Long term Taycan owners: Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
yeah, she's a porker. when you consider that the taycan is ~2000 lbs heavier than a GT3 it sort of boggles the mind you can heave it around the track as it does.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag

thankfully the car should feel a lot lighter then my 6,100lb wrangler. Granted I know they are the same weight but the Taycan does manage to hide it quiet well. Local dealer had a bermestere equipped car that I could take a listen to. It did sound very good I may still hold out for this option.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Only 4 months in, think I have experienced almost all the software niggles that has been duly described and discussed on this forum, but luckily they have sorted themselves out (for now). Crossing fingers for the infamous heater. Thing is I don't care, and neither does the wife. Had software glitches in all my other cars as well from time to time but this car is so good at what it's mainly intended for - driving! As long as it keeps doing just that I don't mind the odd reboot or quirk. Btw. Burmester is quite good - Worth it to me - Bose was not. If you don't want to to splurge, stick with standard. Had a listen to it when In for a service, and was ok for what it is. The Bose was worse in my opinion. However I think 99% will disagree. But dont take my word for it, or anyone else's for that matter Try have a listen to all 3 to make up your mind

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have been looking at getting into a taycan ever since they came out. I think I may take the leap now.

I was curious on peoples opinions that have owned the taycan since new. Are you still enjoying the car every day? Does it still feel special?

I have a habit of jumping to a new car every 6-12months and was wondering if the taycan has staying power. I am either going for a turbo or turbo S. My current daily is a 392 wrangler which is a blast but just looking for something a bit different. This will be purely a family daily as I still have a couple fun sports cars to play around with. While my wife will still have her rubicon for the Jeep experience.
I have been enjoying my Turbo S since Feb 2021. Currently at 26000+ miles and on my 3rd set of tires (first 2 sets were Pirelli tires and am now on Continentals).
I have had a few issues, primarily because I drive it like I stole it (hence the number of tires I have burned). A few things to list are (all completely covered by warranty):
- Seat buttons not working
- few on-n-off PCM issues
- rear window crack (from inside)
- 4 wheel stabilizer issue (this was a major issue)
- 12V charging not working (fuse issue)
- HUD not working (replaced the entire HUD system)
- Heater not working (common issue)
- am sure I am missing a few

I consider all of the above as an early adopter fees.

As far as drive is concerned, even after 26k miles, I still get a HUGE smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel of this car. And, as a bonus, this is a head turner and gets good attention from co-admirers.

The only wish I have is if the Electrify America chargers were at least 80% reliable (I would say they are less than 40% consistent in California) the entire ownership with long drives would have been a bit more enjoyable. Ofcourse, this is not the car's fault but the EV ecosystem issue in general.

PS: Lately I get a feeling that the power is not the same as it used to be. But every time I try Launch Control, I am proved wrong.

Last edited:

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. Is the turbo S worth it over the turbo? I have driven both but they were months apart from one another. Used prices have gotten very attractive lately
Depending on the config, should be pretty similar other than the first seconds of launch control.
I went with Turbo S as my config of Turbo was pretty close to Turbo S.
No regrets.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
21 RWD - Love mine, still a head turner. I wanted to get Mission E wheels but they would come with another 4k for surface coated breaks, so didn't get those, may be will try off market version of 20s.

I love the cherry metallic, there aren't any here in this color except for mine. Range is perfect about 240 in winter and 280 and over in summer. I would love to get a GTS but, they have long wait times and they have increased the prices recently.

I would replace it only with 911 Targa 4S, 2018 or above .

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Still pretty happy with Taycan and don't regret not getting a Turbo S over Turbo. My real problem is not getting enough drive time. I work from home and we end up using our ICE pickup truck for Bay Area / LA trips and most errands (Wife's garden always needs something).

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think this would be expected from the specifications.

The Turbo S only superior specification is the boost power for launch control.
No launch control used, no difference experienced, no surprise.
Feelings are not an accurate way of measuring performance numbers. 😁
Both use the same 600A pulse inverter on the rear axle. The difference is in the front axle pulse inverters where the Turbo S gets double the power with a 600A, compared to the Turbo’s 300A.
The Turbo S is faster overall.
[Edit: can't find the vid about the 60-120 sprint unfortunately]
It's not by much though and obviously not very noticeable by our member WuffvonTrips
It would be a better comparison if the Turbo and Turbo S were head-to-head in the same race, that would've given a difference.

Everybody knows Porsche is conservative about their numbers but these guys found 700+hp WITHOUT LC on a Turbo S:

Last edited:

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Had mine over 2 years now. 40k miles, daily driver family car and a few road trips as well. Still absolutely love it! It has issues like any other car, but by and large one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I received my 4S in October 2020, which makes me a veteran by Taycan standards. Nevertheless, the car continues to delight me. Even after the novelty of brisk acceleration from stand-still wears off a bit, the effortless driving dynamics never (at least into my third year of ownership) get old. Immediate torque at most any speed, crisp steering, great suspension, noise-free driving, etc. seem to be a winning formula for continuous joy.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The difference is in the front axle pulse inverters where the Turbo S gets double the power with a 600A, compared to the Turbo’s 300A.
I know but what Porsche have never published is for how long the front motor can take that extra current before it gets too hot, probably only seconds, and I have never seen confirmation from Porsche that it is ever exploited except in launch.

Reactions: or1

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I know but what Porsche have never published is for how long the front motor can take that extra current before it gets too hot, probably only seconds, and I have never seen confirmation from Porsche that it is ever exploited except in launch.
Well, you only need it for a few seconds, like short sprint or overtake.
You just can't keep on accelerating, the rear motor and battery will probably overheat too.
Point is, the Turbo S is quicker, not only due to LC.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61