Went to friendly dealer to get Euro Matrix lights option enabled... they couldn't get it to work :-(

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche uses the same ECUs, etc., globally. The hardware is the same everywhere. This issue is more if they instituted regional locks in their hardware code. So say if one ECU for, say, motor management is running the NA region, other ECUs (for, say, ACC or Matrix lights) will not switch to Europe for the region since PIWIS sees the NA region set in other ECUs. At least, that is something my embedded software dev friends would tell me the way to write software for hardware.
Maybe dealer is having easy time doing that on 911s and Panameras cause ECUs there aren't region locked. Taycans are a heck of a lot more software-dependent, so I would assume region lock is more likely.
As far as you've been told, when was this regional lock implemented for Taycans?
Sponsored

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
As far as you've been told, when was this regional lock implemented for Taycans?
I am coming to that conclusion based on my experience and understanding of embedded software and regional features control used in other types of hardware and on what I saw with Volvo. Is this what Porsche is doing? I don't have proof or have PIWIS to go sleuth.
A tech who does these region switches hitting dead ends with freshly updated Taycan would support this. But who knows. At this point, I know I can't get EU Matrix. We paid $$$ for the lights that aren't even bending type like in my '15 BMW X3 or '18 Volvo XC90

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I am coming to that conclusion based on my experience and understanding of embedded software and regional features control used in other types of hardware and on what I saw with Volvo. Is this what Porsche is doing? I don't have proof or have PIWIS to go sleuth.
A tech who does these region switches hitting dead ends with freshly updated Taycan would support this. But who knows. At this point, I know I can't get EU Matrix. We paid $$$ for the lights that aren't even bending type like in my '15 BMW X3 or '18 Volvo XC90
Did the tech who does this say whether they were able to do this few months ago but not any longer? I'm only asking because I know it was possible not long ago.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
Did the tech who does this say whether they were able to do this few months ago but not any longer? I'm only asking because I know it was possible not long ago.
I understood he did it on other Porsches. He has not done one on a '23 CT. I will shoot him a text message tomorrow.