feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think the hint was in the "T junk" term used throughout the post you were replying to. Perhaps the T is for Troll planet? ;)
There is a big T on the front (made in China) and the rest around it is all junk. Any better ideas how to call it other then T junk?

In the US some chargers are really busy, others, outside of major cities can be less busy except during holiday travels. That said, I've met Teslas charging at Electrify America in the same parking lots as Tesla superchargers...
Stats for Germany:

Porsche Taycan Tesla fires entire Supercharger team. Elon Musk says Supercharger growth will continue however Untitled

In Europe T junk is already irrelevant. With the plug standard changing nonsense, the US is only falling further behind.

The market leader EnBW just opened a "next level" charging station:

Porsche Taycan Tesla fires entire Supercharger team. Elon Musk says Supercharger growth will continue however Untitled2

With "priority" charging spots and a kids play area.

Porsche Taycan Tesla fires entire Supercharger team. Elon Musk says Supercharger growth will continue however Untitled3

T junk cannot compete!

Last edited:
OP
OP
snstevens

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@feye - I don't think you're understanding some of the responses you're getting, so let me be more direct.

The problem I'm having with your posts is not that you like to point out where Tesla is not performing well, or how they could improve. The problem is that you are so angry and pissed off that you are ranting and using the derogatory term "T Junk" in practically every sentence.

Then you post something interesting, like the statistics on station usage and the EnBW station plans. This reminds me of your earlier posts 4 years ago which I enjoyed reading when I first joined the forum.

It is getting tiring hearing over and over how much you hate Tesla. In the US at least, Tesla has moved the needle in EV adoption in a very significant way. Of course they've had many issues with fit and finish, and they are being led by a guy who is either a mad genius or an idiot, depending on the day. I personally think the Porsche is a much better car (I've test-driven Teslas), but I have many friends who own Teslas and love them. Not for me, but to each to his own.

So can I ask that you stop calling Tesla "T Junk", and also please lower the temperature of your posts? I'd appreciate that, and I think it would better fit the values we share in this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I like Sandy, but I think he lost me here. Elon will build out all new charger locations by himself (since he fired all the people coordinating new deployments, signing and paying contractors, etc)? Also, charging product is as good as anyone is EVER going to need? 400V enough then? Firmware is perfect and needs no modifications for newer cars? Should the product be hacked, oh well, who cares right, no engineering team to figure out the vulnerability and fix it - just tack on the cost of hacking to the customer bill? Oh wait, I know, Elon will fix it himself. :CWL:

PS> Who is this FED picking people's pockets?

OP
OP
snstevens

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sandy Munro's take on Tesla supercharger layoffs:
Interesting video. A different perspective from mine. Much of his argument in favor of the firings doesn't make sense as @whitex already commented on. Technology doesn't stand still, so where will the SuC network be in one year, two years, three years?

Also, I don't agree with his statement that "Elon Musk is the greatest person on the planet". Hard for me to reconcile that statement with his management style, drug use, and anti-semitic tweets.

If I were an investor in Tesla I'd be worried.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had little awareness of or interest in Tesla or Musk until I happened to watch a couple of Munro's youtube videos. In them he was dissecting the parts and fabrication of Tesla vehicles. Spoke about how Tesla designed and fabricated body parts in cars, reducing welds and joints, simplifying auto manufacturing. Also said that he saw continuous improvements/changes in Tesla vehicle parts that came in Teslas 6 months after he commented about them where it would take other car manufacturers 3 model years to redesign and make similar fabrication improvements in their vehicle production.

So I'd disagree with discounting 'anything' by Munro.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Yes, a video that has actual video content is worthwhile.
But for an assessment of corporate decision making, put it in writing!

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Speaking of DCFC networks ...

The EA at the critical junction of I-89 and I-91 for skier and tourism traffic heading up to VT from Boston, CT, and some parts of NYC is usually crowded and slow, reaching its nadir on Labor Day 2023 with all four chargers broken. (In the same parking lot are 8x150kW + 8x250kW Tesla chargers.)
Right now the EA is going through a relatively good spell, but I noticed on the PlugShare map that … whoah, two weeks ago, a 6x200kW opened up nearby!

Rivian Adventure Network, and although no adventures (at least of the desirable type) are available in that big box strip mall area, that location is definitely the interstate gateway to outdoor adventuring.

Except that all six chargers are currently open only to Rivian. Perhaps that is just temporary while getting out any glitches. But would be absolutely baffling if such a restriction persists, as no way will Rivian ever have enough drivers to fill up all six chargers.

Perhaps the best approach would be to have two open to everyone and four reserved for Rivian drivers. That would make Rivian drivers so loyal to the brand, while perhaps getting other frustrated EV drivers to contemplate a switch!

The official word for the entire RAN is hopeful, although “plans to begin opening” is subject to interpretation:
https://rivian.com/newsroom/article/rivian-showcases-next-generation-charger-designed-for-all-evs

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Speaking of DCFC networks ...

The EA at the critical junction of I-89 and I-91 for skier and tourism traffic heading up to VT from Boston, CT, and some parts of NYC is usually crowded and slow, reaching its nadir on Labor Day 2023 with all four chargers broken. (In the same parking lot are 8x150kW + 8x250kW Tesla chargers.)
Right now the EA is going through a relatively good spell, but I noticed on the PlugShare map that … whoah, two weeks ago, a 6x200kW opened up nearby!

Rivian Adventure Network, and although no adventures (at least of the desirable type) are available in that big box strip mall area, that location is definitely the interstate gateway to outdoor adventuring.

Except that all six chargers are currently open only to Rivian. Perhaps that is just temporary while getting out any glitches. But would be absolutely baffling if such a restriction persists, as no way will Rivian ever have enough drivers to fill up all six chargers.

Perhaps the best approach would be to have two open to everyone and four reserved for Rivian drivers. That would make Rivian drivers so loyal to the brand, while perhaps getting other frustrated EV drivers to contemplate a switch!

The official word for the entire RAN is hopeful, although “plans to begin opening” is subject to interpretation:
https://rivian.com/newsroom/article/rivian-showcases-next-generation-charger-designed-for-all-evs

Or, maybe you need to ditch the Audi for a Rivian R1S. Then you could use Rivian chargers and Tesla V3 and V4 chargers.

Problem solved.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think the garage bay doors at my ski house are wide enough for that monster of an SUV!
Sponsored