Timed charging not working

Jbj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi there,

I've been through a few threads, have set this up how I think it has been described in various threads and no bueno. My set up is:

- a timer set to leave at 7am with 85% charge. This is enabled.
- a profile set for home, minimum charge is 25%, charge times are 12am to 3pm. This is enabled.
- there is a second 'general charging' profile that I can't get rid of. This is disabled.
- 2020 Taycan 4S
- Plugged the car in at 9pm with 55% charge
- Level 2 charger

I expected to get in the car with 85% charge this morning and it had done nothing. Charging works if profile is disabled and timer is enabled. Charging does not work if timer is disabled and profile is enabled. I was under the impression I needed to set both up if I want to charge to 85% *and* control the time of day that charge happens.

Man this is complicated. Why can't we just have a 'I want to leave by' or 'I want to start charging at' setting?

Anyway, wondering if anyone can advise as to how to set this up - it's a pain.

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I wonder if the location is drifting, causing the geofence to fail?

I would re-enable the general charging profile and use that as a guide for "my geofence is failing."

I ended up making 3 different profiles (Home/Driveway/Garage) to cover all the areas my car's location was unexpectedly drifting to.

OP
OP

Jbj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

I would re-enable the general charging profile and use that as a guide for "my geofence is failing."

I ended up making 3 different profiles (Home/Driveway/Garage) to cover all the areas my car's location was unexpectedly drifting to.
Could be, I will try that, thanks!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you use the iOS app you can edit the profiles and drag the point to where the car has drifted to.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

How about turning off all profiles to avoid possibility of it not charging. Just use timer.

OP
OP

Jbj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How about turning off all profiles to avoid possibility of it not charging. Just use timer.
Yeah that works but there's a chance of it starting charging too early when I am in peak pricing. I am on a time of use meter and don't want to charge until midnight.

Thanks

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If there is any risk of a bad GPS location for your profile this could happen.

I have a time of use rate plan so I have preferred charging hours, but I found the simplest thing to do is delete all profiles other than the general profile (which you cannot delete). Deactivate the general profile. Set a timer for the end of your low rate hours with your target charge and be done with it. If you need a second timer for precondition, then make one that doesn't have a charge target. Recall a timer can have a charge target, precondition, or both.
Sponsored