Why Are The Drive/Suspension Modes So Complex?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I have to agree.
My preferred mode is sport, low chassis, no regen, no sound. So I set that in the individual mode but every time I begin the drive I have to run through sport and sport+ mode on the chrono dial. Very annoying cuz the regen kicks on in sport mode (then off), then the sound kicks on in sport + mode (then off).
Hopefully someone smarter than me will tell me I'm doing it wrong...
They’ve changed this in MY25. Now Sport and Sport+ are effectively just two individual modes.
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I use the chassis raise all the time for bumpy situations. I don’t use the sports dampers much, but the option is there. It’s pretty uncomplicated imo. Especially compared to the AMG settings/buttons, as someone said above.

The chrono is hugely useful and I find the standard Porsche settings to work really nicely. Normal for every day, range for longer motorway journeys, sport for when you want a casual little blast and Sports+ for a serious drive where lots of concentration is required!

TaycanTurbo22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Surely the ability to be able to adjust the chassis independently of drive mode is a good thing (including being able to go to max' height via a single button press for speed bumps etc.)???

Ferrari has recently done something similar and adopted this approach with their 'bumpy road' setting...

How on earth is this complex OP? You have a number of predefined modes from Porsche, take your pick, an individual mode to mix and match your preferences and the option of whatever chassis setting you want in any mode? Plus a max' height chassis option at the touch of a button for convenience.

Now, it could be useful to be able to change the order in which the modes are selected via the selector on the steering wheel, so you don't need to pass through modes you rarely/don't use to get to, say, individual...but honestly, this is hardly a challenge is it!?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use the chassis raise all the time for bumpy situations.
I mean, that's the purpose of the Smart Lift function. The car will even remember the location and automatically lift every time you drive there.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you have all of the performance options, then the three controls make sense. You can change suspension settings at the click of one button, raise the car with the click of one other and lastly, you can change drive modes (which changes the various characteristics of the suspension, steering, and power response). If you have rear steer, PDCC and PTV, etc the changes in drive modes make a difference.

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect OP confused because he’s set Individual (or think he has) and it’s not sticking. To permanently set Individual need to select option button on the lower right of screen. Everything on screen otherwise is just temporary.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well yes. That was my point. And not very complex 😉
Yeah, exactly! What I tried to say is that I agree with you, and was mostly commenting on the thread in general.