Update to software network VR19.0.1. Campaign number WNJ8 (UK)

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Nightmare!

I had the ONA5 update done 2 weeks ago - the job card says 'tape' - clearly we don't have the right kind of tape in UK!
I think we have the right tape but senior staff at PC Bristol had to wait for the next management meeting to decide who’s Amazon account to use to buy it.
Sponsored

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Booked mine in for early Sept they said needed it for 2 days so arranged a loaner hoping for the GT3 !

Jonswright

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Rover, VW iD3
Country flag
It looks like it’s me that’s going to be have the first installation of WNJ8 that Sheffield have done. I was expecting my car back today (after 3 weeks) from a comms fault but just been informed they are applying it now.😱
I will let you know how I get on…
Mines going into Sheffield next week for the software update, MY21 Turbo S. I've had a mixed service from Porsche Sheffield so far. How many days did they have your car for?

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Mines going into Sheffield next week for the software update, MY21 Turbo S. I've had a mixed service from Porsche Sheffield so far. How many days did they have your car for?
Well….
In total 4 weeks. But only 2 days of that for the WNJ8 update to VR19.0.1.

It was repaired after a comms fault (finally) 2 days ago and the WNJ8 recall popped up as they were checking it. So they installed it while they had it in. I was going to wait for a month or so to let them get some practice in but they started it before they told me.

The update process was going all day yesterday and I have just come off the phone from Mike at Sheffield who has just informed me that it was running all last night and is probably going to be finished later today. So 2 days. It seems like it’s a big deal. They had to restart it apparently. Mine was their first, so they may have learned a bit by next week.

Once they actually started doing stuff they seemed fine,.

Jamie, the tech, seems to know what he’s doing, once they get going.

I hope to have mine delivered back tomorrow morning.
Good luck!

Jonswright

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Rover, VW iD3
Country flag
Well….
In total 4 weeks. But only 2 days of that for the WNJ8 update to VR19.0.1.

It was repaired after a comms fault (finally) 2 days ago and the WNJ8 recall popped up as they were checking it. So they installed it while they had it in. I was going to wait for a month or so to let them get some practice in but they started it before they told me.

The update process was going all day yesterday and I have just come off the phone from Mike at Sheffield who has just informed me that it was running all last night and is probably going to be finished later today. So 2 days. It seems like it’s a big deal. They had to restart it apparently. Mine was their first, so they may have learned a bit by next week.

Once they actually started doing stuff they seemed fine,.

Jamie, the tech, seems to know what he’s doing, once they get going.

I hope to have mine delivered back tomorrow morning.
Good luck!
4 weeks FFS, I moaned when they had mine for 4 days and they gave me a Panamera as a loan car. At least they'll have had some experience with this update. Sounds like they're using floppy disks with amount of time it takes,

Thanks for reply. Let me know how it goes when you get it back.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
4 weeks FFS, I moaned when they had mine for 4 days and they gave me a Panamera as a loan car. At least they'll have had some experience with this update. Sounds like they're using floppy disks with amount of time it takes,

Edit, just looked at the app, which is working properly for the first time ever, and its all done and is on charge. It would be probably be ready after 1 day if they weren’t being cautious.

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
Booked mine in for early Sept they said needed it for 2 days so arranged a loaner hoping for the GT3 !
I asked my OPC for a 911, they said they stopped using them as loaners because they were abused! 😇

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Got the car delivered back. Haven’t had a chance to play with it yet but it seems ok. Apparently it didn’t throw a wobbly on the way here.
It does connect faultlessly with both the app and the website, for the first time in ages. That might be the replacement VTS module though. (Whatever that is).
I hope it stays stable.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Got the car delivered back. Haven’t had a chance to play with it yet but it seems ok. Apparently it didn’t throw a wobbly on the way here.
It does connect faultlessly with both the app and the website, for the first time in ages. That might be the replacement VTS module though. (Whatever that is).
I hope it stays stable.
VTS - Vehicle Tracking System - part of your PVTS+ (Porsche Vehicle...)

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Geez ... over a 2 month lead time to get this booked in!
Getting any work done on a Taycan sucks, crazy lead times.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
OK, so a quick update to my situation.

Car (which is a March '21 4S) is still with PC Bristol so that's now three days since they first tried to install the WNJ8 (VR19.0.1.) update.

They called late this afternoon to say that they still can't let me have the car back as it 'continues to throw up errors on the PCM'. Consequently they've had to 'raise a support ticket with Germany'.

So as of now I've no idea when Ill get the car back. Fortunately they loaned me a car when I dropped mine into them on Monday, albeit that it's a rough-running 4 cyl 2 ltr turbo BMW 330i which I find particularly nasty to drive! In the dealer's defence, they have at least been consistent in keeping me informed, and even offered to deliver my car back to me when it's ready.
On the plus side, they've done the ONA5 seat wiring harness mod which they initially told me they couldn't do as they hadn't got the parts. Hurrah, so I can now safely sit in my driver's seat! Except of course I can't, and have absolutely no idea when I will be able to. Perhaps the GTS I have on order with them will arrive first! We can but dream..
OK, so now another update

Still not got my car back. It’s now been six days and counting. The last call I had from the service dept said they’d tried again yesterday (Friday) and WNJ8 update still failed. They said they were going to have to raise a ticket with Porsche GB, despite having told me on Thursday that they were raising a ticket, so that’s raising some alarm bells in itself.

I reported previously that they’d called each day and asked me to go into the app and put the car into ‘workshop mode‘ in order to disable the tracking system. Has anyone else been asked to do this? I mean they’ve got the security tag and the key so is this even necessary?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m beginning to wonder whether Winge’s comment about not playing with the app while the car’s being updating has some bearing on why they’ve had the update process crashing, i.e. I’ve tended not to log out after putting the car into workshop mode so technically the app is remaining connected to the car. Therefore if I open it while the update is processing (which I have to confess I have been doing out of curiosity to see whether the car has moved at all), could this be causing it to crash?

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
OK, so now another update

Still not got my car back. It’s now been six days and counting. The last call I had from the service dept said they’d tried again yesterday (Friday) and WNJ8 update still failed. They said they were going to have to raise a ticket with Porsche GB, despite having told me on Thursday that they were raising a ticket, so that’s raising some alarm bells in itself.

I reported previously that they’d called each day and asked me to go into the app and put the car into ‘workshop mode‘ in order to disable the tracking system. Has anyone else been asked to do this? I mean they’ve got the security tag and the key so is this even necessary?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m beginning to wonder whether Winge’s comment about not playing with the app while the car’s being updating has some bearing on why they’ve had the update process crashing, i.e. I’ve tended not to log out after putting the car into workshop mode so technically the app is remaining connected to the car. Therefore if I open it while the update is processing (which I have to confess I have been doing out of curiosity to see whether the car has moved at all), could this be causing it to crash?
Hard to say and could be coincidental. I'd be surprised if they don't block access in any case.

I never use workshop mode either.
Sponsored