Visie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 CT 4S
Country flag
I contacted Porsche via the app (shaking) and made a complaint.
The reaction i got :

Thank you for contacting Porsche.
To address the connectivity issue you're experiencing with the Porsche App, please follow the outlined procedure below:

1. Remove the user from PCM (Porsche Communication Management).
  2. Set the privacy mode on.
  3. Switch off the ignition and lock the vehicle for 15 minutes.
  4. Unlock the vehicle and remove privacy mode.
  5. Set remote access again by adding a new user in PCM.

If that workaround has not solved the issue, please follow the instruction below.

To ensure that we address your situation in the most effective manner, we kindly request that you follow the guidelines outlined below:

Open your My Porsche app and shake your smartphone until the reporting option appears. Alternatively, you can visit the “Contact and Help” section of the My Porsche app and click on “Report a bug”.

To assist you further, we kindly request that you provide the following photos and information within the contact form:

Photo of the main screen of the PCM (computer in the car).
Photo of the privacy settings on the PCM.
Screenshot of the issue

Additionally, we would appreciate your input on the following:

When did you first notice this issue occurring?
Has the system worked properly before, or is this the first time you've encountered this issue?
Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue on your own?
Has there been any recent event or change that might have affected the system?

Rest assured that the information you provide will be forwarded to our technical department, and we will keep you updated on the processing status.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
I hope i can test this later this week.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Thanks; i will try this evening.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tried on both the Cayenne and the Taycan; no joy. Also, shaking the phone doesn’t seem to do anything… maybe another bug in their bug reporting process :)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I contacted Porsche via the app (shaking) and made a complaint.
The reaction i got :

I hope i can test this later this week.
This didn’t help at all for me. Still no RPA functionality.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update on my end (turbo ct 2023, iOS 17.4 iPhone 14 Pro, porsche app 10.1.1, latest versions of PCM)

spent 3 days at Porsche Swiss HQ. Lots of Taycans. Received update WN etc. my iPhone connects to PCM via BT. Also the other my porsche app functions are all OK. Everything works except REMOTE PARKING

Sadly, on their phones it works. On my iPhone no chance. We tried 4 iPhones including mine, using my porsche account. Same everything (one was even the same model). Their 3 phones activated the remote parking on my car without a problem.

Please keep in mind that the porsche app uses BT exclusively for remote parking (clearly not to lock the car or honk).

They think it's a BT issue specific to my phone unit (even tho BT works just fine on my phone). I tried to delete the porsche app, log out/in, hard reset the phone, switch radios on/off etc etc. No luck. Connection to the car fails 100%. Unf. I cannot do a full erase of my phone.

I had to accept their evidence as they used their phones to move my car around the lot 6-7 times to show me. Super weird.

Is there any other way (à la debugging) to analyse/test more deeply the various BT connections or to make a specific hard reset of the phone BT system? Any other creative ideas?
I suggest going through the following steps.
  1. If you take your phone to an Apple Store they can run diagnostics to determine if something is wrong with your BT. Let's assume ti checks out fine, so move to Step 2.
  2. The factory reset option might in fact be an option. I would fully delete the "My Porsche" app, then run a full iCloud backup. Once that backup is complete, do a Factory Reset of the phone. This should prevent any legacy My Porsche settings from being restored from a backup.
  3. After Factory Reset, you should install ONLY the My Porsche app and test the functionality.
  4. Assuming the My Porsche app now allows the Remote Parking to work, do another Factory Reset AND during the setup process, restore the phone from the most recent Backup. At this point you make sure that the phone work normally, and then re-download the My Porsche app from the App Store.
  5. Check that the My Porsche app still works (assuming it did in Step 3). If it doesn't, then there is something wrong following the restore in Step 4, and you may need to go back to Step 2 and just install all the apps and settings as if you didn't have a backup.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I suggest going through the following steps.
thanks. I was thinking about it, but it's a royal pita. I m afraid I have plenty apps which upon factory reset will require various ways of re-authentication (banking ones, work ones, etc etc, I do that every time I change to a new phone). Plus BT works very fine with any other app/device/function etc. so screw remote parking.

is there any way to debug the BT connection on the iPhone when myPorsche app tries to connect to the car and fails? Ultra weird that it works for some people and does not for others, without any logic. It leads me to believe it's not my BT

A good solution would be to buy a second iPhone just for remote parking 😆 😆

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Have/Could you check the bluetooth authorization and other settings are comparable with the iPhone"s the remote parking was working on?

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions 1710862666450-d

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried above using another spare phone that had been factory reset; it was older and not running 17.4, but still did not work. Interesting side note for anyone interested, I tried to use an iPad but the app only offers the lock/heating/horn option - not the remote park when running on this device.

Interestingly when playing around last night, I noticed the Taycan does try to do something. It made noises as if it was waking up and some of the dash elements lit up - and then nothing happens. So I feel like its communicating, but something fails during the process.

