First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
This is unfortunate timing.
I just got back from visiting the Porsche centre to finalise my specification and had to make a couple of changes, racetex B pillar is no longer available and Bose gave an extra 6 week wait so I dropped it.
OTOH the matrix lights, which I had wanted, were still not on the configurator and Vesuvius Grey painted wheels, which I have specified, are no longer on the list.
Race-Tex B pillar is available again, at least on my GTS config on this new MY version (DE).

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
What I see as a visual interior difference MY22/23 is a chrome style frame around the lower screen.
Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 iris (3)

Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 iris (2)

Last edited:

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
On RWD and CT4, original base wheels no longer seem to be an option! Instead the 19" Aero S wheels are standard

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Check. Her. Out.

1651047842298.png

Also available in Crayon.

I'm delighted to know that my car documentation can now take up the entire space of the glove compartment - for an extra ÂŁ270. And won't it look good?...
yeah, sounds good if it doesn't have a Porsche logo on it. Otherwise, only douche would carry one around. Like that character in billions.

sebseb

First Name
Seb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535i
Country flag
I noticed that too – really hope it isn't true. I do not like chrome anywhere on a car.
Yeah I noticed the chrome and thought maybe the screen is new or something. I notice that there's a manual lever beside the steering wheel column. So...is that a glitch or does a $150k Porsche actually come with manually adjustable steering wheel now?

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I notice that there's a manual lever beside the steering wheel column. So...is that a glitch or does a $150k Porsche actually come with manually adjustable steering wheel now?
Electronically adjustable steering wheel now only seems to be mentioned in conjunction with Memory Package, not sure if that's always been the case. That lever doesn't show on the Turbo rendering (Memory Package is standard on the Turbo).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I noticed the chrome and thought maybe the screen is new or something. I notice that there's a manual lever beside the steering wheel column. So...is that a glitch or does a $150k Porsche actually come with manually adjustable steering wheel now?
Manual adjustment is standard with 8 way seats - always has been since launch. Upgrade to 14 or 18 way to get electric adjustment.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Race-Tex B pillar is available again, at least on my GTS config on this new MY version (DE).
It still showed it as available in the configurator.

The dealer had a spreadsheet of options causing extra delays and the B pillar was in red, meaning indefinite delay. They presented my order and it came back with an indefinite delay, so I deleted that option, and the headlining I had selected to go with it and the order went through with no delay.
The Bose system came through with an extra 6 weeks of delay too, so I dropped that as well.
Then my order went in with no explicit delays.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
What do you think the factory cut off is for MY22 vs MY23 cars? My car is currently in production.

Doesn’t look like any “improvements” anyhow?!

I did once order a Range Rover that got the substantial model year improvements (full facelift) with no price increase due to the change happening between order and production. Seems Porsche do it differently.
On reflection I think the thread title is bollox, it is April so this is more likely to be an update of the configurator re-adding matrix lights and rear entertainment etc in the same way the December configurator removed them.
The configurator for 23 spec cars will surely be much later in the year?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
On reflection I think the thread title is bollox, it is April so this is more likely to be an update of the configurator re-adding matrix lights and rear entertainment etc in the same way the December configurator removed them.
The full URL of the UK configurator for a Turbo S is:

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.d...rameter_internet_en&ORDERTYPE=Y1AFH1&CNR=C16&MODELYEAR=2023&hookURL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.porsche.com%2fuk%2fmodelstart%2fall%2f

The model year parameter is set to 2023 – which I think gives a good sense these are MY23 configurations.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't think it is Frank, the configurator asks if you want to move your existing configurations into the new model year which is normally what to expect.

Delisted items may have been readded and others delisted again - this happened earlier as we know but no model year change flagged.

More items may be added and some colours too over the next few months.

Normally the MY / configurator change comes July time and so this is quite early.
Sponsored