Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just checked my phone and you may be right... in the Maps app on iPhone I can see that I can send a map location to the Connect app. Will have to try it when my car comes back from PPF and also see if it works when the car is in the garage but can't link to LTE from in there.
I’ve done this and it works.
Sponsored

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Not in my experience. Over 3 years ago I rented a brand new MB S-Class. The "self-driving" tech was better than what I ever experienced in my MS90D. So what other tech is there? OTA Updates with buckets full of bugs?
Hmm, not meaning to be confrontational here but I smell BS. I have tried every Autopilot out there at every level and Tesla in 10 x what anyone else is currently offering (and still isn't perfect), perhaps your Tesla was Autopilot 1 or simply "broken". I agree with the bugs though and the voice control being over 4G, is just a terrible idea! I think the Taycan is a stunner on every level but it still has plenty of work ahead to beat a Tesla on every level.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I think the Taycan is a stunner on every level but it still has plenty of work ahead to beat a Tesla on every level.
That it is, I was reading your posts in this thread and was sort of in a similar boat to you recently before I bought my 4S. My fixation was more with just wanting a Porsche in general since I was teenager, almost went with a 718, but after nearly a decade of Tesla Ownership (still own my P85), couldn't imagine going back to gas stations or getting oil changes, which is why I bought the 4S.

The top to bottom Tesla ownership and vehicle experience is much better than my experience with the 4S so far. The driving experience of the 4S is vastly superior to the Tesla, but as a daily driver, all the true creature comforts, technology, and ease of use of a Tesla make it a superior EV experience. I recently had to take my car in for an "update", something my Tesla has been doing in my garage since 2013. 90 minutes wasted for something another company figured out a decade ago in their infancy, and the techs don't seem too savvy with the Taycan.

Overall though, I am so thrilled I purchased the 4S, and don't think you would regret it. Just know you will really miss a lot of things you likely take for granted about Tesla ownership.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
The Taycan doesn't have brake hold by just stepping on the brake firmer when stopped like my Macan? Any other folks who've had other Porsche's try it with the Taycan?
Think you might have a problem as works perfect for me every time. Just press a bit harder and hold functions

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hmm, not meaning to be confrontational here but I smell BS. I have tried every Autopilot out there at every level and Tesla in 10 x what anyone else is currently offering (and still isn't perfect), perhaps your Tesla was Autopilot 1 or simply "broken". I agree with the bugs though and the voice control being over 4G, is just a terrible idea! I think the Taycan is a stunner on every level but it still has plenty of work ahead to beat a Tesla on every level.
Sorry, no BS here! A feature, which is not reliable, is not a feature it is rubbish, and that is what the AP is. I drove the Merc two weeks all over Switzerland and I never encountered this:

Der Autopilot hat in meinem S75D schon einige Tesla Gegner geschaffen. Die haben sich andere E-Autos gekauft. Wenn Elon Musk mal in Europa Autopilot gefahren wäre, würden einige Probleme vermutlich schnell behoben. In CH gibt’s immer noch Autobahntunnel, wo das System plötzlich denkt, dass es sich 50 Meter oben drüber in einer 30er Zone mit aufkommender Kurve befindet und dann hart bremst. Oder aus unerfindlichen Gründen an Tunnelausgängen. Wenn ich nicht sofort Vollgas gebe, bremst der Wagen einfach so von 80 auf 30 runter, das habe ich mal ausprobiert, als niemand hinter mir war. Ich frage mich, wann mal eine Behörde Autopilot und ACC bei Tesla stilllegen lässt...

The autopilot has already created some Tesla opponents in my S75D. They have bought other electric cars. If Elon Musk had ever driven an autopilot in Europe, some problems would probably be solved quickly. In CH there are still highway tunnels where the system suddenly thinks it's 50 meters above it in a 30 zone with an upcoming bend and then brakes hard. Or for some unknown reason at tunnel exits. If I don't go full throttle right away, the car simply brakes down from 80 to 30, I tried that once when nobody was behind me. I wonder when one day an authority will stop autopilot and ACC at Tesla...

Mine does this too. Hard phantom breaks in a local city tunnel with lots of large fully loaded container trucks on their way to the container harbor rushing to catch the boat right behind you.

Where exactly is the BS?

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Sorry, no BS here! A feature, which is not reliable, is not a feature it is rubbish, and that is what the AP is. I drove the Merc two weeks all over Switzerland and I never encountered this:

Where exactly is the BS?
This is slightly off topic and it isnt detracting from the fact the Taycan is great (hence we are on a Taycan forum). Fact is 100's of thousands of people use Tesla AP daily and think its better than anyone else's, your opinion is based on a hire car.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That it is, I was reading your posts in this thread and was sort of in a similar boat to you recently before I bought my 4S. My fixation was more with just wanting a Porsche in general since I was teenager, almost went with a 718, but after nearly a decade of Tesla Ownership (still own my P85), couldn't imagine going back to gas stations or getting oil changes, which is why I bought the 4S.

The top to bottom Tesla ownership and vehicle experience is much better than my experience with the 4S so far. The driving experience of the 4S is vastly superior to the Tesla, but as a daily driver, all the true creature comforts, technology, and ease of use of a Tesla make it a superior EV experience. I recently had to take my car in for an "update", something my Tesla has been doing in my garage since 2013. 90 minutes wasted for something another company figured out a decade ago in their infancy, and the techs don't seem too savvy with the Taycan.

Overall though, I am so thrilled I purchased the 4S, and don't think you would regret it. Just know you will really miss a lot of things you likely take for granted about Tesla ownership.
That's an excellent post, thank you. That's how I guessed I would feel about it too. Glad you are enjoying your new Taycan. Look forward to joining you.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess this might be a "new topic". How have people found insurance in the UK? I got quotes around £1600 for business and pleasure with Direct Line 10,000 miles.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I guess this might be a "new topic". How have people found insurance in the UK? I got quotes around £1600 for business and pleasure with Direct Line 10,000 miles.
Have mine with Porsche. Less than £500 and about the same as my Panamera. Make sure the tracker is activated, without it I would have had to pay £1,300 when I insured the Panamera. . .

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Have mine with Porsche. Less than £500 and about the same as my Panamera. Make sure the tracker is activated, without it I would have had to pay £1,300 when I insured the Panamera. . .
I’m with Aviva Plus, business comes as standard, need tracker, all for just under £500

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried Porsche - £2700
I tried Direct Line - £1415
I tried Aviva - £515

Which one, hmmm, let me think. :CWL:

Thank you for your help :)

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag