Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Best Charging Session to date:
Arrival: 4% SoC & Batt 89F/32C 7pm outside temp 55F/13C
Charged just 12min 40 sec as we wanted to get to destination.
Departure 61% SoC & Batt 125F/52C
Received 51kWh in 12.67min => 242kW Average Charging Speed....
The Taycan is Fast on the Road and Fast in the Pits.

fyi: Cross posed in Stealth thread
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dufferman12

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2018 9114S Targa, 1911 Model T Torpedo
Country flag
Best Charging Session to date:
Arrival: 4% SoC & Batt 89F/32C 7pm outside temp 55F/13C
Charged just 12min 40 sec as we wanted to get to destination.
Departure 61% SoC & Batt 125F/52C
Received 51kWh in 12.67min => 242kW Average Charging Speed....
The Taycan is Fast on the Road and Fast in the Pits.

fyi: Cross posed in Stealth thread
That is great. Did you perform a battery warm up on the way. Seems clear that high temps=high charging rates.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is great. Did you perform a battery warm up on the way. Seems clear that high temps=high charging rates.
Absolutely temperature is key and state of charge is nearly secondary.

Yes simply routing to the charger has reasonably reliably triggered the preconditioning as long as there is enough distance. I see it kicking about 20 to 30 minutes prior to the charging session and I arrive at 89°f to 90° f.

P.S. I used to find Chargers by selecting the fuel pump icon on the search screen and selecting fast Chargers but I noticed that showed me even 30 kilowatt Chargers. I now use the Porsche Chargers option which only shows the Electrify America stations which is where I go anyway. Just a tip. Also you can press the little map pointer teardrop in the upper right to change your search location to along route and then it finds Chargers along the Route quite nicely.

P.P.S. I had actually paid for the Porsche charging planner but I have not been terribly satisfied with the locations it picks. I'm hoping in some months it will be worked out and actually pick Electrify America stations and not just any old level two station to stick you at for two hours.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Electrify America seems to be very intent on excellent customer service. That has been my experience so-far.
my experience is that they have all the words about excellent customer service, and their customer interaction is first rate. However this is never matched by any actual work to keep the charging stations working at speed, or repair done when reported broken.

As I’ve said other places I have had stations not repaired for weeks on end after I’ve reported them multiple times. So yes they’ve been very good with the words, but the actions are what matters.

And you will find high fault rates and non working units standard. Considering they are all connected and report, there should be no need for us to be calling in to let them know what they already know.

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
my experience is that they have all the words about excellent customer service, and their customer interaction is first rate. However this is never matched by any actual work to keep the charging stations working at speed, or repair done when reported broken.

As I’ve said other places I have had stations not repaired for weeks on end after I’ve reported them multiple times. So yes they’ve been very good with the words, but the actions are what matters.

And you will find high fault rates and non working units standard. Considering they are all connected and report, there should be no need for us to be calling in to let them know what they already know.
I completely agree with you @epirali, actions are what matters and I also have reported Chargers over and over and for weeks they had not been corrected. I can State though that the charger that I had the most problem with which is in Soledad California has now gotten to a very happy state. I was over 245 KW for 6 minutes, why 6min you ask? Well that's how long it takes to get from 1% to 30% where I throttled to 200kW.
My other major complaint was in San Jose Oakridge Mall which had two Chargers there and both plugs on each charger had the clips broken such that the charger handles could be removed from the car while live. I expressed to their customer support the danger in that situation, it was fixed the very next time I returned a few days later.

I think things may be getting better but I agree they could be a lot more proactive on detecting problems without having to have users call them in.
Sponsored