I really would like to have it before the end of year so I can claim my tax rebate this year (with an outside chance of the $7500 rebate going away next year)

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
For those much further in the process or already delivered, between the 4 phase MyPorsche status and TYD, which has been more accurate overall?
TYD. My car showed up in stage 3 until it was at the dealer, and stage 4 until about two weeks after I took delivery.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Thanks @schad I am wondering about mine. TYD has had my car in stage 3 since 8/16 and today the car is not in MyPorsche app or .com (Was there last night). I saved the URL to TYD as there is no way to access it now from the app and no changes.

Hoping that the removal means it is on the way to the dealer and I will not see stage 4 until after delivery like you.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I think they are making some changes on the Porsche side, because I happened to be in there a day or two ago and the UI looked completely different. (Either that or I'd never been to that particular page before, which is very possible; there always seems to be two or three completely different ways to accomplish any given task.)

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
I have an early December date for delivery.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I think they are making some changes on the Porsche side, because I happened to be in there a day or two ago and the UI looked completely different. (Either that or I'd never been to that particular page before, which is very possible; there always seems to be two or three completely different ways to accomplish any given task.)
It has looked the same for me since day 1 on TYD. Yes, different ways around in the app and the website, but mine never appeared different until this morning with the car missing. On the other hand, my salesman said they were doing maintenance on the system.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
As a matter of interest, who came up with a good quote ? I ended up with Admiral (a few others were cheaper, but wouldn't insure as my 4S is a business lease). Still trying to decide if also need GAP insurance.
I have a multi-car with Admiral. I went for the turbo and it added £190 to my £1200 premium. So £1390 annual for 3 cars. I was pretty happy with that.

It probably works out about £90 a year more than my V10 R8 I had 18 months ago.

Admiral have been good to me over the past 8 years. ??

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a multi-car with Admiral. I went for the turbo and it added £190 to my £1200 premium. So £1390 annual for 3 cars. I was pretty happy with that.

It probably works out about £90 a year more than my V10 R8 I had 18 months ago.

Admiral have been good to me over the past 8 years. ??
PS I didn’t go for GAP. Never have. I know it’s piece of mind but it’s literally one insurance after another.
Are you taking the tracker option?

many insurance quote was without having one. The premium for having one is too small a fraction to warrant the cost of taking the tracker.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations on your new arrival
Your experience mirrors mine exactly
2 month delay but only missing the second key with power seats, electric steering column, passenger screen and all the other chip related bits and bobs on the car as expected
Enjoy the weekend exploring the capabilities of your new car
Thank you and congratulations to you too.
I won’t actually pick mine up until Tuesday by the time e it goes through PDI, but it’s here and like yours unscathed of ‘chips’ so that’s a huge bonus.
Going to see it in the flesh in the morning though as been too busy working to pay for it ??

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, post the video if you don't mind
Sure. Here you go. I appreciate that others are still waiting and I respect that but this is hope that things are starting to move so all those that are waiting, hang in there.
Now the video is Porsche salesman, so apologies for the somewhat cheesy commentary. Not a great video, but is all the proof I needed ! ?

Last edited:

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you forget to post the video
Sure. Here you go. I appreciate that others are still waiting and I respect that but this is hope that things are starting to move so all those that are waiting, hang in there.
Now the video is Porsche salesman, so apologies for the somewhat cheesy commentary. Not a great video, but is all the proof I needed ! ?
nice - congratulations, lovely looking car!

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Added my CT 4S owned by my company but with me as keeper to our domestic Admiral multi car policy without difficulty for less than £500 per year
Took out ALA gap insurance over 4 years too which was also reasonable using promo code MSE25 for 25% off
Sponsored