On the Cayenne, nothing lights up - but I do here something click on the car somewhere.

This would lend me to believe that the bluetooth communication itself isn't the fault.

I did try using the Xcode console to see if anything was obvious - but other than scanning for devices and finding the car etc - couldn't really determine much. There was an error, unexpected response 23 - but the payloads aren't visible so couldn't really determine much.

The Taycan firmware has been updated to latest; but the Cayenne hasn't changed - but the phone has updated to 17.4 and the latest My Porsche App and I believe the culprit lies there - but, this is software, so this could all be a red herring.

I might tap a friend with someone with a phone from Sam & Son to see if any better luck with Android.

I don't know if its relevant, I'm on Verizon - what are others on that are seeing the failure vs the owner that has the app working (I am tempted to do a network reset to see if that does anything; but I don't believe this impacts bluetooth).

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
This has probably been answered somewhere, but at what exact step does it fail for you guys? Can you post a screenshot?

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
This has probably been answered somewhere, but at what exact step does it fail for you guys? Can you post a screenshot?
Yes. There are a few screenshots already in this thread. E.g. message 206.

The evidence collected so far :

- the remote parking via app does not work for some people , the other app functions are ok
- as one clicks on the bottom steering wheel icon in the app, the app fails to connect to the car: first it says immediately “car not reachable” (and the button which would allow to initiate the parking manoeuvre is greyed out), then as one presses the “retry” button (in red) the app hangs on indefinitely trying to connect without luck. On my end it does not even time out, just stays on that screen.
- the remote parking function broke precisely the same day as Porsche released this new version of myPorsche app. If I am not wrong, mainly/just a revamped UI
- in my case, 2 days ago the dealer gave me the taycan back after applying 2 upgrades WNx and another one. PCM is the latest version. In their parking lot they downloaded the my Porsche app on 3 different iPhones (a 14 pro, a 13 pro and a SE), used my credentials to log in and moved my car in and out of a parking spot.

WTF - my guess is that I have been banned by porsche to use the remote parking (with a handset specific ban), much like a Tesla FSD ban for improper usage. :rock:

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
Similar here, tried all the tips mentioned above to no avail. Using a 15 Pro Max which always worked previously. Going to try the kids' phones this evening to see if they work.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
If you haven’t already, make sure to also remove the Bluetooth connection in Settings -> Bluetooth.

Otherwise I don’t think that is removed even if you delete the app.

There are some Bluetooth debugging apps (eg BT inspector) you can experiment with, but I’m not entirely sure exactly what to look for there. If nothing else you can check that the car actually shows up with a strong signal strength.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
If you haven’t already, make sure to also remove the Bluetooth connection in Settings -> Bluetooth.

Otherwise I don’t think that is removed even if you delete the app.

There are some Bluetooth debugging apps (eg BT inspector) you can experiment with, but I’m not entirely sure exactly what to look for there. If nothing else you can check that the car actually shows up with a strong signal strength.
Thanks. I don't precisely know but I think that there are 2 different kind of BT connections to the Taycan. The first is under settings--> BT "Taycan_1234". This one manages the PCM connection. I just activated this, before I was simply using a usb cable instead. This BT connection works perfectly (apple CarPlay etc etc). This IMHO has nothing to do with remote parking from app. In fact I was previously using the remote parking function *without* having connected the PCM via BT.

There s a second BT connection, not listed under the phone BT screen. A non visible BT connection that the myPorsche app establishes (or is supposed to) directly with the car. It's this BT connection which fails since the release of the "new" myporsche app.

Weirdly enough, when I launch the my.porsche app at 5 inches from the car, I click on the steering wheel icon but the app fails in no time ("vehicle not reachable"), like it's not even trying to connect to the car, as if there is "something" preventing the app from even trying to initiate the BT connection (not sure if I m explaining it well). Only after a few secs does the button "start remote parking" become red. Clicking on that just causes the app to hang on indefinitely waiting for god knows..

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
Thanks. I don't precisely know but I think that there are 2 different kind of BT connections to the Taycan. The first is under settings--> BT "Taycan_1234". This one manages the PCM connection. I just activated this, before I was simply using a usb cable instead. This BT connection works perfectly (apple CarPlay etc etc). This IMHO has nothing to do with remote parking from app. In fact I was previously using the remote parking function *without* having connected the PCM via BT.

There s a second BT connection, not listed under the phone BT screen. A non visible BT connection that the myPorsche app establishes (or is supposed to) directly with the car. It's this BT connection which fails since the release of the "new" myporsche app.

Weirdly enough, when I launch the my.porsche app at 5 inches from the car, I click on the steering wheel icon but the app fails in no time ("vehicle not reachable"), like it's not even trying to connect to the car, as if there is "something" preventing the app from even trying to initiate the BT connection (not sure if I m explaining it well). Only after a few secs does the button "start remote parking" become red. Clicking on that just causes the app to hang on indefinitely waiting for god knows..
Exactly the same here
Sponsored