UK Taycan Insurance

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
That does seem pricey.
Quality insurers NFU and AXA ... good extent of cover and no loopholes (but for unexplainable reasons Northern Ireland insurance doesn’t not avail of pan GB More competitive rates) ... #cartel
Sponsored

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Just bought my insurance, £790 for protected fully comprehensive with admiral

It seems to be the price driving the premium amount as if you put the value under £100k it knocks about 30% off.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
if we are all honest on here I think most will agree that we are only buying this car as its tax efficient

if we were all given 150k each to buy a car I for one wouldn’t be buying my Taycan
but I will also admit that although my car is due in the UK within the next two weeks I’ve never actually seen one let alone drive it
so I’m basing my judgement on YouTube :facepalm:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Most probably are as soon as it leaves the showroom :D
Haha witty I like it. However, there is only one car for sale in the UK right now and its at a premium. Short term these will not be losing too much if Porsche take their time and not flood the market or make major changes during MYs. Historically only the Panamera was a resale disaster for Porsche the rest stayed pretty decent in terms of depreciation.

Whoever see’s mine falls in love with it. When I take them for a drive they want one but when they enquire they are told they won’t see it until next year now.

Of course it will lose money but lets not jump to conclusions as its a very desirable car at the moment!

The cancelled orders are being snapped up pretty much as soon as they become available!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
if we are all honest on here I think most will agree that we are only buying this car as its tax efficient

if we were all given 150k each to buy a car I for one wouldn’t be buying my Taycan
100% why I bought one too. Electric cars always fascinated me due to instant torque but I never wanted a Tesla! Tax incentives are why I bought it otherwise I would have a 720S or Performante to accompany my 458 :D

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag

but I will also admit that although my car is due in the UK within the next two weeks I’ve never actually seen one let alone drive it
so I’m basing my judgement on YouTube :facepalm:
Very true. I have seen one, t
Haha witty I like it. However, there is only one car for sale in the UK right now and its at a premium. Short term these will not be losing too much if Porsche take their time and not flood the market or make major changes during MYs. Historically only the Panamera was a resale disaster for Porsche the rest stayed pretty decent in terms of depreciation.

Whoever see’s mine falls in love with it. When I take them for a drive they want one but when they enquire they are told they won’t see it until next year now.

Of course it will lose money but lets not jump to conclusions as its a very desirable car at the moment!

The cancelled orders are being snapped up pretty much as soon as they become available!
One for sale, but no takers at the premium. I don’t think now is the time to pay over the rrp for a car. Most semi-normal people will agree.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Very true. I have seen one, t

One for sale, but no takers at the premium. I don’t think now is the time to pay over the rrp for a car. Most semi-normal people will agree.
The Turbo S at Amari sold at a premium. I would never but someone did! Plenty of bounce back loans burning holes in peoples pockets right now!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Did it SELL for a premium or just advertised
it was advertised at around 20k above cost

Also I’m not sure if buying that car would make someone the 2nd or 3rd owner, there is no OLEV grant and I don’t believe you would get First Year allowance

so it really limits who would buy it IMO

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Did it SELL for a premium or just advertised
it was advertised at around 20k above cost

Also I’m not sure if buying that car would make someone the 2nd or 3rd owner, there is no OLEV grant and I don’t believe you would get First Year allowance

so it really limits who would buy it IMO
It sold for a premium my mate knows Amari personally. It went over list but not sure how much. Second owners get no benefits but plenty of idiots out there who want to jump queues. The instagrammers who never ordered one now all want one too.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The Turbo S at Amari sold at a premium. I would never but someone did! Plenty of bounce back loans burning holes in peoples pockets right now!
Heard so much bad stuff about people using the bounce back loans for this kinda stuff. Crazy people!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heard so much bad stuff about people using the bounce back loans for this kinda stuff. Crazy people!
I don’t have a problem with that as it stimulates the economy

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It sold for a premium my mate knows Amari personally. It went over list but not sure how much. Second owners get no benefits but plenty of idiots out there who want to jump queues. The instagrammers who never ordered one now all want one too.
He’s a car salesman he will tell somone what he wants then to hear

i bet if you called him up trying to sell a Turbo S he would pay 10% less than list and say he made a loss on the last one

I actually contacted them about the car, it took them 2 days to reply to me
then another 2 days to come back with a full spec, I mentioned that I had a Turbo on order and would they be interested in it
they said yes asked for the spec and I never heard from them again

I was put off by the leather free interior as I have 2yo and 5yo boys (and the price was ridiculous) it was prob sale or return as I cant imagine they would want to gamble and buy it (or it was Amaris own spec car)
Sponsored