W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just a thought: why not charge to 100% when you are at home?
Or at work, if you are not leaving the office During the day?
100% charging isn't normally advisable unless you plan to use some of that on the same day. Recommendation is 80% - 85% which I know is a bind but that's what Porsche recommend.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have encountered a similar issue in that I want to use the cheaper rate power available overnight and have set the "preferred charging times" to 00.00-05.00 for a home based profile. If I set the minimum charge level to (say) 25% and a target leve of (say) 85% the car will immediately charge when plugged in and then stop at 25% irrespective of the target charge level. Interestingly this function was working perfectly prior to the WMA5/6 software update.

The car is now at the dealer in an attempt to rectify this issue and another, unrelated, problem. I have been informed that Porsche Germany are now aware of this bug as it has been reported by multiple other owners and are working on a software fix. Expect another software update shortly....
Try this: Disable all profiles and create+activate two timers: One for the end of your low tariff electricity at home (05.00), and the other for the earliest time you leave work. This should prevent the car from charging immediately when you plug it in if the SOC is < 25%. If you only charge at home, just set one timer. That said, if the car determines it has to start before 00.00 to reach the target charge by 05.00 it will start before - but it will still end up minimizing your charging cost for that session.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Try this: Disable all profiles and create+activate two timers: One for the end of your low tariff electricity at home (05.00), and the other for the earliest time you leave work. This should prevent the car from charging immediately when you plug it in if the SOC is < 25%. If you only charge at home, just set one timer. That said, if the car determines it has to start before 00.00 to reach the target charge by 05.00 it will start before - but it will still end up minimizing your charging cost for that session.
That's what I do. I have disabled all profiles and set timers for Mon-Fri use: 80% at my departure time. Second timer: Sat-Sun 80% 9am. Works great and every morning the SOC is at 80%.

Checking my home electric account I see small spikes after midnight continuing to ~5am.

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
I have encountered a similar issue in that I want to use the cheaper rate power available overnight and have set the "preferred charging times" to 00.00-05.00 for a home based profile. If I set the minimum charge level to (say) 25% and a target leve of (say) 85% the car will immediately charge when plugged in and then stop at 25% irrespective of the target charge level. Interestingly this function was working perfectly prior to the WMA5/6 software update.

The car is now at the dealer in an attempt to rectify this issue and another, unrelated, problem. I have been informed that Porsche Germany are now aware of this bug as it has been reported by multiple other owners and are working on a software fix. Expect another software update shortly....
Hi Simon
Did you get the profile charging issue resolved?
I have what I think is the same problem but not getting any sense from Porsche or my local OPC.
Will

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you share (pictures) all profiles and timers in play and marked as active?
Sponsored