Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Current thinking:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBCNX11
(Panoramic roof will be upgraded to the dimmable version, when available on the Configurator).

Contemplating:
4+1 seats (would be used extremely rarely)
Ambient lighting
Seat ventilation/massage

Other colour choice would be Volcano grey.
Sponsored

Last edited:

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
Looks good, you put a deposit down yet?
I like the ambient lighting personally. The 4+1 apparently good for resale not that that’s a big factor for me. Ventilation seats a pure indulgence so why not I guess.

I will be adding RWS and surround parking to my build when Ido final spec.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks good, you put a deposit down yet?
I like the ambient lighting personally. The 4+1 apparently good for resale not that that’s a big factor for me. Ventilation seats a pure indulgence so why not I guess.

I will be adding RWS and surround parking to my build when Ido final spec.
Deposit went down the second the model went live on the Configurator.

Can you explain about the ambient lighting - do you find you change it a lot or do you simply play around, find a set-up you like and keep it like that?

The 4+1 would be primarily for resale, given the amount I would actually need this.

I was hoping to see whether people had experience of the ventilated ‘ massage seats and whether this was actually useful or just a gimmick?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I personally think ambient lighting is a great box to tick given it’s relative low value and the fact it really lifts an otherwise dark cabin at night. Even if you just set it once and leave it on.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I think it's a pretty good build, you seem to have most of the "must have" options imo.

Ambient lighting is fun, but it's one of those options that you'll end up setting it up, and then never touching it again.
Massage seats are a nicety if your budget will stretch, but how often would you use them, really? Might be good if waiting for your car to charge on a road trip :)
Likewise with ventilated seats, we're in the UK and I doubt they'll be that useful, especially as you have optioned insulated glass. The ventilation also makes the seats notably harder, from what I've read.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been playing around as well - deposit w/ dealer for this build. My first Porsche - any tips?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRRPWR1
I can't really offer 'tips' as I don't have the experience of the Taycan (yet) that many others do. I can offer some comments though!

1) For me if you are having a more exciting colour (I much prefer the boring grey / silver colours), then I would go for the Carmine Red, which really is THE GTS colour. Cherry Red is a nice colour though and will match your chosen interior nicely. :)

2) Interior-wise, the Race-tex interior is quite unique to the GTS, so I've chosen that. The interior that you've chosen is high quality and looks good with the exterior colour, it's just not something I think of for a 'GTS'

3)The Misison-E wheels obviously suit the car and tie-in, colour wise, but again, I like the GTS wheels.

4) Other things are quite personal - I've been put off ventilated seats, but I'm in the UK so you may have more use for them in your country

5) Given what I've read about the amount of braking carried out electronically, rather than via the discs, I wouldn't bother with the surface coated brakes.

6) The rest of your choices are quite similar to mine.
:)

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Aesthetics are very personal, so you should probably ignore the following!

The roof rack system looks a little out of place on a GTS - it looks more at home on a Cross Turismo. Is the rack system an important part of the way in which you intend to use the car?

The 4+1 option detracts from the symmetry of the rear seat and adds a vision-obscuring middle headrest. Your instinct is to leave it out, so maybe stick with that choice.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aesthetics are very personal, so you should probably ignore the following!

The roof rack system looks a little out of place on a GTS - it looks more at home on a Cross Turismo. Is the rack system an important part of the way in which you intend to use the car?

The 4+1 option detracts from the symmetry of the rear seat and adds a vision-obscuring middle headrest. Your instinct is to leave it out, so maybe stick with that choice.
I do like the look of the rails, but they won't get used much, if at all. Once to re-consider! Will (marginally?) improve the range too!

I am tending to agree with you on the 4+1 option.

Thanks

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Contemplating:
4+1 seats (would be used extremely rarely)
Ambient lighting
Seat ventilation/massage
4+1 a waste of money. Ambient worth every penny as are the ventilated seats.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
4+1 a waste of money. Ambient worth every penny as are the ventilated seats.
Ventilated seats probably less useful in the UK compared to Florida!

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I'd personally drop the surface coated brakes and add Rear Axle Steering and maybe PDCC too.
On the Canadian site, I cannot get the MIssion E wheels without adding the surface coated brakes - at least on the builder app I cant. I may drop the ventilated seats and add the Rear Axle Steering though.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I can't really offer 'tips' as I don't have the experience of the Taycan (yet) that many others do. I can offer some comments though!

1) For me if you are having a more exciting colour (I much prefer the boring grey / silver colours), then I would go for the Carmine Red, which really is THE GTS colour. Cherry Red is a nice colour though and will match your chosen interior nicely. :)

2) Interior-wise, the Race-tex interior is quite unique to the GTS, so I've chosen that. The interior that you've chosen is high quality and looks good with the exterior colour, it's just not something I think of for a 'GTS'

3)The Misison-E wheels obviously suit the car and tie-in, colour wise, but again, I like the GTS wheels.

4) Other things are quite personal - I've been put off ventilated seats, but I'm in the UK so you may have more use for them in your country

5) Given what I've read about the amount of braking carried out electronically, rather than via the discs, I wouldn't bother with the surface coated brakes.

6) The rest of your choices are quite similar to mine.
:)
I appreciate the details - I agree on the interior but this will be a daily driver and I was told it is very difficult to clean the race tex. My wife chose the wheels - i had the GTS wheels chosen initially as well haha happy wife :)
Sponsored