Window control

RTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 930, GT3, Cayenne Diesel
Country flag
I have found that the windows do not raise up after I lower it all the way when I pull the window button up like I do normally with other cars. I have to push the button down as if I am further lowering the windows and then pull the button up, That way the window would raise up and close. Is that normal for all Taycan models or is this something that needs to be fixed?
Sponsored

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
I have found that the windows do not raise up after I lower it all the way when I pull the window button up like I do normally with other cars. I have to push the button down as if I am further lowering the windows and then pull the button up, That way the window would raise up and close. Is that normal for all Taycan models or is this something that needs to be fixed?
I’ve faced this issue intermittently, never been able to replicate it when I’m at the dealer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Consult the owner's manual and follow the retraining guide for windows so that they 'learn' the closed position.

Porsche Taycan Window control 1684233763612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve faced this issue intermittently, never been able to replicate it when I’m at the dealer.
Same here, once in a while. Although I don’t open the windows too often.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
Same here, once in a while. Although I don’t open the windows too often.
i open driver window everyday to tap my access card, probability of occurrence 20%

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I rarely open my window(s), but the driver’s side control is clunky at best….thought it was me.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am glad it's not me, and I have reset my windows multiple times. The only difference I noticed that different from everyone else is my driver window is fine, it's just the other ones. I've found a workaround and that is don't roll them completely down, and they'll go back up just fine.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Glad I’m not the only one. It’s strange given that automatic windows shouldn’t be that hard… it’s not like they don’t have it in their other cars

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
you jinxed me! I literally had this happen to me yesterday, and could not raise the window. first time it has happened though. i had to fiddle with the switch, and it finally went up... guessing it yet another software bug. either that or we going to have Taycans sitting at the port waiting for new window switches 😬

OP
OP
RTH

RTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Consult the owner's manual and follow the retraining guide for windows so that they 'learn' the closed position.

1684233763612.png
Thanks! The reset worked!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I rarely open windows (probably once or twice a month), so cannot say if they open/close properly, but perhaps this is related to why my Taycan reports its window(s) are open to the phone app half the time. Or maybe windows are just not something Porsche focuses on, so they let some intern design the motorized mechanism and its controls over the summer.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
My Driver side window does the same thing. So is there a fix for it or is it just part of the Taycan's?
It is a little irritating when the window doesn't roll up.

OP
OP
RTH

RTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Driver side window does the same thing. So is there a fix for it or is it just part of the Taycan's?
It is a little irritating when the window doesn't roll up.
Porsche Taycan Window control 1684233763612
Sponsored