Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful.

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback and pictures. It was super helpful and I am so thankful.

Here my final www.porsche-code.com/PRTH3BZ2

I'm so excited. Chris said about 4 months.

Thanks again
Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. {filename}

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. {filename}

I really love the chalk, but I wear dark denim often and know how it transfers to the seats. I'm having a hard time choosing seats. I've included my build and would appreciate any input.
https://confi

Thank you

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 10.06.13 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Personally I wouldn't have ordered a Taycan without full leather. If you're on the steering wheel view in the configurator and flick between the two options you can see the stitch lines appear on the full leather. Standard it's plastic, but noticeable because the additional leather is predominantly on visible and touchable places (dash, door tops, handles etc.)

Whether that's important to you is personal.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Personally I wouldn't have ordered a Taycan without full leather. If you're on the steering wheel view in the configurator and flick between the two options you can see the stitch lines appear on the full leather. Standard it's plastic, but noticeable because the additional leather is predominantly on visible and touchable places (dash, door tops, handles etc.)

Whether that's important to you is personal.
Thank you so much!! Now all I have to do is figure out what color leather. I'm leaning toward the limestone because we live in Cal but not 💯 sure it's the best match for ice metallic grey.

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Thank you so much!! Now all I have to do is figure out what color leather. I'm leaning toward the limestone because we live in Cal but not 💯 sure it's the best match for ice metallic grey.
I have Ice Grey with full leather Bordeaux Red and after 2 years I still love it and would order another with the same.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
I have Ice Grey with full leather Bordeaux Red and after 2 years I still love it and would order another with the same.
I agree that red is gorgeous. I'm glad to hear that you would order another one in the same color.

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
You're welcome. I'm Volcano Grey and I wasn't really looking at lighter colours so might not be much help there. Satin grey wheels with the grey interior is ice cold!

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Is that your car in your profile pic? It's gorgeous. What color interior did you choose?

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
This is the whole purpose of this topic... light or dark?
I would personally stick to full black or black/red.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Welcome. I do like contrasted interior but Taycan is a futuristic sport sedan and I don't think it fits with limestone. imho.
My wife recently told me (my car has black/black interior) she would have picked the black/black interior again but she would have suggested a contrasting color for stitching... might be the way to go?

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Welcome. I do like contrasted interior but Taycan is a futuristic sport sedan and I don't think it fits with limestone. imho.
My wife recently told me (my car has black/black interior) she would have picked the black/black interior again but she would have suggested a contrasting color for stitching... might be the way to go?
Thank you, I was wondering the same thing. I just hope it won't be too hot in the summer. The Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control roof is out of my budget for my build.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I really love the chalk, but I wear dark denim often and know how it transfers to the seats. I'm having a hard time choosing seats. I've included my build and would appreciate any input.
+1 on the leather option. There is way too much plastic without the leather.

The configurator is not good for subtle differences (and sometimes not even close) and doesn't give you any good pictures where you can really compare the exterior color with the leather. You should get to your dealer and look at colors. They should have samples, if not a car or two, in Ice Grey. Putting the Ice Grey next to the leather will immediately rule out some that you might think would have been complementary. The interior is pretty tight so I went slightly lighter on the interior to lessen the closed in feeling. The number of Porsche options will drive you nuts but kind of half the fun.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
If that's for me, here's my spec https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRM1L3T4 - Truffle Brown.

Enjoy the configurator, you'll be there a while! Hopefully when you get the right combination of options you'll know.
Your car is Georgous!!
If that's for me, here's my spec https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRM1L3T4 - Truffle Brown.

Enjoy the configurator, you'll be there a while! Hopefully when you get the right combination of options you'll know.

You have great taste!! I've been on the configurator for hours. lol. The seats are my last decision to make before I order. I am worried that the black may make the car too hot in the summer. I don't mind the initial heat from getting into the car. I just want to make sure it cools off to a comfy temp.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
+1 on the leather option. There is way too much plastic without the leather.

The configurator is not good for subtle differences (and sometimes not even close) and doesn't give you any good pictures where you can really compare the exterior color with the leather. You should get to your dealer and look at colors. They should have samples, if not a car or two, in Ice Grey. Putting the Ice Grey next to the leather will immediately rule out some that you might think would have been complementary. The interior is pretty tight so I went slightly lighter on the interior to lessen the closed in feeling. The number of Porsche options will drive you nuts but kind of half the fun.
Sponsored