Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
My Taycan has come in today after a long wait and I have been sent some pictures, I am 80% sure it’s the wrong interior (grey as opposed to black). It’s hard to tell, due to the sun.

I am waiting to hear back, but what would people do in this scenario?
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Demand a significant discount (unless you hate it and want to wait another 3 to 5 months for your ideal car).

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
My Taycan has come in today after a long wait and I have been sent some pictures, I am 80% sure it’s the wrong interior (grey as opposed to black). It’s hard to tell, due to the sun.

I am waiting to hear back, but what would people do in this scenario?
I wouldn’t panic yet until you see it in person. I have seen many pictures where the black interior looks grey in the photos. If you have the VIN, you can it through the Porsche VIN checker to see the list of options.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I wouldn’t panic yet until you see it in person. I have seen many pictures where the black interior looks grey in the photos. If you have the VIN, you can it through the Porsche VIN checker to see the list of options.
Your dealer should be able to give you the build sheet.

The Porsche VIN checker seems to have a few month lag from production to when the build is available via the service. Running my own VIN says the window sticker isn’t available.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Your dealer should be able to give you the build sheet.

The Porsche VIN checker seems to have a few month lag from production to when the build is available via the service. Running my own VIN says the window sticker isn’t available.
Mine worked right away and showed me all of the options without having to get the window sticker. Worth a shot if the OP has the VIN.

https://vinanalytics.com

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Getting the wrong colored interior after the long wait can be unnerving. Rather than speculate, have the photos retaken under different lighting conditions (indoors or under a canopy vs direct sunlight) to discern whether the interior color differs from what you ordered.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Getting the wrong colored interior after the long wait can be unnerving. Rather than speculate, have the photos retaken under different lighting conditions (indoors or under a canopy vs direct sunlight) to discern whether the interior color differs from what you ordered.
Or just ask them what color the interior is?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Colors must be seen in person to judge.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The showroom has sample swatches for black. Ask your salesperson to take a photo with the swatch on top of your car's interior.

Or go to the dealer and see for yourself.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Black is the most popular Porsche interior color. Just ask the dealer if it is black. They will know. FYI, the Porsche black interior is not a midnight black. It is a little lighter.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Black is the most popular Porsche interior color. Just ask the dealer if it is black. They will know. FYI, the Porsche black interior is not a midnight black. It is a little lighter.
I have a loaner right now with the black interior, and it's pretty goddamn black.

Car is totally black with black rims, chrome-delete, and blacked out rear windows. So boring :(

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have a loaner right now with the black interior, and it's pretty goddamn black.

Car is totally black with black rims, chrome-delete, and blacked out rear windows. So boring :(
I too have such a loaner – a Panamera Sports Turismo – or The Hearse as I like to call it.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I too have such a loaner – a Panamera Sports Turismo – or The Hearse as I like to call it.
Getting off topic here, sorry OP, but I'm itching to reply: I always thought murdered-out cars were cool until I got this loaner. Coming from a (admittedly boring - wish we went for red or white) Volcanic Gray Taycan with red interior and gold accents to this... yeah, nah. Not cool in my opinion. Hearse is apt. Thanks -- new nickname for the loaner.
Sponsored