NeilJ

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT (Taycan 4S - sold), VW ID3
Country flag
I’ve just had a service quote from Dick Lovesit in Tewkesbury for £993.41 (2-year service and £200 air con service) 2020 Turbo S 😩😩

Did you get yours done there in the end? Thanks 🙏
Mmmmm! Haven’t had mine done yet so can‘t yet confirm the final price.
Sponsored

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
For those that missed a post I’ve put (on a different thread) some details about my first service. Had a call from Sytner regarding seat wiring recall and first service. After MUCH debate regarding service cost and the fact my coolant had been changed twice this year, as well as brake fluid I negotiated a lower price. All booked in at a much better price!

maybe you should drop him a line? You can thank me later😊

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs 64BBD171-DEFB-437B-928E-0E61AFB02DD7

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
£351 today at Colchester Porsche which is my local ( I don’t pay so not overly bothered). Got the my23 system upgrade so now have pretty coloured icons on the centre screen also which was nice.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
£351 today at Colchester Porsche which is my local ( I don’t pay so not overly bothered). Got the my23 system upgrade so now have pretty coloured icons on the centre screen also which was nice.
Must be the best UK price - well done!

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I’m just resurrecting this old post from Graham which is amazingly helpful.
I am currently in discussion with my local Centre about first service. They have advised me that if I skip the water ingress drain checks there is likely to be an issue with claiming on my warranty for anything related to water ingress in those areas. I personally find that astonishing as clearly the only reason these checks are needed is a design feature which is not ideal and I also noted Graham had comfort from PGB on this exact point.

Has anyone else come across this lately please? @Grahamtaylor would you mind sharing the email address you used to clear this up please as I may seek to do the same?

Thanks very much

I took delivery of my 2020 Taycan 4s in June 2020 and consequently the initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service is due in the next few weeks.

My local Porsche Centre (Leeds) quoted £694.86 to complete the service. I felt this was high, considering that the car is an EV with two 'dry' motors and therefore decided to get similar Taycan servicing costs from other dealerships across the country.

I contacted 21 seperate dealerships in the UK and to my surprise received quotations varying from £424.23 through to £1,193.64 back:

1652882220595.png

I noticed that each quote included multiple 'Ops Codes' which corresponded to different activities that would be carried out on the car and comprise the "service" depending on which dealership I spoke to:

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 YearsInspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x Dust and pollen filter insert
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsFront Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Cover And Wiper Arm Remove And Reinstall
03420102​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsSunroof Check (Main Work)
03420103​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsDoor Sill Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Wheel And Rear Wheel Housing Liner Remove And Reinstall Door Sill Trim Removal
03560050​
Additional Maintenance - Every 2 YearsReplace Brake Fluid / Check Tyre Sealant (Composite Work)
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​
Environmental Disposal Charge

There was a corresponding incremental increase in the cost of the service quotations based upon the complexity and combination of Ops codes and associated works to be completed.

To help me understand the disparity in cost and apparent required activity I contacted Porsche Cars Great Britain to seek clarity on what is mandated as part of an initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service on a Taycan in order to maintain a full service history. This was their response:

"I have been informed only the first one is required (03180000) which is the inspection including a brake fluid change. When the Taycan schedule was first introduced, Porsche AG advised the drainage checks were mandatory, however they have since changed this to “recommended” with the interval being 2 years, in line with the inspection as the vehicle would be visiting a Porsche Centre. The current recommended retail service pricing cost includes the first three, inspection and drainage checks for front and sunroof, but does not include the door sill check, which was removed from the pricing".

As such, only Ops Code 03180000 'Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 Years' is required to maintain a full service history on the Tycan and the other "additional" works (03420101, 03420102, 03420103 etc) are now merely "recommended".

In light of this information, Porsche Centre Leeds are now undertaking the service with only the mandated element (03180000) as highlighted by Porsche Cars GB which is working out much cheaper than their original quotation.

I'll leave it up to my fellow Taycan owners on this forum to decide what level of service is right for them however I thought it was worth sharing my recent experience of how the Porsche UK dealer network is approaching it's service model on EVs and the associated charging structure as it's not as straight forward as it might appear.

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just bumping this thread to keep it up top for those approaching 1st service.
please add any new quotes.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I wonder if i can Avoid this completely by selling the car before it hits 20k miles!? :)

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Just quoted 1st service form Wolverhampton Porsche £825 inc VAT. Still too much

Just bumping this thread.....

Any recent 1st services (Uk) taken place?

If so - please advise of cost.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just bumping this thread to keep it up top for those approaching 1st service.
please add any new quotes.
I had my car planned for uPdate last week and prior to that had hoped to combine with my 2 year service (17k miles currently). I was told that the service wasn't due until 20k miles which I knew to be 100% incorrect but the Porsche agent wasn't prepared to listen or accept or read their own service literature.

I went ahead with the uPdate and then noticed that my service wasn't due for a further 18.6k miles (!!) according to both the car and the app. Ironically I then get an email reminder to book a service this week.

There is no end to the incompetence displayed here not to mention the inconvenience of it all. Smart Service this is not! Clearly something was reset during the uPdate as I can't imagine the service was performed for free.

Will get a quote and invariably will fall off my seat!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I had my car planned for uPdate last week and prior to that had hoped to combine with my 2 year service (17k miles currently). I was told that the service wasn't due until 20k miles which I knew to be 100% incorrect but the Porsche agent wasn't prepared to listen or accept or read their own service literature.

I went ahead with the uPdate and then noticed that my service wasn't due for a further 18.6k miles (!!) according to both the car and the app. Ironically I then get an email reminder to book a service this week.

There is no end to the incompetence displayed here not to mention the inconvenience of it all. Smart Service this is not! Clearly something was reset during the uPdate as I can't imagine the service was performed for free.

Keep pushing on the service cost. Remember I payed around £330 for my service! Also stopped them changing cooling fluid and brake fluid as both had been changed when the battery was replaced and the spongy brakes fixed.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

Wonder what would have happened if you delayed the update to be with your service - surely the mechanical parts happen while the software updates ? Too late now but sounds like they tried to avoid it!

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
So I have been told by @Porsche Silverstone that the first 20K service costs £1180. When I queried the cost they said that the first part of the inspection is £580 and the drainage part was mandatory and if I didn’t have it done, any water ingress damage would not be covered by warranty. These guys are taking us fora complete ride…

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Wonder what would have happened if you delayed the update to be with your service - surely the mechanical parts happen while the software updates ? Too late now but sounds like they tried to avoid it!
Booked mine in for first service, plus the software update and seat wiring harness recall, price started I think it was mid £600, with some gentle cajoling got price down to £470.
Pays to ask nicely

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
So I have been told by @Porsche Silverstone that the first 20K service costs £1180. When I queried the cost they said that the first part of the inspection is £580 and the drainage part was mandatory and if I didn’t have it done, any water ingress damage would not be covered by warranty. These guys are taking us fora complete ride…
I’ve just seen this and it was consistent with my conversation with my local OPC. Push it. I actually involved porsche Uk and in the end it was resolved the right way. The mandatory drainage checks are not mandatory. Good luck!

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Hi @mangobay I did push it and considering my car has been in the garage 6 times for the same problem over the year I've owned it, they are going to do the inspection for free. Not sure which parts yet, but hopefully for this one, to won't be my problem. Definitely a joke with the disparity on this subject amongst the dealers, or stealers...
Sponsored