neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I now have a dilemma and interested to know what my options are...
My CT4 is now at Emden awaiting shipping to the UK. It's a highly specced CT4, £15k of options. I got the final order form yesterday to sign and noticed it didn't have the surround view nor off-road design pack, in effect it was my pre-lockdown spec. Just before lock-down, we went through with my sales guy and added the two options mentioned above. he forgot to amend the spec when formalising the order. I think it had slipped through the net, otherwise this problem would have become apparent three months ago

I am also just about to hand back the hire car I've been using over the last 4 months so will be car-less

I now have a meeting with them next Thursday...
I guess I can reject the car...as long as the dealer provides me with a vehicle whilst I go through the order process again (I am tempted now by the 4S...)
I can accept the car, as long as there's sufficient inducement for this....i was, for instance, thinking about the winter wheel set and paint treatments

Buying a Porsche does, for me, become very much an emotional investment as well as financial, so it was my ideal spec. Would I soon forget about the shortcomings?? Who knows....

Interested in views from the community....
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I presume you signed off on the final spec without carefully going through it item by item then.
I must say it is my fear when being indecisive about items of small importance I may miss something I put on the original spec as essential, it is so long ago.

OP
OP

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, I didn't sign off - I think that's what they forgot and tried to catch up with their paperwork yesterday

I also have email confirmation from them quoting the correct Porsche code

OP
OP

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually find it quite straight forward to check - I look at the value - if it's different, I know something is amiss

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
It's a personal thing really on the options that you are missing.

For me I wouldn't miss those two, maybe the surround view but not the off road package.

So I'd take car with the £2k off or whatever the reduction in price is for those missing parts, then press for something for the aggravation - whatever you can get out of them. I'd ask for something like the wheels/ceramic coating you mentioned rather than sit and wait for their offer.

If you want them to re-order that could be sometime? Maybe if you are insistent on that they could retrofit those options?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I doubt they will have any problem selling the car at full price in the current circumstances but a new order may be a very long time coming (if they bump you up the queue, they bump someone else down).

I would really miss the surround view in my car on UK roads (in fact I would say its essential) - but its not a CT.
No idea what visibility is like on those, but assume its much better than the saloon?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. For me, it would boil down to this: Having a Taycan is better than not having a Taycan. Setting aside your understandable disappointment and frustration for a moment, the items you mentioned, to me at least, are not all that important. They're in the "nice to have" category but nothing that's going to effect your driving enjoyment or utility of the car.

As others suggested, I would accept the car, save the money, and press the dealer for concessions, either money off, or things valuable to you but not expensive for the dealer, like PPF or Ceramic, or a dozen Detailing sessions, PORSCHE swag, or my preference: A day at the Porsche Experience Center Silverstone.

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I’d take the car and negotiate some extras. You’ll do well to get a winter wheel set at c. £5k retail and paint protection (assuming the car list price excludes the missing options), but worth a try!

for what it’s worth, I have surround view and don’t use it, the front and rear cameras are fine.

OP
OP

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all.
I have a meeting with them Thursday afternoon. All options on the table...including starting the process again and them providing a loan car whilst the new car arrives. However, I agree with the sentiments above...I do want the CT now rather than later...but the short-spec plus the retrofit of the steering column (which they've confirmed is only manual and no idea of when it can be replaced) mean it's a compromise too far - maybe money will sooth my brow :cool:
I also know that if I do reject the car, they'll easily sell-on, probably at above list (looking at the approved car section, prices are crazy)
Maybe the loan car should be the mis-specced CT...

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Thanks all.
I have a meeting with them Thursday afternoon. All options on the table...including starting the process again and them providing a loan car whilst the new car arrives. However, I agree with the sentiments above...I do want the CT now rather than later...but the short-spec plus the retrofit of the steering column (which they've confirmed is only manual and no idea of when it can be replaced) mean it's a compromise too far - maybe money will sooth my brow :cool:
I also know that if I do reject the car, they'll easily sell-on, probably at above list (looking at the approved car section, prices are crazy)
There’s no way they’ll loan you the new CT when they can go sell it above list like you said. I think best you get is 1-2k off, and you should probably just take it. I get the frustration though…

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks all.
I think everybody gets the manual column adjust at the moment since the bits for electric aren't available, so that is no worse than all Taycan customers and probably better than having to wait for the car. Personally I have adjusted my wheel when I got the car and never touched the adjuster since, so the electrical will be wasted on mine when it comes!

The other bits are somewhat shocking. I hadn't chosen the extra body package but am looking forward to having a 3D view for the first time though even a simple reversing camera wasn't around for my first 30 years of car ownership!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I now have a dilemma and interested to know what my options are...
My CT4 is now at Emden awaiting shipping to the UK. It's a highly specced CT4, £15k of options. I got the final order form yesterday to sign and noticed it didn't have the surround view nor off-road design pack, in effect it was my pre-lockdown spec. Just before lock-down, we went through with my sales guy and added the two options mentioned above. he forgot to amend the spec when formalising the order. I think it had slipped through the net, otherwise this problem would have become apparent three months ago

I am also just about to hand back the hire car I've been using over the last 4 months so will be car-less

I now have a meeting with them next Thursday...
I guess I can reject the car...as long as the dealer provides me with a vehicle whilst I go through the order process again (I am tempted now by the 4S...)
I can accept the car, as long as there's sufficient inducement for this....i was, for instance, thinking about the winter wheel set and paint treatments

Buying a Porsche does, for me, become very much an emotional investment as well as financial, so it was my ideal spec. Would I soon forget about the shortcomings?? Who knows....

Tricky one - but worth evidencing what was agreed (your email, Porsche code etc).

You probably don't want the off-road design pack - it isn't all that (IMHO) and adds yet more superfluous plastic.

360 cameras are a miss and are "needed" on this and the saloon (I've driven the CT4S and the visibility is similar to the saloon). The real bonus are the side views (for kerbs etc) which you are missing out on plus the forward view.

Consider asking the dealer if they can retrofit - change the door mirrors and add the camera to the front (I assume you have the rear one only) - and re-code to the car. The rest is likely software as the wiring loom is probably in place (more cost effective).

Wait list is now around 12 months (I have a CT4S (or GTS) on order for next Nov) and with potential for the GTS variant to be released in November that might complicate / frustrate an already problematic situation.

OP
OP

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So - I arrived yesterday at 4:30 for my meeting and, low and behold, the car had arrived about 30 minutes earlier. Nothing to mellow the mood like the car being there in front of you :)
Interestingly, the steering column wasn't manual but electric which was one of my main issues.

Decided to take the car, subject to speaking to the sales manager this morning BUT when the revised paperwork was sent through, the spec was different again!! So, so frustrating....my issue now being I have no clarity on what the exact spec of the vehicle is...this is the third variant.

They're now busy investigating what's happened and I await further developments!

Porsche Taycan What are my options... IMG_6722

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So - I arrived yesterday at 4:30 for my meeting and, low and behold, the car had arrived about 30 minutes earlier. Nothing to mellow the mood like the car being there in front of you :)
Interestingly, the steering column wasn't manual but electric which was one of my main issues.

Decided to take the car, subject to speaking to the sales manager this morning BUT when the revised paperwork was sent through, the spec was different again!! So, so frustrating....my issue now being I have no clarity on what the exact spec of the vehicle is...this is the third variant.

They're now busy investigating what's happened and I await further developments!

IMG_6722.jpg
They should be able to ‘interrogate’ the car and pull off the precise build and spec sheet. Mind you it doesn’t sound like the Dealership exudes much in the way of competence!

Reactions: vdr