whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Coming for like 3000$ to your nearest dealer 😂😂
Good news! It's only $2,999 and the subscription is included for a full year. $395 a year after that, available in Porsche Connect Store. Per KW price is Tesla price plus Porsche processing fee of 30%, plus applicable fees and taxes. Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Note: "for future products in the North American region, beginning in 2025."

Question is if the dorky refresh of the Taycan is a "future product." My guess is it will be Gen 2 in 2027 or 2028 until the Taycan hardware goes NACS.

I'll wait for the NACS plug and cross my fingers for a new hipper Taycan beyond the interim sheet metal refresh. Otherwise, I'll keep the classic and look at the emerging competition that focuses on improved technology.

Last edited:

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Good news! It's only $2,999 and the subscription is included for a full year. $395 a year after that, available in Porsche Connect Store. Per KW price is Tesla price plus Porsche processing fee of 30%, plus applicable prices. Prices subject to change without notice.
😂😂😂😂

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Awesome. Maybe I’ll finally road trip the Taycan in 2025! Though I’m wondering if the queue will be atrocious at Superchargers when it’s fully opened up.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you are like me and love driving the Taycan, then the obvious approach is to wait until the Tesla SuC network becomes available to Porsches, and try it out with an adapter.

I know the adapter isn't ideal, but it isn't awful, and as long as the Tesla SuC cable reaches the car I think I could live with this for a while. If it works as advertised then my next car will definitely be a Porsche EV (Taycan or Macan) model year 2025 or later with a native NACS port.

This also makes me think I'll purchase my wife's 2021 RX450h at the end of her lease in March and hold onto it until I can experience long-distance travel with the Taycan using the Tesla SuC network. I was thinking Plug-in Hybrid for her car, but now I'm thinking EV.

Last edited:

JasonC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The CCS1 -> NACS from Tesla is reasonably priced at $250 so I would hope if they ever make a NACS -> CCS1 adapter it would be in the $300-$500 range. The aftermarket NACS->CCS1 adapter (A2Z) is $206. I think I would pay up to $1k to never use EA/EVGo again
I have a Tesla charger at home and for $140 bought the Lectron adpater in the link below which works great. Would be super easy for me to take this to a TSuC and clip it on. I take it to our ski resort and also a hotel I stay at that only has Tesla home chargers and use it with no issues. Just a matter of when Tesla opens up the network to other vehicles.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFY768S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have a Tesla charger at home and for $140 bought the Lectron adpater in the link below which works great. Would be super easy for me to take this to a TSuC and clip it on. I take it to our ski resort and also a hotel I stay at that only has Tesla home chargers and use it with no issues. Just a matter of when Tesla opens up the network to other vehicles.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFY768S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
This adapter is not compatible with Supercharger use - maybe I am misinterpreting your suggestion?

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The NACS is now an SAE standard, but Tesla Superchargers are a privately-owned charging network. Am I correct in saying three things have to happen for us to be able to charge at a Tesla supercharger. 1) We need to get a physical adapter, 2) Porsche must modify the software in our cars to "talk" to the Tesla superchargers, at least for billing, and 3) Tesla must allow Porsches to charge at their stations. This last is motivated by the desire to qualify for government subsidies, and to some extent, profit from sales of electrons. The Tesla FAQ, to allay fears of Tesla owners, suggests that kW prices will be higher for non-Teslas, and that if a Supercharger farm is full, Tesla might somehow favor Tesla owners' access.

My understanding is that the government subsidy rule still contains the requirement that public stations have CCS, and optionally NACS. I imagine the Tesla motivation is that the momentum is for NACS-only stations to qualify, but I haven't seen that change in the news.

Also, the OP photo seems to show that with our port position, pulling forward into existing supercharger spaces means the cables will reach? May even better than Chargepoint cables here in the US.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
The NACS is now an SAE standard, but Tesla Superchargers are a privately-owned charging network. Am I correct in saying three things have to happen for us to be able to charge at a Tesla supercharger. 1) We need to get a physical adapter, 2) Porsche must modify the software in our cars to "talk" to the Tesla superchargers, at least for billing, and 3) Tesla must allow Porsches to charge at their stations. This last is motivated by the desire to qualify for government subsidies, and to some extent, profit from sales of electrons. The Tesla FAQ, to allay fears of Tesla owners, suggests that kW prices will be higher for non-Teslas, and that if a Supercharger farm is full, Tesla might somehow favor Tesla owners' access.

My understanding is that the government subsidy rule still contains the requirement that public stations have CCS, and optionally NACS. I imagine the Tesla motivation is that the momentum is for NACS-only stations to qualify, but I haven't seen that change in the news.

Also, the OP photo seems to show that with our port position, pulling forward into existing supercharger spaces means the cables will reach? May even better than Chargepoint cables here in the US.
#2 is nice to have but not required - your Taycan already works at MagicDock enabled North American superchargers (of which there are quite a few sites on the east cost).

You can start a charging session at Tesla MagicDock superchartgers via the existing Tesla app - no software changes from porsche required.

It's unclear at this point in time for _ANY_ of the announced vendors _IF_ plug&charge is a "thing" for their vehicles - if plug&charge _IS_ a thing then yes you'll need a new software drop from the vehicle manufacturing (OTA or dealer installed) - if plug&charge is _NOT_ a thing then you'll need to use an "app" to start a Tesla supercharger session - no different than today with ChargePoint or EVGo (and for 2020 Taycan's EA).

don't conflate supercharger support with plug&charge - they are distinct things and one does not require the other…

my guess/speculation is app based (Tesla or otherwise) is going to rule the day for the forseeable future - the existing plug&charge standards do not yet support multiple vendors (your North American Taycan for example can only support EA's plug&charge support - no other vendor is supported, and their is not standard for Porsche to adopt that does offer that support).

App based session activation is going to be the standard for the next few years.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Are any of the Supercharger versions capable of charging the Taycan at >150Kw, or are we just gaining access to a more reliable, but slower charging network?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Are any of the Supercharger versions capable of charging the Taycan at >150Kw, or are we just gaining access to a more reliable, but slower charging network?
more reliable and accessasble network - althougth I wouldn't call 150 kW "slower" - the actuall practical difference between 150kW and 270kw is about 8 minutes or less for a charge session to 90'ish % SOC - given the 800V Taper curve you can only charge above 150 kW until about 55% SOC - after that it's 150 kW or less which is therefore no slower than 800V EA stations (if they are working) - so the only preformance loss is for SOC levels from about 5-50%…

and given that often times it takes me longer on the phone with EA to activate a session at one of the few working stalls - I'll take reliable 150 kW charging over flaky derated and broken EA stalls all day everyday.

and if say you're traveling south on I-5 - you'll apprecaite teh 80+ Supercharger stalls at Harris Ranch vs. the 6 EA stalls of which 4 are typcailly "unavailable" or broken…or perhaps the 70+ Supercharger stalls at Lost Hill's vs. the 4 EA stalls near by.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I agree about the reliability, but I can fill two gas tanks in 8 minutes.

Still unanswered. Will the newest versions of Tesla Superchargers charge a Taycan at >150Kw?
Sponsored