UK service & costs

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Why don't you guys post which Porsche centre quoted which prices?

If you scroll back through this thread you will see that Colchester serviced someone's Taycan for £290. And you can get it done in Ireland for €300

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Sure:

Current quotes, I have

Porsche UK
Porsche Bolton : £825
Porsche Wimslow : £1,284
Porsche Colchester : awaiting quote
Porsche Preston : awaiting quote

Europe : (Weekend away :D )
Porsche Paderborn 618,33 €
Porsche Bruges (awaiting quote)
Porsche Brussels (awaiting quote)

Example quote... no idea how they get from £781 to £1069 and then Wilmslow still quote another £165 for the brake fluid change whish is already in the service :rolleyes:

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs 1650623609598

Last edited:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Sure:

Current quotes, I have

Porsche UK

Example quote... no idea how they get from £781 to £1069 and then Wilmslow still quote another £165 for the brake fluid change whish is already in the service :rolleyes:

1650623609598.png
Alarming!
Especially as Bolton is my friendly local!
I will stay away from Wilmslow.
Avoid getting run over by a footballer in a Cayenne Turbo!
You could ask South Lakes!?
Still family owned, not corporate Lancaster/Inchcape/Pendragon...
Might be more reasonable?

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Have you also tried Chester?

They are very highly regarded generally.
I live near Wilmslow, but drive to Chester instead now.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
updated.... Feel free to add any options you find!

Porsche UK
Porsche Colchester : £424

Porsche Bruges (Full at the moment!)

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Try Porsche Knokke - its a lovely place on the Belgian coast - nice hotels/restos. Have already told me they would service and only need car details to quote..... FWIW :)

but Colchester quote would do for me!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
It’s crazy how there’s so much discrepancy.
I would that through the service cost would have been much more standardised 🤷‍♂️

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Sure:

Current quotes, I have

Porsche UK

I have done the 2 year service now. I had a similar quote to yours. I challenged the service guy to asl why they needed to check water drains and remove wheel housing liner and door sills etc. I had another very mysterious entry on my qoute : They wanted to inspect and clean out the drains for the openable sun roof!! Can you believe it.

When I asked the service guy to show me how to open the sun roof, he said sure lets go to the car. He sat in it and said
“Oh! Where are the controls, must be in the SW in this model!”

He very quickly apologised and produced a new quote.
He also said thatPorsche had told him to just use a model qoute that they had created so he did not have to enter and estimate all the details.

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs 6F64E433-4058-432A-84BA-82EF10897FDD

I also tried to get a quote from Switzerland as well as Sweden since we were on a trip at the time. Same price level.

However the swiss Service guy initially said :: “”That is only about a one and a half hour job, so you can have a coffee and wait for the car. We only need to change brake fluids, pollen filter and new wiper blades and check fluid levels. We will ring back in two hours and book it in“”

Switzerland then quoted 900 SFR and Sweden 9000 SEK! Sweden motivated the cost by saying
“”that is only half the price of a service for a 911 o Cayenne!”

Seems the service requirement is minimal for the Taycan and it is just an attempt to maximise the dealers service department profits.

My Porsche centre did all the work for similar costs to Paderborn cost in the end.

So challenge them to specify exactly what they are going to do, is my advice

Last edited:

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
Porsche Portsmouth £825 (three hours labour and brake fluid apparently)
Porsche Bournemouth £596 or £536 if the tyre sealeant does not need replacing.

Prices are certaintly not standard with dealers.

I was going to have a day trip to Colchester but Bournemouth is close enough in pricing for me to be happy to go with them.

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I took delivery of my 2020 Taycan 4s in June 2020 and consequently the initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service is due in the next few weeks.

My local Porsche Centre (Leeds) quoted £694.86 to complete the service. I felt this was high, considering that the car is an EV with two 'dry' motors and therefore decided to get similar Taycan servicing costs from other dealerships across the country.

I contacted 21 seperate dealerships in the UK and to my surprise received quotations varying from £424.23 through to £1,193.64 back:

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs 1652882220595

I noticed that each quote included multiple 'Ops Codes' which corresponded to different activities that would be carried out on the car and comprise the "service" depending on which dealership I spoke to:

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 YearsInspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x Dust and pollen filter insert
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsFront Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Cover And Wiper Arm Remove And Reinstall
03420102​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsSunroof Check (Main Work)
03420103​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsDoor Sill Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Wheel And Rear Wheel Housing Liner Remove And Reinstall Door Sill Trim Removal
03560050​
Additional Maintenance - Every 2 YearsReplace Brake Fluid / Check Tyre Sealant (Composite Work)
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​
Environmental Disposal Charge

There was a corresponding incremental increase in the cost of the service quotations based upon the complexity and combination of Ops codes and associated works to be completed.

