UK Taycan Insurance

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Admiral is £700 exactly for my Turbo with business use and 10k mikes Per year
It reduces to £595 if I take my Etron insurance out with them too

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Admiral is £700 exactly for my Turbo with business use and 10k mikes Per year
It reduces to £595 if I take my Etron insurance out with them too
What a deal. Go Admiral!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Admiral are cheap. My 18 year old daughters Audi A1 is registered with them. They are usually cheapest by far.
NFU mutual though are a different ball game. You have a dedicated point of contact, multicar policy and many other benefits. It’s A bit like premium banking. Highly recommended.

For starters read the small print with admiral - they do not let you use a Porsche garage for repairs you have to use their network of repairers only. I would not want to use some back street garage to repair my £100k+ car !

Sometimes if you kick a fuss they do allow you to but you have to pay for the repairs yourself and they then reimburse you - there is also no courtesy car if you don't use their garage. Plenty of talk about this if you search Pistonheads.

Last edited:

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Compare the market just came up as £324 for my 4S+. Amazingly cheaper than our current GTS.

I neded to check the small print in case that was the cost for a month!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Compare the market just came up as £324 for my 4S+. Amazingly cheaper than our current GTS.

I neded to check the small print in case that was the cost for a month!
Wow, what insurance company? So cheap. Must be a catch or maybe your just super low risk. Both my wife and I both have 1 claim & each 3 points.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I think insurance is fairly cheap just now. I was quoted an additional £50 to upgrade my £300 TT RS insurance by Direct Line. 4s with perf plus battery. It has six months to run so less than £500 for the year. I've also has a series of sub £500 quotes from gocompare. 52, no points.

Direct Line want a tracker though. Are people getting quotes that don't need a tracker??

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
NFU Mutual came good - £760 for 4S with Performance Battery Plus. 44 years old 6 points on licence (coming off next month!)
Hi, would you mind me asking a little about your nfu quote, i have has a quote on a 4s, myself (48 with 3 points and a accident fault claim) and my wife (40 with clean licence etc). They have quoted me £1150 p/a with £1600 theft excess and £1000 excess on anything else. I am wondering how you got it much cheaper. Ps, i live in the sticks in Somerset, i thought london would be more expensive.. Thanks TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Hi Lucan, i have 4 cars insured with them and also my home. Its all about building a relationship with your local offices. Don’t call the call centre. Google your local branch nearest to you. I was given a huge discount as a current customer.
Their excesses on cars above £100k are always higher though but it’s worth the piece of mind when you read their policy advantages over “call centre” insurers

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Hi Lucan, i have 4 cars insured with them and also my home. Its all about building a relationship with your local offices. Don’t call the call centre. Google your local branch nearest to you. I was given a huge discount as a current customer.
Their excesses on cars above £100k are always higher though but it’s worth the piece of mind when you read their policy advantages over “call centre” insurers
yes, that is what felt good about them, i live in a rural area and contacted the local branch - just seem more comfortable than accepting the cheapest quote online and getting caught out. Like you say, they reward loyalty so will be looking to add more policies with them. Make it much easier to have multiple vehicles looked after by 1 person/company - i have enough going on in my head already!! No room for complications....:whew:

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
My quote was from sainsbury. Insurance. Read the small print closely, no tracker, no black box, there must be a catch Somewhere!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
NFU mutual require no black box or tracker. However, i emailed today to ask how much my premium would drop bu subscribing to the Porsche tracker and they said it would drop by a further £150 so I may take it for further piece of mind always knowing my car is being tracked.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
NFU mutual require no black box or tracker. However, i emailed today to ask how much my premium would drop bu subscribing to the Porsche tracker and they said it would drop by a further £150 so I may take it for further piece of mind always knowing my car is being tracked.

I believe you automatically are registers for the tracker for the first year ... so if this is confirmed then grab the £££ discount

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not on my car. It wants £250 via the connect store. Dealer also said need to pay every year for this

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Not on my car. It wants £250 via the connect store. Dealer also said need to pay every year for this

Okay - believed I’d read the first year was free and thereafter a paid service when I scanned the paperwork in advance of my 4S arriving (which hasn’t been heard of since early March when I was told to plan for collection at dealer pre Easter!
Sponsored