Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I like the drainage check for the sunroof!!! I did not know the Taycan had any.

I had a similar quote initially and went yo the service manager and asked him to show me how I can open the Sun roof. “Sure he said” . And then very embarrassed and a new quote was ready in three minutes!

When you ask gor a quote, ask them to specify all work in detail!!! They are trying yo hold on to old service revenue.
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
You could take in this list and show them where they are in terms of cost. That might embarrass them into reviewing their costs

NeilJ

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT (Taycan 4S - sold), VW ID3
Country flag
I took delivery of my 2020 Taycan 4s in June 2020 and consequently the initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service is due in the next few weeks.

My local Porsche Centre (Leeds) quoted £694.86 to complete the service. I felt this was high, considering that the car is an EV with two 'dry' motors and therefore decided to get similar Taycan servicing costs from other dealerships across the country.

I contacted 21 seperate dealerships in the UK and to my surprise received quotations varying from £424.23 through to £1,193.64 back:

1652882220595.png

I noticed that each quote included multiple 'Ops Codes' which corresponded to different activities that would be carried out on the car and comprise the "service" depending on which dealership I spoke to:

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 YearsInspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x Dust and pollen filter insert
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsFront Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Cover And Wiper Arm Remove And Reinstall
03420102​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsSunroof Check (Main Work)
03420103​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsDoor Sill Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Wheel And Rear Wheel Housing Liner Remove And Reinstall Door Sill Trim Removal
03560050​
Additional Maintenance - Every 2 YearsReplace Brake Fluid / Check Tyre Sealant (Composite Work)
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​
Environmental Disposal Charge

There was a corresponding incremental increase in the cost of the service quotations based upon the complexity and combination of Ops codes and associated works to be completed.

To help me understand the disparity in cost and apparent required activity I contacted Porsche Cars Great Britain to seek clarity on what is mandated as part of an initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service on a Taycan in order to maintain a full service history. This was their response:

"I have been informed only the first one is required (03180000) which is the inspection including a brake fluid change. When the Taycan schedule was first introduced, Porsche AG advised the drainage checks were mandatory, however they have since changed this to “recommended” with the interval being 2 years, in line with the inspection as the vehicle would be visiting a Porsche Centre. The current recommended retail service pricing cost includes the first three, inspection and drainage checks for front and sunroof, but does not include the door sill check, which was removed from the pricing".

As such, only Ops Code 03180000 'Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 Years' is required to maintain a full service history on the Tycan and the other "additional" works (03420101, 03420102, 03420103 etc) are now merely "recommended".

In light of this information, Porsche Centre Leeds are now undertaking the service with only the mandated element (03180000) as highlighted by Porsche Cars GB which is working out much cheaper than their original quotation.

I'll leave it up to my fellow Taycan owners on this forum to decide what level of service is right for them however I thought it was worth sharing my recent experience of how the Porsche UK dealer network is approaching it's service model on EVs and the associated charging structure as it's not as straight forward as it might appear.
Great piece of work - really appreciate it - thanks. To add one - Porsche Tewkesbury (Dick Lovett Ltd) quoted me between £480 and £510 for a MY21 4S.

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I took delivery of my 2020 Taycan 4s in June 2020 and consequently the initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service is due in the next few weeks.

My local Porsche Centre (Leeds) quoted £694.86 to complete the service. I felt this was high, considering that the car is an EV with two 'dry' motors and therefore decided to get similar Taycan servicing costs from other dealerships across the country.

I contacted 21 seperate dealerships in the UK and to my surprise received quotations varying from £424.23 through to £1,193.64 back:

1652882220595.png

I noticed that each quote included multiple 'Ops Codes' which corresponded to different activities that would be carried out on the car and comprise the "service" depending on which dealership I spoke to:

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 YearsInspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsFront Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Cover And Wiper Arm Remove And Reinstall
03420102​
03420103​
Additional Work For Checking Water DrainsDoor Sill Check And Clean (Main Work) Includes Wheel And Rear Wheel Housing Liner Remove And Reinstall Door Sill Trim Removal
03560050​
Additional Maintenance - Every 2 YearsReplace Brake Fluid / Check Tyre Sealant (Composite Work)
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​

There was a corresponding incremental increase in the cost of the service quotations based upon the complexity and combination of Ops codes and associated works to be completed.

