- First Name
- Sep 6, 2019
- Reaction score
- Porsche Taycan Turbo, Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Sometimes you need to call the Porsche Connect helpline. Maybe the kick the server. Or something.Just got back from the dealership. Here is my experience:
1. Service guys were awesome - schedule on short notice, bend over backward to help
2. All parties (service people and myself) got frustrated with the speed of the update (this was the first Taycan they updated). I brought in the car at ~ 9AM, at 1 PM it was still downloading..... All done by 4:30 PM (as pointed out above, some cars may need 2 updates). To quote one of them "we thought Panamera updates were difficult / complex; this is in a different ballpark". So be prepared for a full day or even overnight service if you go now. The service slot is automatically booked for 2 hours. I can imagine the service is not happy when the car occupies a place just downloading for hours on end..... Porsche had to find a different solution - download to USB, local computer, whatever.....
3. As mentioned above, nothing is different - which is good, considering all bits and pieces worked well in my car.
4. For someone like me who lives 90 miles from the closest dealership, OTA is gold. I echo previous comments on Tesla - 3 cars, 5 years, I did not event count how many updates, all flawless in my case.
On a separate note, since yesterday evening (i.e., prior to update, but after the introduction of the WLG2 campaign, my car can no longer be reached through the Porsche server (vehicle not available). Annoying, since remote climate control depends on that connection.
Even worst, this morning I got into the car to enable direct charge for the trip to Minneapolis (could not select my trip charging profile since "vehicle is unavailable"). With the phone in the car, and clear connection between car and phone, the Porsche connect app does diddly squat.... It still says "vehicle unavailable" even if it is clearly connected to the PCM.
Obviously, Apple Music does not work on PCM ("no connection, try again later").
I hope this is all related to the server being overwhelmed by the updates and it comes back to some sort of functioning status over the week-end.