First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
He’s a car salesman he will tell somone what he wants then to hear

i bet if you called him up trying to sell a Turbo S he would pay 10% less than list and say he made a loss on the last one

I actually contacted them about the car, it took them 2 days to reply to me
then another 2 days to come back with a full spec, I mentioned that I had a Turbo on order and would they be interested in it
they said yes asked for the spec and I never heard from them again

I was put off by the leather free interior as I have 2yo and 5yo boys (and the price was ridiculous) it was prob sale or return as I cant imagine they would want to gamble and buy it (or it was Amaris own spec car)
Just telling you what I know pal. The car was his own spec car. He is too shrewd to have made a loss.
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Just bought my insurance, £790 for protected fully comprehensive with admiral

It seems to be the price driving the premium amount as if you put the value under £100k it knocks about 30% off.
Hi Pal
my Turbo has cost me about £600 ish with NO tracker that’s for business use and 4 named drivers and a couple of them have points

BUT my new X5 with the same drivers etc was £1,350!!!!!!!!
Admiral obviously don’t like hybrids
I took one driver off as he will never it anyway and it saved £600

you really need to play around with the quote tools

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I would not undervalue a car no matter what the saving is. On a car as new as this they will ask for an invoice if a claim was made. If they see the car is undervalued then you know what happens :eek:

Play around with drivers and their occupations. This helps!

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Unless your buying on a bounce back loan and don’t care about the insurance value!

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I would not undervalue a car no matter what the saving is. On a car as new as this they will ask for an invoice if a claim was made. If they see the car is undervalued then you know what happens :eek:

Play around with drivers and their occupations. This helps!
No worries, I insured for the full value, don't worry,

I was just interested to see what was driving the price.

I went on the admiral site to buy one of the quotes and managed to buy the one with Telematics :rolleyes:

So cancelled that straight away and paid the extra for a policy without it :like:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

I went on the admiral site to buy one of the quotes and managed to buy the one with Telematics :rolleyes:

So cancelled that straight away and paid the extra for a policy without it :like:
Nice one :D

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

You certainly don’t want that

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3, Mk4 Megane Trophy-R, C1 Race Car
Country flag
if we are all honest on here I think most will agree that we are only buying this car as its tax efficient

if we were all given 150k each to buy a car I for one wouldn’t be buying my Taycan
but I will also admit that although my car is due in the UK within the next two weeks I’ve never actually seen one let alone drive it
so I’m basing my judgement on YouTube :facepalm:

Lfcdan - you are in for a real treat mate as I’m sure the Taycan will surpass any and all expectations you have. This is exactly how I felt when I drove one for the first time - completely underestimated just how good a car it is.

You may find after a few months that you wouldn’t swap it for any other £150k car :D

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lfcdan - you are in for a real treat mate as I’m sure the Taycan will surpass any and all expectations you have. This is exactly how I felt when I drove one for the first time - completely underestimated just how good a car it is.

You may find after a few months that you wouldn’t swap it for any other £150k car :D
After having my turbo for 7 weeks I’m actually swapping it on Thursday for a Bentley continental.
The car drives really well but the PCM just isn’t usable!

The car has so many gremlins its such a shame

Porsche GB and the dealerships couldn’t care less, they don’t seem to be in any rush to offer any fixes

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
After having my turbo for 7 weeks I’m actually swapping it on Thursday for a Bentley continental.
The car drives really well but the PCM just isn’t usable!

The car has so many gremlins its such a shame

Porsche GB and the dealerships couldn’t care less, they don’t seem to be in any rush to offer any fixes
Got to admit I’m starting to feel that way too. Will give the car a bit longer to see if Porsche come up with any fixes - otherwise will look at alternatives.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I must say I'm shocked after 7 weeks people are getting rid. Either money is no object to you or your standards are so high that nothing will fully meet your needs. I've had the first big software update and its fine, and to be honest I drive the car Not play with the infotainment system.... ;)

I've never owned a car in my life thats perfect, and there never will be but most people buy a car for the driving experience at this price!

Wish you all the luck if you are changing, but christ you must all shit money lol

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Those numbers seem well low to me. I'm in my 30's with 15 Years NCB and my Turbo S is coming up at over £1.5k, the Turbo isn't much cheaper so how the hell are you getting quotes at £700......
Age...

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I’m 29, anyone guess to quote how much mine is going to be
Sponsored