What the F are these options, and do I need any of them ? (UK based)

Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks to this forum Im almost there on a the little bits Im settling for my spec.
Would any of you mind clarifying if any of these cables etc are necessary ? I don't see many people including them on their spec so I suspect not.

Also, I assume you can plug in any I phone charging cable, or do you need their one ?

Thanks in advance. Im asking on there as well as researching to be sure.

I am UK based and also doing to add the 150 charge option (heard in case Tesla open up,, for EU trips ) cheers

Porsche Taycan What the F are these options, and do I need any of them ? (UK based) tempImagedSKg8c

Porsche Taycan What the F are these options, and do I need any of them ? (UK based) tempImageacp49K

Porsche Taycan What the F are these options, and do I need any of them ? (UK based) tempImageW8Dleq

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Click on the i to give a description. I believe all Taycans in the UK now come a public charging cables so unless you want a spare then Mode 3 cable not needed. USB unless you want a Porsche branded one again not needed. And with the greatest respect if you don't know about industrial sockets you clearly don't need them.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks to this forum Im almost there on a the little bits Im settling for my spec.
Would any of you mind clarifying if any of these cables etc are necessary ? I don't see many people including them on their spec so I suspect not.

Also, I assume you can plug in any I phone charging cable, or do you need their one ?

Thanks in advance. Im asking on there as well as researching to be sure.

I am UK based and also doing to add the 150 charge option (heard in case Tesla open up,, for EU trips ) cheers

tempImagedSKg8c.png

tempImageacp49K.png

tempImageW8Dleq.png
Audio and phone cables - you do not require these and can use any USB C cable. Note that you also have wireless charging as standard.

E,-Performace first photo - you don't need any of these for home charging. All necessary cables are supplied as standard. Ensure you have a 32A electrical supply installation at home.

E-Performance second photo - none required unless you want a longer car to EVSE cable (substituting the standard 4.5m cable).

150 DC option is useful for any EVSE > 50kW <= 175kW - BP, Tesla, others.

OP
OP

Keith

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Country flag
Audio and phone cables - you do not require these and can use any USB C cable. Note that you also have wireless charging as standard.

E,-Performace first photo - you don't need any of these for home charging. All necessary cables are supplied as standard. Ensure you have a 32A electrical supply installation at home.

E-Performance second photo - none required unless you want a longer car to EVSE cable (substituting the standard 4.5m cable).

150 DC option is useful for any EVSE > 50kW <= 175kW - BP, Tesla, others.

cheers so much for this... it was actually one of your old replies to another member I read about 10 mins ago that also answered perfectly. thanks really appreciate it, sure other do too! perfectly clear mate

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I think the wireless phone charging would be better described as phone heating. It generates a lot of heat and very little charge
My experience of wireless charging (not in a Taycan) as well.

Phone must be perfectly placed and even a case can drastically slow the charge rate.

It's a fad.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
My experience of wireless charging (not in a Taycan) as well.

Phone must be perfectly placed and even a case can drastically slow the charge rate.

It's a fad.
It’s a great idea. It just doesn’t work in practice. At least not on the Taycan

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think the wireless phone charging would be better described as phone heating. It generates a lot of heat and very little charge
I agree. I prefer to charge with a wire. I do however use the wireless charger on a longer drive as a phone holder by placing the phone back to front so that it doesn’t charge but stowed nice and safe