To help me understand the disparity in cost and apparent required activity I contacted Porsche Cars Great Britain to seek clarity on what is mandated as part of an initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service on a Taycan in order to maintain a full service history. This was their response:

"I have been informed only the first one is required (03180000) which is the inspection including a brake fluid change. When the Taycan schedule was first introduced, Porsche AG advised the drainage checks were mandatory, however they have since changed this to “recommended” with the interval being 2 years, in line with the inspection as the vehicle would be visiting a Porsche Centre. The current recommended retail service pricing cost includes the first three, inspection and drainage checks for front and sunroof, but does not include the door sill check, which was removed from the pricing".

As such, only Ops Code 03180000 'Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 Years' is required to maintain a full service history on the Tycan and the other "additional" works (03420101, 03420102, 03420103 etc) are now merely "recommended".

In light of this information, Porsche Centre Leeds are now undertaking the service with only the mandated element (03180000) as highlighted by Porsche Cars GB which is working out much cheaper than their original quotation.

I'll leave it up to my fellow Taycan owners on this forum to decide what level of service is right for them however I thought it was worth sharing my recent experience of how the Porsche UK dealer network is approaching it's service model on EVs and the associated charging structure as it's not as straight forward as it might appear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I took delivery of my 2020 Taycan 4s in June 2020 and consequently the initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service is due in the next few weeks.

My local Porsche Centre (Leeds) quoted £694.86 to complete the service. I felt this was high, considering that the car is an EV with two 'dry' motors and therefore decided to get similar Taycan servicing costs from other dealerships across the country.

I contacted 21 seperate dealerships in the UK and to my surprise received quotations varying from £424.23 through to £1,193.64 back:

1652882220595.png

I noticed that each quote included multiple 'Ops Codes' which corresponded to different activities that would be carried out on the car and comprise the "service" depending on which dealership I spoke to:

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 YearsInspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x Dust and pollen filter insert
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsFront Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Cover And Wiper Arm Remove And Reinstall
03420102​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsSunroof Check (Main Work)
03420103​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsDoor Sill Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Wheel And Rear Wheel Housing Liner Remove And Reinstall Door Sill Trim Removal
03560050​
Additional Maintenance - Every 2 YearsReplace Brake Fluid / Check Tyre Sealant (Composite Work)
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​
Environmental Disposal Charge

There was a corresponding incremental increase in the cost of the service quotations based upon the complexity and combination of Ops codes and associated works to be completed.

To help me understand the disparity in cost and apparent required activity I contacted Porsche Cars Great Britain to seek clarity on what is mandated as part of an initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service on a Taycan in order to maintain a full service history. This was their response:

"I have been informed only the first one is required (03180000) which is the inspection including a brake fluid change. When the Taycan schedule was first introduced, Porsche AG advised the drainage checks were mandatory, however they have since changed this to “recommended” with the interval being 2 years, in line with the inspection as the vehicle would be visiting a Porsche Centre. The current recommended retail service pricing cost includes the first three, inspection and drainage checks for front and sunroof, but does not include the door sill check, which was removed from the pricing".

As such, only Ops Code 03180000 'Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 Years' is required to maintain a full service history on the Tycan and the other "additional" works (03420101, 03420102, 03420103 etc) are now merely "recommended".

In light of this information, Porsche Centre Leeds are now undertaking the service with only the mandated element (03180000) as highlighted by Porsche Cars GB which is working out much cheaper than their original quotation.

I'll leave it up to my fellow Taycan owners on this forum to decide what level of service is right for them however I thought it was worth sharing my recent experience of how the Porsche UK dealer network is approaching it's service model on EVs and the associated charging structure as it's not as straight forward as it might appear.
That sir - is an epic bit of research and very useful to us UK forum nembers.
Thankyou.
👏👏👏

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Very happy Colchester are cheapest - they're my local OPC.

If I was going to get stiffed 4 figures I'd seriously consider not bothering with the car. Getting lifted on service costs is something I stopped decades ago.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Very unhappy Newcastle is my local OPC. £964 and that’s only for the minimum required code. Looks like I’ll be going elsewhere for service as that’s a rip off.
Sponsored