Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Just placed my order and went with your recommendation on the painted wheels and chalk interior. Thank you so much for providing these pics and advice, I appreciate it so much!!
That sounds great, could you share your final build you ordered.
Sponsored

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Really nice build and congrats!

Nothing obvious missing I would say but just to check (sorry if it is already discussed, too lazy to read the whole thread)

No need for the larger battery or the 400v option that allows you to fast charge at tesla superchargers?

I did spot a free “ashtray” that can serve as a little garbage can.

Enjoy the wait!

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Really nice build and congrats!

Nothing obvious missing I would say but just to check (sorry if it is already discussed, too lazy to read the whole thread)

No need for the larger battery or the 400v option that allows you to fast charge at tesla superchargers?

I did spot a free “ashtray” that can serve as a little garbage can.

Enjoy the wait!
[/QUO If we go on road trips we will take my husbands car. So our sales guy said we wouldn't need it. ha ha love the ash tray as a garbage can. adding a few pics of some cool cars at the dealership
Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5242

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5237

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5235

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5240

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5241

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback and pictures. It was super helpful and I am so thankful.

Here my final www.porsche-code.com/PRTH3BZ2

I'm so excited. Chris said about 4 months.

Thanks again
Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. IMG_5241

I really love the chalk, but I wear dark denim often and know how it transfers to the seats. I'm having a hard time choosing seats. I've included my build and would appreciate any input.
https://confi

Thank you

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. {filename}
I have chalk interior and there has been no color transfer from jeans. I've heard others have had problems, but maybe I'm lucky. The lighter color is a nice change from years of black leather interiors that I've had. Good luck with your vehicle.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
@Iluvcarats : Before you hit your freeze date, you might want to take a breeze through this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/option-choices-compromises.16638/, especially with an eye towards making absolutely certain that you want to stick with that tech package. In addition to @SergeyIndy's earlier detailed exposition on the topic, Remote Park Assist will remove the direct side camera view (I personally dropped RPA specifically for this reason). Also, you might want to look at the difference in the dashboard between a car with and without the HUD - personally, I find the HUD projector entourage to be a distraction from the normally clean dashline.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Thank you, I'm going to call Chris in the morning and confirm. I had the park assist on my Mercedes and loved it as it save the rims from parallel parking and I loved that feature. Are you saying that it removes the camera from the side of the car that would warn you about curbs? I would not want to lose that option as I hit a curb in the grocery parking lot the other day. Thanks for you help

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
I have chalk interior and there has been no color transfer from jeans. I've heard others have had problems, but maybe I'm lucky. The lighter color is a nice change from years of black leather interiors that I've had. Good luck with your vehicle.
That's great news, Chris said that they will put a protection package on it. Plus I'm not letting the kids drive this car. Thank you again

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi there, it was $129,760 I'm adding a couple of pics of cool cars that were at the dealership

Porsche Taycan Update. Placed out order this morning. Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback it was super helpful. {filename}

Great pictures of the cars at the dealership. I love the 911 Dakar in those colours, very Martini Racing....! I like the spec you have gone for, great colour combination, and some nice options. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Seems you will get it very quickly. I ordered mine in Oct last year and it is being built right now, so only a matter of weeks now before I get it (it is a CT4), but it has been a long wait.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Are you saying that it removes the camera from the side of the car that would warn you about curbs?
Sort of. It's difficult to explain because it's hard to find commonly-accepted terminology, and Porsche isn't always consistent with their English renderings of things. I tried to describe my experience in the thread I pointed you to, and I think the thread that initially clued me into the fact that this was an issue was https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/park-assist-with-surround-view-retrofit.16208/.

There is "surround view". Without that, there are no side cameras. I think everybody is pretty much in universal agreement that you want this.

Then there is "3D surround view", the value of which engenders considerably more controversy. Compounding the confusion, this option didn't used to be inextricably linked with Remote Parking Assist (but now it is). So if you take RPA, you get 3D surround.

At this point, it might be simpler for you to see if your dealer has models in stock that both do and don't have RPA - this is what I did. In the RPA car, you should obviously see an icon for...well, engaging the parking assist feature. On the non-RPA car, in this spot, you should see an icon that displays a direct "sandwich view" from the side view cameras, showing you what is on the sides of your car without all of the 3D frippery.

I personally found this view to be far superior than the (IMHO rather gimmicky and tedious to use) 3D view, so I dropped RPA.

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Great pictures of the cars at the dealership. I love the 911 Dakar in those colours, very Martini Racing....! I like the spec you have gone for, great colour combination, and some nice options. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Seems you will get it very quickly. I ordered mine in Oct last year and it is being built right now, so only a matter of weeks now before I get it (it is a CT4), but it has been a long wait.
So cool, can you post some pics of what it's going to look like? I'd love to see it

OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Sort of. It's difficult to explain because it's hard to find commonly-accepted terminology, and Porsche isn't always consistent with their English renderings of things. I tried to describe my experience in the thread I pointed you to, and I think the thread that initially clued me into the fact that this was an issue was https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/park-assist-with-surround-view-retrofit.16208/.

There is "surround view". Without that, there are no side cameras. I think everybody is pretty much in universal agreement that you want this.

Then there is "3D surround view", the value of which engenders considerably more controversy. Compounding the confusion, this option didn't used to be inextricably linked with Remote Parking Assist (but now it is). So if you take RPA, you get 3D surround.

At this point, it might be simpler for you to see if your dealer has models in stock that both do and don't have RPA - this is what I did. In the RPA car, you should obviously see an icon for...well, engaging the parking assist feature. On the non-RPA car, in this spot, you should see an icon that displays a direct "sandwich view" from the side view cameras, showing you what is on the sides of your car without all of the 3D frippery.

I personally found this view to be far superior than the (IMHO rather gimmicky and tedious to use) 3D view, so I dropped RPA.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
So cool, can you post some pics of what it's going to look like? I'd love to see it
Hopefully this link works.
Hi Iluvcarats, hopefully this link works. https://configurator.porsche.com/en...6.UP9.UQ4.VF0.VR0.VW1&viz-environment=outdoor

I am getting the car through a Salary Sacrifice scheme, and needed to keep it below £90k which was the maximum under the scheme, hence I had to limit my options. Ended up paying more so i paid the difference, and looking forward to finally getting it

Last edited:
OP
OP

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag