Totally in the dark regarding the status of my build. Any others?

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
@RAHRCR - exactly the same situation here (I am in the US). I have an allocation with a commission number. TYD worked up until March. Freeze date was supposed to be 4/29 with delivery in July. Then dates disappeared. Dealer has no updates. They sent me screenshots of their system (porsche sales & vehicle management system) - it has all my information (and clearly lists the order as a MY 2022), however the "change freeze P" part is blank...
Sponsored

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately that might be due to your order not yet having been assigned a build slot, in which case it would be unknown to the production tracking system so your dealer would be in the dark waiting to be notified of their future- probably MY23- production allocations.
Some small consolation in that at least it's known to TYD, even without dates- so Porsche have acknowledged they intend to fulfill your order.
OP is in the same situation as I am. We both have/had allocations with commission numbers for MY22, however now things seem to be delayed...

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
@RAHRCR - exactly the same situation here (I am in the US). I have an allocation with a commission number. TYD worked up until March. Freeze date was supposed to be 4/29 with delivery in July. Then dates disappeared. Dealer has no updates. They sent me screenshots of their system (porsche sales & vehicle management system) - it has all my information (and clearly lists the order as a MY 2022), however the "change freeze P" part is blank...
Thanks for the feedback. It would seem that only a small few of us are completely in the dark. Most either have info from TYD, their dealer’s systems, or both.

Its one thing to be told that your car will be much later than planned, its another thing entirely to be given no information at all.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. It would seem that only a small few of us are completely in the dark. Most either have info from TYD, their dealer’s systems, or both.

Its one thing to be told that your car will be much later than planned, its another thing entirely to be given no information at all.
Agreed. I’ve played with the idea of abandoning my allocation, however anything else that I can find is a sedan (which is not my preference).

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
I think that a VIN is assigned at the end of the actual build. It incorporates the Chassis Number, which I think is assigned when a build slot is allocated a fixed configuration (EDIT for clarity- so when the factory is planning to (eventually) build a specific vehicle order).
I recently called spoke to my dealer and to their surprise I was assigned a VIN# already. They couldn't provide much information on scheduled dates or the track my dream status so I emailed Porsche directly. Below was their response

"We at Porsche Cars North America regret to inform you that, due to a global system upgrade at our production headquarters, our Behind-The-Scenes program has been suspended until further notice.
Our head office is working diligently to resolve this concern, however, there is no ETA for completion. Therefore, you may no longer receive production information or photos of your new 2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on your My Porsche portal. Our digital management team will update your My Porsche portal in the coming days.
Our records indicate that the production date for your 2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is 05/24/2022 and scheduled dealer delivery date is 07/22/2022. Please note, this latter date may be subject to change without notice. Therefore, we ask that you stay in touch with your sales dealer at Porsche Centre Richmond because they will have the most current updates regarding your vehicle."

My track your dream used to have an image of my build but this stopped working about 4-5 weeks ago. Now it just states that I haven't added a vehicle.

Does anyone know if the production date is the date they start building the car or the date is completes production?

Last edited:

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I recently called spoke to my dealer and to their surprise I was assigned a VIN# already. They couldn't provide much information on scheduled dates or the track my dream status so I emailed Porsche directly. Below was their response

"We at Porsche Cars North America regret to inform you that, due to a global system upgrade at our production headquarters, our Behind-The-Scenes program has been suspended until further notice.
Our head office is working diligently to resolve this concern, however, there is no ETA for completion. Therefore, you may no longer receive production information or photos of your new 2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo on your My Porsche portal. Our digital management team will update your My Porsche portal in the coming days.
Our records indicate that the production date for your 2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo is 05/24/2022 and scheduled dealer delivery date is 07/22/2022. Please note, this latter date may be subject to change without notice. Therefore, we ask that you stay in touch with your sales dealer at Porsche Centre Richmond because they will have the most current updates regarding your vehicle."

My track your dream used to have an image of my build but this stopped working about 4-5 weeks ago. Now it just states that I haven't added a vehicle.

Does anyone know if the production date is the date they start building the car or the date is completes production?
Thanks for sharing. My understanding is that the ‘production date‘ is a completion date for the car.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
If dealer has no information they don’t have an allocation to sell you. As soon as they have an allocation the car gets an order number. They should at the least the month of the allocation. Once that happens the car will have a schedule for the build. This of course can get bumped around for special paint or options they don’t have stock on but at the very least they should have information. TYD is not great, goes up and down a lot and dates are not accurate. However the dealers computer system is so if they say they know nothing they are messing with you.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If dealer has no information they don’t have an allocation to sell you. As soon as they have an allocation the car gets an order number. They should at the least the month of the allocation. Once that happens the car will have a schedule for the build. This of course can get bumped around for special paint or options they don’t have stock on but at the very least they should have information. TYD is not great, goes up and down a lot and dates are not accurate. However the dealers computer system is so if they say they know nothing they are messing with you.
I have an order number and I can see it in TYD….along with the details of my build spec. What I don’t have is any dates in TYD….and the dealer has no dates either.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
What is the status number (V #) of your order.? Your dealer should be able to give you a status number. It’s quite possible the dealer placed an order for you without an allocation in the hopes to get one (this is fairly common practice) but if Porsche is having a hard time building cars, they may not fill it. Askfor a screen shot from your builders computer. It should show the order number and a Status number.

Here is what mine looked like on their system back when I got Porsche to confirm my PTS color but they were working on moving my allocation into a PTS month (December 2021) as the allocation they had was November 2021.

Porsche Taycan Totally in the dark regarding the status of my build.  Any others? FC721FBC-B940-47EB-8317-81998FC8E5E7

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the status number (V #) of your order.? Your dealer should be able to give you a status number. It’s quite possible the dealer placed an order for you without an allocation in the hopes to get one (this is fairly common practice) but if Porsche is having a hard time building cars, they may not fill it. Askfor a screen shot from your builders computer. It should show the order number and a Status number.

Here is what mine looked like on their system back when I got Porsche to confirm my PTS color but they were working on moving my allocation into a PTS month (December 2021) as the allocation they had was November 2021.

FC721FBC-B940-47EB-8317-81998FC8E5E7.jpeg
Thanks for looking into this. When I first made my order and initial changes, the printout looks the one you are showing above and the vehicle status was V200 - Delivery date determined and the Comm. No. Was F68152. On the last couple of changes I made, I get a different looking build sheet which includes all the details of what I ordered and pricing but it does not include any of the detail in the right corner of the sheet you show here. I hadn’t picked up on that change previously. I will request this from my SA. Crossing my fingers. Thanks!

Graken

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S; Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
No TYD in South Africa.
I have a Serial Number, an Order Number with MY22 and aparantely a build month of May 2022. The SA system shows a delivery date of September 2022 and no other information. I have no idea what this actually means so will wait patiently for some more information. Just happy that there is something to show the order has been received (or at least that's what it seems to indicate).

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Any updates here? Did you get your cars? 😁
Sponsored