SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Update 3/18/20:

Porsche Press Release: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...tion-zuffenhausen-stop-coronavirus-20266.html

Porsche stops production due to the coronavirus

03/18/2020

As from the coming week, Porsche will suspend production for an initial period of two weeks. By taking this step, the sports car manufacturer is responding to the significant acceleration in the rate of infection caused by the coronavirus and the resultant measures implemented by the relevant authorities.

In addition to the primary protection of the workforce, bottlenecks in global supply chains no longer allow orderly production. At the same time, Porsche is preparing for a decline in demand and securing its financial strength with the decisions made. The parent plant in Zuffenhausen and the production location in Leipzig will be closed from Saturday (21 March 2020). These steps have been taken as part of an orderly process and in close cooperation with the works council.

“With these measures, our company contributes to protect the workforce and reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The actual consequences are not yet predictable. It is therefore too early for forecasts. What is clear is that 2020 will be a very challenging year,” says Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche AG. “We can only overcome the pandemic together and by taking rigorous measures.” Against this background, Porsche is fulfilling its entrepreneurial and social responsibility and stopping production. The situation will be continuously re-assessed.

In addition to suspending production, Porsche decided a number of intensified measures: there is a ban on business travel, for example, ‘mobile working’ has been greatly extended, and meetings will now only take place by video or conference calls.

I have my car in production. So close to finish, but I guess I have to wait for "ever" for delivery:crying:
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
VW will close down it's plant in Germany on Friday 20th. Does it means that Porsche will shutdown as well?
I have my car in production. So close to finish, but I guess I have to wait for "ever" for delivery:crying:
Mine as well.... Don't worry we'll get them when this mess is abating. :)

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Whilst my Turbo isnt due until September, our health and the worlds economy is far more important that getting a car. I will be gutted if mine gets delayed but health of everyone is more important

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I totally get this, although I'm just wondering aren't modern car plants so automated that workers could execute proper social distancing and hygiene practises with low risk? Just a thought. Perhaps not automated enough.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
People have meetings, eat together, etc...
They don't need to have meetings together. Those can be held remotely. Nor do they need to eat together. These things COULD be organized in a way that proper precautions are taken. It's not like not working, and working the normal way, are the only two options. But I have no detailed info on how those plants work, and the other circumstances, so this was just theoretical comment.

Other circumstances could be the children of the workers, which is a major additional issue depending on what choices the government makes in that regard.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer advised late this morning (Texas time) that they had received official notice from Stuttgart that the factory was closing beginning this Saturday for 2 weeks due to the novel coronavirus. My car was supposed to complete production last Friday the 13th, so perhaps there is a chance (albeit slim) that it will be completed prior to the shutdown. I hope so!

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
My Turbo was completed March 4, and on V Schedule was supposed to arrive in Emden March 13 and ship out March 27. Granted delivery of the car is completely trivial in light of where the world is right now, I was idly wondering what is happening to shipping and delivery of Porsches to U.S.? Anyone know?

Riksche

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Boxster GTS
Country flag
Been wondering the same thing for US delivery. My 4S is due in Davisville later today. Hoping there is no delay in getting it out to the dealer, but fully understand and support whatever ends up happening.

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Turbo was completed March 4, and on V Schedule was supposed to arrive in Emden March 13 and ship out March 27. Granted delivery of the car is completely trivial in light of where the world is right now, I was idly wondering what is happening to shipping and delivery of Porsches to U.S.? Anyone know?
Same with my turbo finished v300 Feb 21, it's been sitting at factory ever since. Hasn't even made it to the port. Something is going on with these cars that folks are not fessing up to.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Mine left on the vessel probably right before yours it arrived first in Halifax around March 10 and then my stop where it was off loaded in Rhode Island port and now that same vessel is curling around Florida assuming another drop. Everything now I am sure is a complete cluster F