Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
I am waiting for an allocation for a taycan 4S but I realized that the price of my 4S is above the starting price of a gts and the gts comes with some of the options I picked as standard is there a big speed difference between the two that is noticeable and what is the main difference between the two
Sponsored

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’d say go up to GTS, make sure they have an allocation for one. My decision was made for me, They had no 4S…My GTS according to Porsche tracker says Dec. 12 delivery. You can find the difference between the two with a quick google search. Most noteable, GTS comes with performance battery, suspension is tuned for more performance (different than all other versions), a bit more torque and HP than 4s, my assumption is you will “feel” it but will not be overwhelmingly different than 4s. GTS also comes with sport fascia, side skirts, etc. Another “potential” noteable is less depreciation.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
GTS has the same motor as the turbo on the rear axle. Front motor is the same between the 4S and GTS.
The front rotors are larger, the front fascia, side skirts, and rear diffuser have a more aggressive/sporty look. Supposedly some tweaks to the suspension and chassis.

The GTS has a unique electric sport sound, which is a bit deeper and more aggressive (manly) sounding.

interior is all alcantara and there’s “GTS” badging everywhere.

some of the options are included with the GTS, which you’d have to option on the 4S.

that’s about it…I think…

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Speeds in testing are identical. If you’re gonna do a performance option 4S, it really comes down to whether you want the GTS styling nuances or not.

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d say go up to GTS, make sure they have an allocation for one. My decision was made for me, They had no 4S…My GTS according to Porsche tracker says Dec. 12 delivery. You can find the difference between the two with a quick google search. Most noteable, GTS comes with performance battery, suspension is tuned for more performance (different than all other versions), a bit more torque and HP than 4s, my assumption is you will “feel” it but will not be overwhelmingly different than 4s. GTS also comes with sport fascia, side skirts, etc. Another “potential” noteable is less depreciation.
Do you like the different look of the gts

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also do you guys think the surface coated brakes are worth it

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Also do you guys think the surface coated brakes are worth it
I personally don’t. Expensive and the heaviest of all of the brake options. Go for standard or pcbb in my opinion. I went pcbb and I love them. And yes, I use them all of the time despite this being an EV

Reactions: B61

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Been through the same process. Initially intended to get a 4S but after I optioned it with stuff like sport design exterior, ptv, sports sound, big battery, sports chrono, black trim, and other items that were already standard on the GTS, it actually ended up costing more than if I would’ve just spec’d a GTS my way. So I went for a GTS instead. Won’t always work out this way for everyone of course - other people’s builds might work the numbers better as a 4S.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Speeds in testing are identical. If you’re gonna do a performance option 4S, it really comes down to whether you want the GTS styling nuances or not.
Do you have a source for that? Doesn’t make sense considering GTS has 68 more hp due to the Turbo motor on the rear.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Been through the same process. Initially intended to get a 4S but after I optioned it with stuff like sport design exterior, ptv, sports sound, big battery, sports chrono, black trim, and other items that were already standard on the GTS, it actually ended up costing more than if I would’ve just spec’d a GTS my way. So I went for a GTS instead. Won’t always work out this way for everyone of course - other people’s builds might work the numbers better as a 4S.
This is solid advice. I spec’d my 4S fairly heavily but I didnt spec much of anything that is standard on GTS….only the performance pkg which has some overlap. It’s important for everyone to compare their desired builds (4S to GTS) to see what makes sense. From a resale standpoint a lightly spec‘d GTS would likely carry a higher resale than a higher spec 4S, there’s that to consider.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have a source for that? Doesn’t make sense considering GTS has 68 more hp due to the Turbo motor on the rear.
The difference is 28hp, not 68, assuming both have PB+. Less than 5% difference. C&D ran 3.4/3.6 in the 4S rollout/raw. The GTS has clocked 3.55 raw in testing. The difference is going to be immaterial. Basically a dead heat.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The difference is 28hp, not 68, assuming both have PB+. Less than 5% difference. C&D ran 3.4/3.6 in the 4S rollout/raw. The GTS has clocked 3.55 raw in testing. The difference is going to be immaterial. Basically a dead heat.
Porsche website shows 68hp difference. I saw actual GTS 0-60 times tested at 3.2.
I’ve driven both, there’s a noticeable (not huge) difference.

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So do you guys think it is worth it to buy the gts over the 4S if you have the money in your opinion

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche website shows 68hp difference. I saw actual GTS 0-60 times tested at 3.2.
I’ve driven both, there’s a noticeable (not huge) difference.
Porsche shows the base battery for the 4S on the main page, which is 522. The performance battery is 562. The GTS only offers the performance battery, at 590. The difference between a performance 4S and a GTS is 28 hp. Five percent. On a 5,000 lb vehicle. Totally immaterial and impossible to feel on a butt dyno. And where have you seen an actual 3.2 test time?
Sponsored