daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
a slightly better successful charge session rate would go a long ways towards addressing the fast charging chasm between Taycan and Tesla…
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Don, as always, thank you for your insight.

OTA's are a "nice to have" for me, and that is about it. More importantly, I really am hoping the updates I got yesterday, and you got today, will take care of the 12v battery issues we experienced.

Guess we will find out!!
My SA said the downloads were taking a really long time, so they kept my car overnight.

See? Even delivering gigabytes (terabytes?) of data is hard!
I’m ok with old school updates at the dealership. I’m retired. And the dealership is only 5 miles away. Easy.

I just wish the loaner cars were anything other than SUVs.

#FirstWorldProblems

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah. We thought that too. Turns out they update our maps OTA. Big, scary, important stuff gets done at the dealership.
My taycan has not been to dealer since I got it in may and I have the newest software version. I would think it would have to be OTA

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My taycan has not been to dealer since I got it in may and I have the newest software version. I would think it would have to be OTA
Really? I’m confused. I’d certainly be happy if that were true.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How would you know anything other than PCM updates? The important ones in this are all the subsystem updates.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Don, as always, thank you for your insight.

OTA's are a "nice to have" for me, and that is about it. More importantly, I really am hoping the updates I got yesterday, and you got today, will take care of the 12v battery issues we experienced.

Guess we will find out!!
I never liked the OTA updates on my Tesla model S some where good if not great but most where just annoying and just created other issues especially the time they update the whole display layout and look, it was so radical I and cumbersum I got rid of the car. Ill take major updates at the dealer when I want them anyway over OTA

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
My SA said the downloads were taking a really long time, so they kept my car overnight.

See? Even delivering gigabytes (terabytes?) of data is hard!
I’m ok with old school updates at the dealership. I’m retired. And the dealership is only 5 miles away. Easy.

I just wish the loaner cars were anything other than SUVs.

#FirstWorldProblems
I think a lot of Dealers will find they not only need to have onsite charging but they will also need to invest in 1 or 2 Gigabit managed fiber connections for downloads and testing as the cars will have huge data systems...

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Mine is affected too. They'll try to update it tomorrow.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@svp6 and @louv if you can post your version numbers after the updates, would be interested in seeing if it matches up with what was shipped in my car.

I think Porsche has laid the infrastructure for substantial OTA updates, but I suspect unless it’s the equivalent of a zero day issue, they‘ll continue to have cars updated at dealerships.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
@svp6 and @louv if you can post your version numbers after the updates, would be interested in seeing if it matches up with what was shipped in my car.

I think Porsche has laid the infrastructure for substantial OTA updates, but I suspect unless it’s the equivalent of a zero day issue, they‘ll continue to have cars updated at dealerships.
@MissionC : I had the update done yesterday. here is what my 4s reflects now.

Porsche Taycan WLG2 Campaign --  software updates IMG_9726
Porsche Taycan WLG2 Campaign --  software updates IMG_9727

Porsche Taycan WLG2 Campaign --  software updates IMG_9726

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been at the dealer while they look into the high heat load I've been experience while charging. Service tech told me they'll be doing the update to my car while it's there. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@thecoloradokid thanks! When was your car built? Mine was on the line in early June, so it looks like this update had been already applied to in process cars before rolling out as an update. I’m interested in Porsche’s release management strategy and understanding how they’re going to flow updates out to the growing fleet. Looks like the hardware rev is region-specific, which I guess is to be expected.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
@thecoloradokid thanks! When was your car built? Mine was on the line in early June, so it looks like this update had been already applied to in process cars before rolling out as an update. I’m interested in Porsche’s release management strategy and understanding how they’re going to flow updates out to the growing fleet. Looks like the hardware rev is region-specific, which I guess is to be expected.

Mine 4s was built in March. So, based on when my car was built, and yours being built in June, it would seem that there was a cut off in May sometime. Newer builds getting the new software package, and then a roll out to vehicles build earlier in the year. From the paper work I have, and Don has confirmed, there are 2,387 cars in line for the update.

It will be good to have all the cars on the same versions of software. This way we can see if the 12v battery issues have solved. Also, I am going to take a long drive on Saturday, and then find an Electrify America charger to see if that process works better, since there were updates to the battery. In the dozen or so times I have charged at a 350kw charger, I have hit 150kw speeds once, and the rest was 100kw or below.
Sponsored