First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
Hi,
looking for some advice based on anyone that has experienced similar.

I ordered my Taycan (through a leasing company) in June 21 and being told at the time it would be a MY21 model. I found out that because of the delays it would be a MY22 model and therefore the price went up. When I stamped the order in June 22 when the built slot was confirmed I understood that the vehicle price was locked. I now find out 3 weeks before expected delivery that because the model is MY23 I will now incur another price increase. What has really annoyed me is that if I would have found out there would be another price increase as no-one told me. I could have factored that into the final spec, which is obviously now to late.

Anyone else had any issues like this?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

I ordered my Taycan (through a leasing company) in June 21 and being told at the time it would be a MY21 model. I found out that because of the delays it would be a MY22 model and therefore the price went up. When I stamped the order in June 22 when the built slot was confirmed I understood that the vehicle price was locked. I now find out 3 weeks before expected delivery that because the model is MY23 I will now incur another price increase. What has really annoyed me is that if I would have found out there would be another price increase as no-one told me. I could have factored that into the final spec, which is obviously now to late.

Thanks in advance!
Sadly in the small print of the order form you may have signed.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My allocation date was also in June 22 ie before the MY23 increase. My SA confirmed at the time there would be no price increase.

I’m not sure if leasing is different but, it does seem strange that you are being asked to suck up increases after allocation?

Out of interest, is it the leasing company or the supplying dealer stating the increase applies?

OP
OP

Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
My allocation date was also in June 22 ie before the MY23 increase. My SA confirmed at the time there would be no price increase.

I’m not sure if leasing is different but, it does seem strange that you are being asked to suck up increases after allocation?

Out of interest, is it the leasing company or the supplying dealer stating the increase applies?
Unfortunately both and as I understand this is not isolated to just leasing, so double check with your SA as I was told similar until last week.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately both and as I understand this is not isolated to just leasing, so double check with your SA as I was told similar until last week.
Sorry to hear that although I have already had it confirmed (including paperwork) that the price is not changing? I suppose my dealership could be doing me a favour but I was under the impression that receiving an allocation meant no further increases?

Maybe someone else can confirm although, I suspect this is yet another Porsche communication can of worms we’re opening…………l

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear that although I have already had it confirmed (including paperwork) that the price is not changing? I suppose my dealership could be doing me a favour but I was under the impression that receiving an allocation meant no further increases?

Maybe someone else can confirm although, I suspect this is yet another Porsche communication can of worms we’re opening…………l
If you had a June 2022 allocation, I suspect you have a ‘23 MY car coming, in which case the price you’ve been quoted all along is the 23 price. Regardless of buy or lease, the price of the car is determined by the model year, unless your dealer decides to cut you a break for business reasons.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Porsche AG invoiced the dealership according to the model year, it would probably be up to the dealership if they would honor the original price you agreed to and that would reduce their profit margin. My allocation finished production in early July - it is still MY2022

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Yes. My original car was a MY22 but destroyed in transit to US in 03/2022. Then my dealer said you will get another allocation for another MY22. When all said and done allocation came in MY23 and the price was increased . When I attempted to negotiate with the dealer and PCNA, no one had any sympathy and it was a take it or leave it situation…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes. My original car was a MY22 but destroyed in transit to US in 03/2022. Then my dealer said you will get another allocation for another MY22. When all said and done allocation came in MY23 and the price was increased . When I attempted to negotiate with the dealer and PCNA, no one had any sympathy and it was a take it or leave it situation…
That sucks!

Dealer also was being a bit stupid to think that you'd receive a new build and car based on the same MY given the timings. Come July, the MY changes period.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
If you had a June 2022 allocation, I suspect you have a ‘23 MY car coming, in which case the price you’ve been quoted all along is the 23 price. Regardless of buy or lease, the price of the car is determined by the model year, unless your dealer decides to cut you a break for business reasons.
Yep, it’s a MY23. I don’t get your logic though. What you’re saying is, people who ordered a car in December 2021 and got an allocation before July (MY23 price rise announced in UK) were actually already paying the price of a MY23? How does that work? The price quoted was the price on the configurator at the time ie MY22.

My dealer must be looking after me as I’m paying the amount quoted in December. As I said, they told me any price increases after allocation didn’t apply.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep, it’s a MY23. I don’t get your logic though. What you’re saying is, people who ordered a car in December 2021 and got an allocation before July (MY23 price rise announced in UK) were actually already paying the price of a MY23? How does that work? The price quoted was the price on the configurator at the time ie MY22.

My dealer must be looking after me as I’m paying the amount quoted in December. As I said, they told me any price increases after allocation didn’t apply.

dv
All that matters is the MY of the car delivered. If your allocation was June ‘22, it was a MY23 car. ‘Order’ date is irrelevant. All that matters is the production date, which is dependent on the allocation date. When you received your actual allocation, it should have been understood that it would be a MY 23 car and that pricing would be ‘23 prices. Most buyers know this, and most SA’s make sure they do. It sounds like neither was true in this case.

If your dealer is giving you 22 pricing on a 23 car, they’re giving you a break. Could be at least partially because demand has cooled.

OP
OP

Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
That is terrible. What a bad situation

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
All that matters is the MY of the car delivered. If your allocation was June ‘22, it was a MY23 car. ‘Order’ date is irrelevant. All that matters is the production date, which is dependent on the allocation date. When you received your actual allocation, it should have been understood that it would be a MY 23 car and that pricing would be ‘23 prices. Most buyers know this, and most SA’s make sure they do. It sounds like neither was true in this case.

If your dealer is giving you 22 pricing on a 23 car, they’re giving you a break. Could be at least partially because demand has cooled.
Let me correct the timing a bit - I'd say allocation that started production after the annual factory closure (August?) will be the next Model year. My car started production the first week of July 2022 and finished the second week of July 2022, it is still MY2022, probably one of the last ones.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I agree with @poppap. I believe any car that started production pre shutdown is a 2022, and anything after is a 2023. Mine started before in mid July, and actually finished after the shutdown in mid August, and is a 2022.
Sponsored