To help me understand the disparity in cost and apparent required activity I contacted Porsche Cars Great Britain to seek clarity on what is mandated as part of an initial 20,000 mile / 2nd Anniversary service on a Taycan in order to maintain a full service history. This was their response:

"I have been informed only the first one is required (03180000) which is the inspection including a brake fluid change. When the Taycan schedule was first introduced, Porsche AG advised the drainage checks were mandatory, however they have since changed this to “recommended” with the interval being 2 years, in line with the inspection as the vehicle would be visiting a Porsche Centre. The current recommended retail service pricing cost includes the first three, inspection and drainage checks for front and sunroof, but does not include the door sill check, which was removed from the pricing".

As such, only Ops Code 03180000 'Inspection - Every 20K Miles / 30K Kms or every 2 Years' is required to maintain a full service history on the Tycan and the other "additional" works (03420101, 03420102, 03420103 etc) are now merely "recommended".

In light of this information, Porsche Centre Leeds are now undertaking the service with only the mandated element (03180000) as highlighted by Porsche Cars GB which is working out much cheaper than their original quotation.

I'll leave it up to my fellow Taycan owners on this forum to decide what level of service is right for them however I thought it was worth sharing my recent experience of how the Porsche UK dealer network is approaching it's service model on EVs and the associated charging structure as it's not as straight forward as it might appear.
Huge thanks for this! This is where forums come into their own.

Do dealers not realise nowadays that enjoying margins far richer than they should be v competitors can come back to bite and is far less easy to get away with?

I still think change is coming. We are living in times where demand far outstrips supply. A crash is coming and come 2025, business will be much harder won. To get new car sales, it will be key to get footfall; attracting vehicle servicing at competitive rates will get people through the door and be key to selling cars again, as will good customer service. Particularly as the Porsche network exclude themselves from sites like Carwow. Those dealers taking the mickey on servicing costs are being very short sighted in my opinion, particularly given how forums like this provide means for info sharing of this nature.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Great piece of work - really appreciate it - thanks. To add one - Porsche Tewkesbury (Dick Lovett Ltd) quoted me between £480 and £510 for a MY21 4S.
That’s really good as I live exactly half way between Solihull and Tewkesbury. Looking like a no brainer . . .

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag

1652882220595.png

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
03420102​
03420103​
03560050​
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​

Great work. Unfortunately my local dealer isn't on there (Mid-Sussex) but Tonbridge is the next nearest I think so it's good to see that second on the list

Edit: actually Guildford is closer but thanks to your work it looks like I won't be going there!

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I’ve sent this list to my local dealership Teeside , and claim to be looking into it

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
They’ll ring each one of the top 10 on the list to tell them to align their prices to £1k 🤪
That was my thinking too. But hey, a couple of days in Knokke for me and missus, with free Chunnel, hotel, wine and 5 star meals for the same price will do me!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Thank you for the research. Utter p*ss take from some of them (aka all the ones near me!).

Check the wiper blades - i think Halfords can do that for £20.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

1652882220595.png

Ops Code​
Job Details​
Variant​
03180000​
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
03420101​
03420102​
03420103​
03560050​
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid
ENVIPO​

Many thanks for this extensive investigation!

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Adding one more quote - East London (Jardine) £825

Inspection M.Y 2020 > (Main Work)
1 x WINDOW CLEANER OUTER
1 x 1 Litre Brake fluid

Op Codes: 03180000 03420101 03420102 03560050

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Someone mentioned earlier in a post on this thread that Porsche GB had said that having the car serviced outside of the U.K. would invalidate the service warranty. I’m no lawyer but, I think that’s not the case. The warranty contract is I believe with Porsche GmbH and is global subject to the vehicle being serviced by a authorised Porsche dealership. In the case where the vehicle has been purchased via Porsche Finance, it may well be a condition of the finance agreement that the vehicle must be serviced in the U.K. It is certainly true that a finance provider can stipulate conditions on the car leaving a jurisdiction. They are the legal owner after all. However, for those of us who own the car outright or whom didn’t use Porsche financial services, I do believe legally that you can have your car serviced by any officially recognised Porsche dealership globally and not invalidate your warranty. So, there is nothing to stop us Brits arranging a road trip to continental Europe and having the car serviced there for a fraction of the cost. Would appreciate it however if a lawyer amongst us could validate this POV.

Has anyone thought to write to the broadsheet press about this in the hope of embarrassing Porsche centres in the U.K. to reduce servicing costs for Taycans or, to give them their due, afford them the opportunity to explain the stark difference in price between U.K. servicing costs and Europe?

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve just had a service quote from Dick Lovesit in Tewkesbury for £993.41 (2-year service and £200 air con service) 2020 Turbo S 😩😩

Did you get yours done there in the end? Thanks 🙏

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Sounds excessive. Does you aircon really need servicing? If it is working I feel this is just one of the current garage scams - like they used to beam set the headlights every time the car went in for anything
Sponsored