mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Just finalising my spec for a Feb 2021 build, deciding whether to add HUD and remove the 150kW on-board charger, when I came upon the £767.00 charge for the PMCC. This was listed as a free option on my order, but it is now a chargeable item (again).

Makes you wonder if amending the spec after the order is first placed automatically signs you up to any increased prices. If I do add the HUD it increases the listed price by £767.00 (PMCC) + £1128.00 (HUD) + £80.00 (windscreen with the grey Top-Tint). It makes adding stuff a bit more expensive than you might expect.

I suppose that Porsche GB will not honour the initial quoted price for any car, or will they? I am going to have a conversation with the dealer tomorrow. Not sure the HUD is worth £1975.00 rather than £1208.00. I also have had no 'Brexit' paperwork to sign.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Just finalising my spec for a Feb 2021 build, deciding whether to add HUD and remove the 150kW on-board charger, when I came upon the £767.00 charge for the PMCC. This was listed as a free option on my order, but it is now a chargeable item (again).

Makes you wonder if amending the spec after the order is first placed automatically signs you up to any increased prices. If I do add the HUD it increases the listed price by £767.00 (PMCC) + £1128.00 (HUD) + £80.00 (windscreen with the grey Top-Tint). It makes adding stuff a bit more expensive than you might expect.

I suppose that Porsche GB will not honour the initial quoted price for any car, or will they? I am going to have a conversation with the dealer tomorrow. Not sure the HUD is worth £1975.00 rather than £1208.00. I also have had no 'Brexit' paperwork to sign.
Unless the PMCC is an obligatory (non-optional) "option", you may want to consider leaving it off and buying another stationary charger for your garage plus a lighter mobile one for your trunk.

Bonglim

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I noticed the same thing. Have a quote from during the lockdown and going to have a test drive tomorrow - when I went back to look at a few options I got the same message.

Will see what the chap says tomorrow.
Seems annoying to be a forced option - as for something I don't really want at all and will probably never use.

OP
OP

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Re-reading the standard spec sheet it looks like the supply problems with the standard, included, charger have been resolved. So the enforced FOC provision of the PMMC has ended. I wonder which deliveries from which date this will affect? Looks like we might have a smaller portable charger rather than the brick previously supplied.
Sponsored