SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I've just done my first long trip in my GTS, about 4 hours, and the seats are really uncomfortable. I had the same issue with a Golf which had premium sports seats.

I've tried lots of positions and managed to get my lower back okayish but the side bolsters are too narrow for my fat arse and are agravating my sciatica.

I have recently joined Weight Watchers (no lie!) which is going very well and on track bring me down to 100kg but I can't see it making a massive difference to my overall frame, I'm just big!

Anyone suffering the same and found a solution? I have a memory foam cushion I used in the Golf that I'm going to try in the GTS, if it works I might see if I can find someone to make me a Alcantara cover for it.

My wife, who doesn't have a fat bum, also says it's the most uncomfortable car seat she's ever sat in.

Please help otherwise I'm going to have to sell it and buy a Volvo 😭
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Not really helpful, but I found the same and the 14 way comfort seats much more…. comfortable, one of the reasons I stayed with the 4S rather than the GTS, didn’t seem to be any point in having a GTS without the GTS interior.
I have a very broad back and even the Range Rover adjustable side bolsters at max dig into my ribs. I am 6’ tall and 88kg.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Sorry you cannot find a good fit with the 18-way seats. You have tried all possible adjustments? I’m tall and medium weight (6 ft 4, 94 kilos) and the 18-ways fit me wonderfully. No problem at all doing long trips.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Drive your car over and you can swap with my 14-way in beige!😂

It may be costly but you can visit a car upholstery shop to have the padding Re-done to your liking.

OP
OP
SteveGTS

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry you cannot find a good fit with the 18-way seats. You have tried all possible adjustments? I’m tall and medium weight (6 ft 4, 94 kilos) and the 18-ways fit me wonderfully. No problem at all doing long trips.
Also 6'4, maybe I'll aim for 94kg instead of 100 😀

• Love
Reactions: or1
OP
OP
SteveGTS

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drive your car over and you can swap with my 14-way in beige!😂

It may be costly but you can visit a car upholstery shop to have the padding Re-done to your liking.
I think I might have to consider that, repadding that is. I have a couple of trips next week so will try a cushion to raise my thighs a bit higher on the base

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I optioned the 14-way seats on my original Taycan 4S – cause I always assumed the 18-way would be uncomfortable – especially on long road-trips which I mostly use my car for.

I ended up getting a loaner 4S with 18-way seats for a week in France and I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. When I ordered a Turbo S – I kept the default option of the 18-ways – and love them. If I hadn't taken that loaner I'd have optioned in the 14-way again.

It seems, seats are very individual.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I've just done my first long trip in my GTS, about 4 hours, and the seats are really uncomfortable. I had the same issue with a Golf which had premium sports seats.

I've tried lots of positions and managed to get my lower back okayish but the side bolsters are too narrow for my fat arse and are agravating my sciatica.

I have recently joined Weight Watchers (no lie!) which is going very well and on track bring me down to 100kg but I can't see it making a massive difference to my overall frame, I'm just big!

Anyone suffering the same and found a solution? I have a memory foam cushion I used in the Golf that I'm going to try in the GTS, if it works I might see if I can find someone to make me a Alcantara cover for it.

My wife, who doesn't have a fat bum, also says it's the most uncomfortable car seat she's ever sat in.

Please don't blame it on big bones. I used to think that i got big bones, but actually you can be skinny. Good luck.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag

The Drive of the nPorsche can not be matched. I ended up getting the 14 WAY with massage seats. are VERY comfortable.
I know this does not help.
Perhaps you may be able to just change just driver's seat

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too find the seats a bit hard for long road trips. While I like the front extended because I'm tall, the seat itself seems a bit hard (probably just getting old).

I have used these seat pads for some time now and find that are very helpful. I take them out for a concours, but use them most of the time. They do move around a bit as I get in, but a pull or push and all is well. Also, they are inexpensive so I'd give them a try.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s not a matter of one seat being more comfortable than the other. It’s which shape fits your body better. The 14 and 18 way seats have very different shapes.

OP, if you hate the seats, sell the car. Been there and it’s not worth trying to live with it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hopefully you and your wife have not yet had time to try all the possible positions (of the seats!) on longer journeys, and you'll discover a better setup.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
The secret is to adjust the lumbar support perfectly to shape your back. Otherwise it’s very uncomfortable.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Been there and it’s not worth trying to live with it.
Me too. My BMW M3 seats looked fantastic but guaranteed back ache on any journey over 50 miles and I ended up using the VW Polo N we bought for the kids to learn in for all long journeys!
Sponsored