First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Good afternoon All
I had to take my Taycan 4s back today as I was unable to charge it.
I plugged it in and as normal and the charging point on the car accepted and acknowledged the plug but the batteries wouldn’t accept the charge.
I’ve done circa 5000 mile and this is the first time I’ve experienced this. Anyone else experienced this?
I'm still waiting to hear from the dealership who couldn’t remedy the problem in house.
on the bright side I met a lovely lady that was looking round my car whilst I waited who introduced me to this forum so thank you to her ?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Good afternoon All
I plugged it in and as normal and the charging point on the car accepted and acknowledged the plug but the batteries wouldn’t accept the charge.
I’ve done circa 5000 mile and this is the first time I’ve experienced this. Anyone else experienced this?
I'm still waiting to hear from the dealership who couldn’t remedy the problem in house.
on the bright side I met a lovely lady that was looking round my car whilst I waited who introduced me to this forum so thank you to her ?
what charging point? home or an EA or other fast charger?

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
what charging point? home or an EA or other fast charger?
Any! I was changing the car at home when it stopped charging and tripped the fuse board, it wouldn’t charge at any charge point anywhere after this

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Evening Terry ,
That was me in sidcup this afternoon admiring your car - welcome to the forum!
Good evening
Lovely to meet you ☺
Your welcome to take it for a test drive, assuming I ever get it back ?

Last edited:

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Hi Terry, welcome to the forum! Hopefully Porsche South London get this fixed for you.

They’re my local dealer too, how do you find them? I’m still waiting on their fast chargers to go live!

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Good afternoon
I found the sales very good, they was very helpful and knowledgeable in helping me spec my car for what was good for me, not so good with the aftercare but maybe that’s me being a bit fussy, still good though.
It’s frustrating the 350kw chargers aren’t working yet particularly as my office is on the Northcray Rd.
apart from the current concerning issue I’m very happy with my Taycan 4s
How have you found things?

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just an update
Apparently it was a fault with the on board charger, Porsche Sidcup have had my car for 23 days so far as the new part had to come from Germany and furthermore, the part had to be made first! No date given for when I will get my car returned, very disappointing to say the least. They did give me a curtesy car but it was a Volvo petrol car and was hard work to get.
Since they’ve had the car I have had a recall letter saying the onboard charger needs reprogramming but apparently they still need to renew the part also.
Not a happy customer but I still love the car…..well from what I remember of it

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Does your car have the standard 11 kW or optional 22 kW AC Charger @Terry508 ?

I am just wondering if its the 22 kW charger that is especially troublesome or this happens with the standard AC charger as well.

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does your car have the standard 11 kW or optional 22 kW AC Charger @Terry508 ?

I am just wondering if its the 22 kW charger that is especially troublesome or this happens with the standard AC charger as well.
It’s the 22kw charger

OP
OP
Terry508

Terry508

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Good afternoon All
Update, I got my car back today, 6 weeks later! Forgot what an amazing car it is! Happy to say all good so far, let’s hope there’s no more issues
Sponsored