Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Apologies for the non Taycan specific post although there was a TCTTS amongst it BUT I just saw 2 new Macan EVs in light camouflage, a Lamborghini URUS (in full camo), a Panamera Gen 3 in partial camouflage, a 911(.3?) in camouflage (with a High Voltage warning attached to the car cover draped over it (hybrid?)) all parking up in my underground parking garage in Edinburgh!!

I wasn’t able to get any decent pictures of the cars (all black) as the guys (German) were hurriedly putting car covers on all cars apart from the TCTTS.

I got a good look at the headlights of the Macan and they are really quite smart. Definitely a step up from that of the Taycan - more glass cover and really smart matrix (x 4) spot arrays - quite striking and better than the spy shots I’ve seen posted a while back.

I did think one of the 2 Porsche SUVs might have been a Cayenne but hard to tell under the covers now but I think they were both Macans. I’m also wondering if the Urus was a hybrid / full EV - it was all rather quiet when they were parking up.

As they’re all parked up for the night I guess if I were brave enough I could go back for a proper sneaky peak!

Sad I know but just thought I’d post it.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am really interested in finding out how the new Macan EV will look like. My wife is "patiently" waiting for one...

Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Apologies for the non Taycan specific post although there was a TCTTS amongst it BUT I just saw 2 new Macan EVs in light camouflage, a Lamborghini URUS (in full camo), a Panamera Gen 3 in partial camouflage, a 911(.3?) in camouflage (with a High Voltage warning attached to the car cover draped over it (hybrid?)) all parking up in my underground parking garage in Edinburgh!!

I wasn’t able to get any decent pictures of the cars (all black) as the guys (German) were hurriedly putting car covers on all cars apart from the TCTTS.

I got a good look at the headlights of the Macan and they are really quite smart. Definitely a step up from that of the Taycan - more glass cover and really smart matrix (x 4) spot arrays - quite striking and better than the spy shots I’ve seen posted a while back.

I did think one of the 2 Porsche SUVs might have been a Cayenne but hard to tell under the covers now but I think they were both Macans. I’m also wondering if the Urus was a hybrid / full EV - it was all rather quiet when they were parking up.

As they’re all parked up for the night I guess if I were brave enough I could go back for a proper sneaky peak!

Setup a trail cam on the wall, catch them when they are leaving? Or camp out yourself.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

If it’s your parking garage just go take some photos after they finish parking and leave!!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good job it's Edinburgh and not some other UK cities nearer where I live (Mcr and Lpool) .....

By now the local chop shop thieves would have lifted the cars and the parts up for sale on ebay.

Joking aside, if you can get some pics, they will be very hot property for car magazines I imagine?

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got lucky this morning as I went to complete my charging session (I guess I could have offered a top up!).

Ignore the faux tailpipes (part of the cammo).

I also got lucky with the Panamera and Urus and have a video of as they set off in convoy down the street but it is too big to upload here.

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! 20221007_090546

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! 20221007_090535

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! 20221007_090515

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! 20221006_193731

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! Macan EVs

Panamera

Porsche Taycan Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh! 20221006_193713

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I got lucky this morning as I went to complete my charging session (I guess I could have offered a top up!).

I also got lucky with the Panamera and Urus and have a video of as they set off in convoy down the street but it is too big to upload here.
I know there is still quite a lot of cammo on the Macan. But those coupe lines does not do it for me.
Hope there is a lot of change to the rear before release.

Looks like the designer got to the rear door and just said “”Sod it!”” . Very much like BMW with their GT line at some stage.

Edinburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag

20221007_090546.jpg

20221007_090535.jpg

20221007_090515.jpg

20221006_193731.jpg

Macan EVs.jpg

Panamera

20221006_193713.jpg
That drove past me going the other way this morning on the Western Approach in Edinburgh - I thought it must be a new Macan. It had the look of a slightly shrunk Lamborghini Urus from a distance, but the headlights were too much like the Taycan to be anything other than a Porsche.

From you pictures it does look better from the front than the back, but I guess there may be some disguising of the actual lines of the car going on.