SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
I thought I would post this, as on the latest call to Porsche we were advised that this is a known issue being experienced by several others and that a “campaign” is underway. I am uncertain what the latter term means, but my dealer says it is a good thing.

Here’s the problem: when you first get the car you go through a set up procedure with the PCM. It asks for preferred language and other items. Eventually it asks for an ID and a password. I used the ID and password that I had previously established at porsche.com, prior to getting the car. That ID and password works to open up the Porsche Connect app on my phone, and the correct VIN for the car is shown in the app. However, on the PCM, after having entered the same ID and PW, the ”login” button on the PCM is greyed out, such that when you click on it, it cannot be selected. As a result, I am driving as a ”guest” in my own car since I got it from the dealer. As a guest, I do not have access to servces, such as Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, that I bought initially. There are about 8 - 10 of these services, none of which are available — I presume because I am a “guest.” The free electricity from Electrify America is also unavailable, as is Plug and Charge at the “pump.” My dealer has been helpful and acting in good faith, assisting me in trying to get the issue resolved. I fear with the massive recall underway, that my issue, and that of others in the same boat, will be way down on the to-do list.
Sponsored

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
I chronicled my 2 month saga to resolve this issue here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/brand-new-taycan-cant-log-into-porsche-id-in-vehicle.4855/

You can still get your free charging from Electrify America by downloading the "Charging NA" app and initiating the charge from there. Not as convenient as plug-and-charge, but still free.
The link you referred me to is exactly the issue I am having and the experience I am having with Porsche support. Very supportive on the phone, including asking for a photo of the login page with my ID and PW, then disappears into the void. I also have the blinking red light and a continuous advisory, in the same overhead location, of airbag status — on or off - for my passenger. Sounds like the only “solution” is to keep banging away with Porsche support. Thanks for your response, and congratulations on getting the problem resolved.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had precisely the same issue when I picked my 4S on Monday. A call to dealer support with my sales guy didn't help and the login button remained greyed out as the dealer support rep insisted that the TYD system still had the car on the boat. Both me and my sales guy stated unequivocally that no, the car was not on the boat, we were sitting in it.

After resetting the PCM, I was successful though in logging in the next day in the afternoon. The issue resides in whether the car is considered “sold” in Porsche NA’s internal system. There seems to be a lag, sometime hours and even days, from the time the dealer sells the car until the time that Porsche NA sees that car as sold.

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The link you referred me to is exactly the issue I am having and the experience I am having with Porsche support. Very supportive on the phone, including asking for a photo of the login page with my ID and PW, then disappears into the void. I also have the blinking red light and a continuous advisory, in the same overhead location, of airbag status — on or off - for my passenger. Sounds like the only “solution” is to keep banging away with Porsche support. Thanks for your response, and congratulations on getting the problem resolved.
The blinking red light is the SOS system. I had the same problem and it self resolved the next day. Others have had the same issue. Hopefully yours will take care of itself in short order.

One thing I did which may have helped was a complete reset of the PCM. I was able to login after that. On your PCM go to Settings/System/Reset to Factory Settings and begin the process from scratch.

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
IF that factory reset step fails, you may need to do a 12V disconnect. Both procedures should be done where you have a good cellular signal to the car.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
IF that factory reset step fails, you may need to do a 12V disconnect. Both procedures should be done where you have a good cellular signal to the car.
Thanks for all suggestions. It looks like this problem has been around for several months.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Do you happen to know if the 12V disconnect provides an immediate fix in cases where it is the solution or it still takes some time to resolve after that? I've had this issue since I picked up on 6/25, neither this nor factory reset seemed to make any difference. PC support only offered a walkthrough of some very basic troubleshooting items.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Do you happen to know if the 12V disconnect provides an immediate fix in cases where it is the solution or it still takes some time to resolve after that? I've had this issue since I picked up on 6/25, neither this nor factory reset seemed to make any difference. PC support only offered a walkthrough of some very basic troubleshooting items.
I am at a complete loss as to how to repair this error. porsche support has been most courteous, but feckless. It’s not going to go on much longer, one hopes. I am now entering my second week of ”guest” driving.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am at a complete loss as to how to repair this error. porsche support has been most courteous, but feckless. It’s not going to go on much longer, one hopes. I am now entering my second week of ”guest” driving.
It's a wild guess, but I had login issues on a completely different platform and could solve it by changing my password.

I had a generated password and that password started with a dash(-). A dash is also used to signal a command line argument and that confused the software.

SDSoccerdad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had a similar issue. Here is what I did that fixed it:

Amazingly, I fixed mine and am now the main user whereas I was the secondary user.

Here is what I did - I deleted my account on my 4S. I logout of Connect on my phone. I then added my account to the 4S using same login and password - voila, I was then identified as the main user. I logged back into Connect on my iPhone and the remote access was activated. I went then online and, while always identified as a main user I was inactive - I was now active. Everything is now working like a charm. . .

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Had a similar issue. Here is what I did that fixed it:

Amazingly, I fixed mine and am now the main user whereas I was the secondary user.

Here is what I did - I deleted my account on my 4S. I logout of Connect on my phone. I then added my account to the 4S using same login and password - voila, I was then identified as the main user. I logged back into Connect on my iPhone and the remote access was activated. I went then online and, while always identified as a main user I was inactive - I was now active. Everything is now working like a charm. . .
What do you mean by, "I deleted my account on my 4S"? I have never been able to login. It comes up as guest each time. I don't have an account to delete on the car.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
It's a wild guess, but I had login issues on a completely different platform and could solve it by changing my password.

I had a generated password and that password started with a dash(-). A dash is also used to signal a command line argument and that confused the software.
What do you mean by, "I deleted my account on my 4S"? I have never been able to login. It comes up as guest each time. I don't have an account to delete on the car.
And for good measure, I have been unable find a spot on the porsche connect app where you can change your password! This is standard on apps in my decades of experience using apps requiring IDs and passwords. Aside from this lapse by Porsche software engineers, I believe the root of the problem is that somewhere in the bowels of Porsche corporate in the fatherland, somebody never tranferred the VIN number to me; as far as their records are concerned, the car is still in the dealership. So this stranger trying to sign in is unknown to them. Changing as password would have no effect. I think that’s right. And this: I have yet to find a person who gives evidence of knowing how the software works so that the issue may be troubleshot. Perhaps reason will somehow yet prevail. You get the picture?
I should add, even as a “guest”, the car is a joy to drive. Steve

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And for good measure, I have been unable find a spot on the porsche connect app where you can change your password!
You can change your password on the my porsche web page after login in. Click on your name in the upper right and click on login & security. The second item you can edit is your password.

...I believe the root of the problem is that somewhere in the bowels of Porsche corporate in the fatherland, somebody never tranferred the VIN number to me...
In your OP you say: "That ID and password works to open up the Porsche Connect app on my phone, and the correct VIN for the car is shown in the app". AFAIK this means your car VIN has been transferred to your login ID.
Sponsored